‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Lucifer Rising Part 2

I paced some more. “What did he mean by all of that?” I questioned, looking at Dean. “I don’t know, Mel…what do you think he meant by all of that?” he murmured.

“Honestly?” He nodded. “I think…I think he isn’t expecting me to survive passed the apocalypse to be honest…I think I’m supposed to just help you get there and get passed it…then I’m done…”

His look became hard as if I just stabbed him. He came over to me quickly and put my face in his hands.

“You listen to me…you and me? We’re going all the way passed the apocalypse together…and we’re going to get Sam and Brittney out of this mess…but no matter what happens…there is no way I’m going to let you just take the fall for me…ever…” he said like it was the craziest thing he has ever heard.

“Well maybe if it involves some cops but that‘s it” he added and I rolled my eyes at him. He grinned. “I love you” he whispered and kissed me quickly. “I’m going to try Sam again” he said, taking out his cell and I nodded.

I haven’t heard him say those words to me in…such a long time. I felt…a little better…and yea, I believed him when he said he wasn’t going to just let me take a fall for him…but that doesn’t mean he has any power over it…it seems like the angels are taking control now…remember when things were so simple as putting spirits to rest and just fighting off demons…now we have angel crap too…I’m telling you, I don’t know how it got like this.

When he tried Sam’s cell, I heard the static. “You can't reach him, Dean. You're outside your coverage zone” Cas said as he appeared behind us.

“What are you gonna do to Sam and Brit?”

“Nothing. They’re going to do it to themselves”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked. He looked down though.

“Oh, right, right. Got to toe the company line…why are you here, Cas?” I asked, shaking my head.

“We've been through much together…the three of us…and I just wanted to say, I'm sorry it ended like this”

I scoffed. “You’re sorry? It’s Armageddon, Cas. You need a bigger word than just sorry” I narrowed my eyes.

“Try to understand…this is long foretold. This is your…”

“Destiny? Don't give me that ‘holy’ crap. Destiny, God's plan…it's all a bunch of lies you poor, stupid son of a bitch! It's just a way for your bosses to keep us and keep you in line! You know what's real? People, families…that's real. And you're gonna watch them all burn?” Dean spoke and I got goose bumps at the thought.

I agreed with him…110%…and he was completely right. “What is so worth saving? I see nothing but pain here. I see inside you. Both of you. I see your guilt, your anger, confusion…confliction…” he said and eyed me but I kept my eyes on him. “In paradise, all is forgiven. You'll be at peace. Even with Sam and Brittney”

“You can take your peace and shove it up your lily-white ass. 'Cause I'll take the pain and the guilt. I'll even take Sam and Brittney as is” Dean said.

“And I’ll take the guilt and confliction and I will also take Sam and Brittney as is because it is a whole lot better than being some Stepford bitch in paradise. It’s simple Cas! There doesn’t have to be anymore crap about being a good soldier. There is a right and a wrong here and you know it” I said. Now, I was heated.

He turned away from me. “Cas, look at me!” I ordered as I got closer and put a hand on his shoulder to make him turned around.

He looked at me as if in disbelief that I actually touched him but I didn’t care. “You were going to help us once before…you were going to warn us about all of this before you got dragged back to bible camp…please…help us now” I pleaded.

“What would you have me do?”

“Get us to Sam and Brittney so we can stop this before it’s too late”

“I do that, we will all be hunted. We'll all be killed”

“If there is anything worth dying for…this is it” Dean spoke. Cas looked away again and I backed up, shaking my head. “You spineless...soulless son of a bitch. What do you care about dying? You're already dead. We're done”

“Dean…” Cas started.

“We're done!” he repeated.

Then, Cas looked at me as I was silent, staring at him. “Melissa…”

“You heard him…we’re done” I enforced and in a blink of an eye he was gone. How were we all going to get out of this one now?

~~~

I put a hand on my forehead as I was back to pacing but Dean was pacing with me as well. My stomach growled and reminded me how I was still starving. Dean was feeling the same way and I saw him pick up a hamburger and he was considering it as he also held one out to me and I was considering it as well. But, then I felt Cas’ presence and all of a sudden, he appeared and he threw Dean up against the wall and he covered his mouth with his hand as he had a knife in his other hand. I was about to yell at him and tell him he really was a crazy bastard but then he gave me this look that was kind of like a reassuring look and so I stayed quiet as he kept his eyes on mine. Cas and Dean shared a look and then Dean nodded and Cas let him go as we all stayed quiet and I got to their sides. Cas slid the knife across his forearm and started to use his blood and smear it on the wall and I watched as he started to form that sigil that banished angels.

“Castiel! Would you mind explaining just what the hell you're doing?” Zachariah’s voice boomed as he appeared behind us. I jumped a little. How did I not feel him coming?

Cas quickly finished up and slammed his hand into the center. Then, a violent white light appeared and Zachariah was gone. “He won't be gone long. We have to find Sam and Brittney now” Cas said to us.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“I don't know. But I know who does. We have to stop him from killing Lilith”

“But Lilith's gonna break the final seal” Dean said.

“Lilith is the final seal. She dies, the end begins” Cas informed us

My eyes grew. “Dean…” I gasped. “That’s what Ruby has been hiding!” I stated as I had this epiphany.

Shes known this whole time…she knew what was going to happen in the end…she knew it was going to come to this…she has been leading Brit and Sam down the road to releasing Lucifer this whole time.

~~~

Cas zapped us all to Chuck’s place and I felt my stomach churn uncomfortably but I ignored the feeling as Chuck looked up at us in shock. We told him we needed to know where Sam and Brittney were.

“St. Mary's?” I questioned. “What is it, a convent?” Dean asked. “Yeah, but you guys aren't supposed to be there. You're not in this story” Chuck said.

“Yeah, well…” Cas started as he glanced at me and Dean. “We're making it up as we go” he said and I nodded at him once.

But, then the room started to shake as a blinding white light started to come in through the windows. “Aw, man! not again!” Chuck complained.

“It's the archangel! I'll hold him off! I'll hold them all off! Just stop Sam and Brittney!” Cas yelled over the noise.

He put his hands on my forehead and Dean’s forehead and then I felt the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach as Dean and I were poofed to the convent. We darted down the hallway. I tried to listen carefully and I started to hear some voices.

“Dean, this way” I said, grabbing his jacket to pull him in a direction.

He followed as we raced down the hallway. We came to another hallway and at the end, two doors were open and we had a clear shot of the back of Brittney and Sam…and then Ruby turned around to see us. She smirked, put a hand up and freaking slammed the doors shut! The fucking bitch!

“Brittney!” I screamed as we raced to the doors. “Sam!” Dean yelled out.

“Dean…Melissa?” I heard their voices.

“Sammy! Brit!” I yelled again as Dean and I were pounding on the doors, trying to just get them open.

It suddenly got quiet on the other side and that made me nervous as Dean and I were using pedestals to try and knock the doors down.

Brittney’s POV

Ruby, Sam and I just watched as the blood started to pour out of Lilith’s body and it became a steady stream, flowing in certain directions…this doesn’t seem right. “You did it. I mean, it was a little touch-and-go there for a while, but…you both did it” Ruby said…in awe?

“What? What-what did we do?” Sam asked.

“You opened the door. And now he's free at last. He's free at last!” she said, still in awe, looking down at the blood that was making swirls.

“What? No, no, no…Lilith. We stopped her. We killed her!” I stressed.

“And it is written that the first demon shall be the last seal. And you bust her open. Now guess who's coming to dinner”

“Oh my god” Sam and I both said.

I stared down wide eyed at the blood, frozen in my spot. “Guess again” Ruby said. I heard the pounding coming from the doors but I couldn’t process anything.

“You don't even know how hard this was! All the demons out for my head. No one knew. I was the best of those sons of bitches! The most loyal! Not even Alistair knew! Only Lilith! Yeah, I'm sure you're both a little angry right now, But, I mean, come on, Sam! Brittney! Even you have to admit. I'm…I'm awesome!”

“You bitch. You lying bitch!” Sam shouted, throwing his arms up to try and use his powers on Ruby.

But, it didn’t work, he fell to his knees. “Don't hurt yourself, Sammy. It's useless. You shot your payload on the boss”

“The blood…you poisoned us”

Ruby knelt down in front of him and started to talk to him. I couldn’t even process her words though. The fucking bitch…she lied to us…why did I not see it coming? Why couldn’t I just continue to hate her like I did when we first met the bitch? Why didn’t I listen to Melissa? I turned on her. It was like I traded her in for this conniving, demonic bitch whore.

“Brittney, Brittney, hey” she said as she stood up to look at me and she grabbed my hands.

“This whole time…this whole time” I shook my head, pulling my hands away from her.

“Brittney, I didn’t lie to you this whole time…we became friends…”

“No…you were never my friend…you were using me…me and Sam”

“Lucifer is going to be grateful…he’s going to repay you both in ways you cant imagine” she smiled at me.

I just stared at her in disbelief. Then, the doors busted open and I saw how Mel had kicked them off their hinges. “You’re too late” Ruby said, turning to look at them.

“Don’t care” Mel spat and punched Ruby once and kneed her in the stomach.

I saw how Ruby’s eyes turned black, ready to strike Mel but Sam and I grabbed her from behind to keep her in place as Dean stabbed her in the stomach with the knife. She started to flicker inside and then she fell to the floor, dead. I looked up at Mel to see her giving me a sad look and I was giving her one as well as I was pained inside from just having her look at me.

My POV

“I’m sorry” she sobbed to me and I saw the tears well up in her eyes as they welled up in Sam’s eyes as well as they were both just looking at us.

Sam opened his mouth but then we all looked at the sigil on the floor that Lilith’s blood made and a brilliant white light started to shoot straight up out of the center and the convent started to shake and pieces of the ceiling were falling.

“Come on, lets go” Dean said as we tried to get Brit and Sam to move but they were transfixed on the light as they grabbed onto us, clutching us close to them.

“He’s coming” Sam said and I heard the panic in his voice.

But, neither of them budged. We all stood side by side, holding onto each other for dear life as the light started to get brighter while it began to work it’s way to fill the whole circle of the sigil. We were all frozen in our spots, just watching…and I was pretty sure this was it for all of us…we were just going to die here and now…and the question that was running through my mind? How did we get here?
♠ ♠ ♠
ok ima wait a while for more commnts and subscribers. i hope its ok. let me know wut u all think! im pretty excited to post season 5 :)

<<333