‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Beginning of the End Part 2

Then, in one swift movement, he got me by the hair and swung me into some cabinets, I fell to the counter and then to the ground as I felt searing pain through out my body and I watched as Bobby attacked Dean, bringing him into the living room. I heard the door swing open and there were a few more thumps. I crawled out of the kitchen to see three other people and I could see their black eyes. I listened to the girl talk a lot…but it wasn’t just any old demon…it was Meg.

“…every demon…every single one…is just dying for a piece of you and your girlfriend” Meg hissed. “Get in line” I heard Dean smirk as I saw him being pinned to the wall.

“Oh, I'm in the front of the line for you, baby. Let's ride” she said and I saw her kiss Dean. “What is that, peanut butter?” he made a face.

I worked up the strength to try and get to my feet. “You know, your surrogate daddy's still awake screaming in there. And I want him to know how it feels slicing the life out of you” she said and then handed ‘Bobby’ Ruby’s knife that she picked off the table.

I lunged forward and went for the knife but he was faster as he moved out of the way and I almost stumbled as he went to stab me but I got out of the way quick enough. “Well, Melissa, nice of you to join us. We weren’t going to leave you behind though. Once Dean was done, we were going to go in there and finish you off too” Meg spoke.

“Well, I’m not exactly the patient type” I said.

Then, I eyed Bobby. “Finish the job” Meg hissed.

“Bobby, don’t do this…I don’t want to have to hurt you” I spoke, cautiously, trying to get through to him. “Bobby!” Dean grunted.

I saw Bobby struggle against the demon possession and I lunged for the knife. Bobby lunged at me and I panicked a little, unsure of what to do…and like a reflex…my arm shot up and I stabbed him in the stomach. I freaking stabbed Bobby in the stomach! He glowed an orange color inside and I caught him as he started to fall to the floor and I helped him down gently as he was bleeding immensely. But, then I was grabbed by the arm by one of the anonymous demons and I flew into a wall and fell to the floor. I saw the other anonymous demon beating up Dean but I couldn’t even go help him because then I was getting the crap beat out of me. I saw Brit and Sam came walking in and Meg started to beat on them.

As blood started to come out of my mouth, my vision became slightly blurry but I didn’t feel anymore blows to my stomach or my head as I just laid still on the floor. I looked up to see Dean had stabbed the demon with the knife. He spun to throw it at Meg but she left her vessel too quickly. I looked at the two bodies on the ground and then I looked over at Bobby bleeding out and that made me push myself up with Dean’s help, Brit and Sam got up as well and we got Bobby out of the motel and I drove us all to the hospital as fast as I could.

“We need some help here!” I shouted, running into the hospital with Brit right behind me as Dean and Sam were carrying Bobby in.

“What happened?” a nurse asked.

“He was stabbed” Brit said. Yea, I stabbed him.

“Can we get a gurney?”

Then, some more nurses rushed over to us. “Hang on, Bobby. Hang in there” Dean said. “You're gonna be okay” Sam added as Bobby was being rolled away on the gurney.

We all tried to follow but a nurse stopped us and said she had questions for us and then she walked away.

“Come on, we have to go” Dean said. I nodded. “No. No way, Dean” Sam refused as Brit had a confused look.

“Sammy, the demons know where the sword is. We have to get there before they do if it’s not too late already!” I said to him and raced out as they all followed.

We got to the Castle storage place, jumped out, got some guns from the trunk of the Impala and we headed inside. We had our shotguns ready to fire…but it seemed someone beat us to the demons because there were two dead bodies in the middle of a devil’s trap

“I see you told the demons where the sword is” Zachariah chimed and we all spun to face him while he was standing there with his two angel posse.

“Oh, thank god. The angels are here” Dean said, sarcastically.

“And to think...they could have grabbed it any time they wanted” He waved his hand and shut the door behind us. “It was right in front of them”

“What do you mean?” Sam asked.

“We may have planted that particular piece of prophecy inside Chuck's skull, but it happened to be true. We did lose the Michael sword. We truly couldn't find it. Until now. You've just hand-delivered it to us”

“We don't have anything” Dean said.

“It's you, chucklehead. You're the Michael sword” he said and we were all silent, just staring at him. Was this a joke?

“What, you thought you could actually kill Lucifer? Even with Melissa at you’re side? You simpering wad of insecurity and self-loathing? No. You're just a human, Dean. And not much of one”

“What do you mean, I'm the sword?”

“You're Michael's weapon…well…” Then, he shifted his eyes to me. “Technically, Melissa is the sword…but you, Dean, you’re…rather, his...receptacle”

“I'm a vessel?” Dean questioned.

"You're the vessel. Michael's vessel”

“How? Why…why me?”

“Because you're chosen! It's a great honor, Dean”

“Oh, yeah. Yeah, life as an angel condom. That's real fun. I think I'll pass, thanks”

“Joking. Always joking. Well…no more jokes”

Then, he raised a hand, pointing out his fingers like a gun and he pointed at Dean…then me…then Sam… “Bang…bang” he said simply, pointing his fingers at him, then Brit.

I heard a few crunching noises and then Sam and Brit both fell to the floor, grunting in pain. Brit was panting as she was holding onto her legs in pain and I looked at them to see that they were in more than just pain…it was agonizing pain. My eyes became hard as they were writhing and I snapped my head back up at Zachariah.

“You son of a bitch!” I spat.

“Keep mouthing off and I’ll break more than their legs. I am completely and utterly done screwing around” he said and he wasn’t lying…he would break more than just their legs if he needed to.

“Melissa…even though Dean is the vessel…you are the weapon. He needs you to get to the end”

“And what exactly do I do at the end” I said, slightly mocking, mostly serious…and I narrowed my eyes.

“Protect and defend. The war has begun. We don't have our general. That's bad. Now, Michael is going to take his vessel, his weapon and lead the final charge against the adversary. You understand me?” he looked at both of us.

“How many humans die in the crossfire, huh? A million? Five, ten?” Dean questioned.

“Probably more. If Lucifer goes unchecked, you know how many die? All of them. He'll roast the planet alive”

Then, I realized something. “You need Dean’s consent…that’s why you’re telling us this…Michael needs his say-so to ride around in his skin” I stated.

“Unfortunately, yes”

“Well, why are you telling me that I’m the weapon?”

“Because I know you wont let Dean go down without you by his side…” It was true. “And Michael needs your consent too”

“What for?”

“Because when he’s using Dean as his vessel, he needs to be able to control you as well and it’ll be much easier if you give yourself up to him”

That sounded slightly dirty…but it wasn’t the time for inappropriate innuendoes. “Well, there's got to be another way” Dean said.

“There is no other way. There must be a battle. Michael must defeat the serpent. It is written”

“Yeah, maybe. But, on the other hand…eat me”

“The answer’s no” I added for both of us.

“Okay. How about this? Your friend Bobby. We know he's gravely injured. Say yes, and we'll heal him. Say no, he'll never walk again”

“No” we both said.

“Okay…fine…Dean…say yes and we’ll heal Melissa from stage four stomach cancer and breast cancer” he said.

Then, all of a sudden…I felt an intense pain inside me as I doubled over and coughed hard and brutally…blood came out of my mouth and dripped to the floor. Then, I felt my guts come up and sit in my throat as I threw up a gross-looking, yellow liquid onto the floor and I fell to my knees and Dean dropped his gun as he was at my side.

“No. He says no” I choked out, glaring up at Zachariah.

“Then let's get really creative. Uh, let's see how…Sam does without his lungs…” Sam started to gasp for air. “Or lets see how Brittney does with a closed up esophagus” Brit started to gasp for air as well but no noise was coming out of her.

“And you, Dean? Hmm how about…stomach cancer, lung cancer and a brain tumor that’s just about to explode”

Then, Dean started to cough out blood as well and then I watched as he held onto his head because of the pain he was in. I coughed out a little more blood. “Just kill us” Dean grunted.

“Kill you? Oh, no. I'm just getting started”

Then, I felt a familiar strong presence…and my eyes widened as I saw Castiel stabbed one of the other angels and he dropped to the ground with a hole in his throat. The other angel tried to fight off Cas but he stabbed him too and he fell to the floor.

“How are you…” Zachariah started, in shock.

“Alive? That's a good question. How did these four end up on that airplane? Another good question. 'Cause the angels didn't do it. I think we both know the answer, don't we” he said.

It was so good to hear his voice…but I wish the pace would speed up a little…Sam and Brit cant hold out much longer….

“No. That's not possible”

“It scares you. Well, it should. Now, put these boys and the girls back together and go. I won't ask twice” he ordered. Then, the sound of fluttering wings filled the air as Zachariah vanished…and my pain was gone. I looked at Dean and saw he felt the same way I did.

He grabbed my hand to help me to my feet and as I used my shirt to wipe my mouth, I saw Sam and Brit get to their feet as well. I put a hand on Brit’s shoulder as I looked into her eyes with my concerned ones and she just nodded. I nodded too and we all faced Cas.

“You four need to be more careful” he said.

“Yeah, I'm starting to get that. Your frat brothers are bigger dicks than I thought” Dean said.

“I don't mean the angels. Lucifer is circling his vessel. And once he takes it, those hex bags won't be enough to protect you” he said and I watched him place two hands on Dean and Sam’s chest and they gasped slightly.

Then he put his hands on my chest and Brit’s chest, with his palms right above our boobs. Then, we gasped as well and when he pulled away, I put a hand to my chest as I felt a sharp pain and some soreness in my chest.

“What the hell was that?” Brit and I both asked.

“An Enochian sigil. It'll hide you from every angel in creation, including Lucifer”

“What, did you just brand us with it?” Dean quipped slightly.

“No. I carved it into your ribs

We were all silent, just staring at him. “Hey, Cas, were you really dead?” Sam asked.

“Yes”

“Then how are you back?” Brit questioned. But, he didn’t answer…he just vanished…which definitely was not cool.

~~

We all got back to the hospital to Bobby’s room. I stayed silent as I got onto the radiator, by the window, sitting cross legged. Dean and Sam were against the wall, beside me as Brit was leaning against the radiator. I just stared at the machines Bobby was hooked up to. I could barely look at him, let alone even make eye contact with him. If anyone could make me lose eye contact with them it was Bobby and Dean. I was responsible for putting him in this freakin hospital in the first place…I put Bobby in the hospital.

A doctor walked in and I tried to listen to what he was saying and I missed most of it…but I caught the part where he said Bobby will be unlikely to walk again…and Bobby started yelling.

‘Unlikely to walk again’?! Why, you snot-nosed son of a bitch! Wait till I get out of this bed! I'll use my game leg and kick your friggin' ass! Yeah, you better run” he threatened and the doctor got out of the room pretty quickly.

I cracked a smile as we all found it amusing. Then, he looked at us. “You believe that yahoo?” he asked us as a rhetorical question.

“Screw him. You'll be fine” Dean assured him.

I felt some eyes on me and I tried to ignore them. “Umm so let me ask the million-dollar question. What do we do now?” Brit asked, getting the attention off me.

“Well…we save as many as we can for as long as we can, I guess. It's bad. Whoever wins, heaven or hell, we're boned” Bobby said.

“What if we win?” I threw out there.

They all looked at me again and the only one I looked at was Dean because I saw how he was going to going in the same direction, I was trying to go in.

“Seriously. Screw the angels and the demons and their crap apocalypse…hell, they want to fight a war, they can find their own planet. This one's ours, and I say they get the hell off it. We take 'em all on. We kill the devil. Hell, we even kill Michael if we have to. But we do it our own damn selves” Dean said, confidently.

I knew he was lying. Yes, Dean was confident about some things…most things…and it’s one of the reasons why I love him…but he was also a very good liar…and I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. I envied it because yea, I can lie but not that well when I’m talking to people I know and care about…but I also questioned his judgment when he did it. I smiled and nodded though, taking his side…knowing his heart was in the right place to lie to Bobby.

“And how are we supposed to do all this, genius?” Bobby questioned.

“I got no idea. But what I do have is a GED and a give-'em-hell attitude, and I'll figure it out”

“You are nine kinds of crazy, boy”

“It's been said” Then, he patted a hand on Bobby’s shoulder. “Listen, you stay on the mend. We'll see you in a bit” he said and went to walk out.

He stopped and turned to look at me though and I realized he was waiting for me. I saw Bobby look at Brit and Sam and I held up a finger to Dean and he nodded, waiting in the hallway.

“Sam…Brittney…I was awake. I know what I said back there. I just want you both to know that...that was the demon talking. I ain't cutting you out…I ain’t cutting either of you out” he said, eyeing Brittney. “Not ever”

Sam and Brit sighed and I saw how she cracked a smile. “Thanks, Bobby” they both said.

“You're welcome. I deserve a damn medal for this, but…you're welcome”

Then, they both looked at me and then walked out as I stood. I shifted slightly, awkwardly. “Ya know…I’m not good in hospitals. I break stuff and something might unplug so I’m just going to…” I started to make my way to the door.

“Melissa” he said, sternly.

So I stopped in my spot and I saw Dean giving me a hard stare. I rolled my eyes at him and then turned to face him. “Bobby…I’m so sorry…I-I didn’t…I never would’ve wanted you to end up here in this hospital…” I stammered.

“You rather me end up in some other hospital?”

“What? No. No, not what I meant…”

“Girl, I’m pulling your leg. Geez one stab wound and you go soft on me”

I sighed and lightened up. “I just…” I walked toward him and sat on the bed beside him, gently. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what else to say…I didn’t know what else to do”

“It’s alright, Mel” he grunted. “I know you didn’t mean for it to end like this…and you did the right thing. I would’ve done the same…so stop apologizing and get out of here ya idjit”

I grinned. Then, I kissed his cheek and I saw his cheeks turn a light shade of pink. “We’ll come back in a bit” I nodded and then walked out of the room, to Dean.

He grabbed my hand and we walked down the hallway. Even though Bobby said it was alright…I still couldn’t help but feel terrible. “You couldn’t do anything else, Mel…you had to do it…and Bobby knows that” he said to me.

“I know” I murmured.

“It’s going to be alright” he promised. It reminded me of how my father always told me that…and I felt slight heartache…but then I looked up at Dean and felt better.

We got to the main lobby and let go of each others hands when we saw Sam and Brit. I stuck my hands in my pockets as we all walked outside.

“You know, I was thinking, guys…maybe we could go after the Colt” Sam said and he was addressing Dean and I.

“Why? What difference would it make?” I asked, monotonously as we kept walking. “Well, we could use it on Lucifer. I mean, Dean, you just said back there…” Brit started.

“I just said a bunch of crap for Bobby's benefit…I mean, I'll fight. I'll fight till the last man, but let's at least be honest. I mean, we don't stand a snowball's chance, and you know that”

“Hell, you two of all people know that” I muttered, trying to keep walking but I saw Brittney and Sam stopped so Dean did as well.

“Melissa…is there something you want to say to us?” Brittney spoke.

I stopped and turned back around. I glanced at Dean and he just nodded once. I clenched my jaw, staring at Brittney and Sam…I looked to the ground…then back up at them as I took a few steps forward so there were only about five feet between us.

“I tried guys…I really did try…but I can’t just pretend that everything’s alright”

“Because everything’s not alright and it’s never going to be…” Dean voiced.

“You guys chose a demon over your best friend…” I looked at Brittney. “Over your own brother…” I looked at Sam.

“We would give anything to take it all back” Brittney said. “I know you would…and I know how sorry you both are” I nodded.

“But guys…you were the ones we depended on most…and you let us down in ways I cant even…” Dean’s voice trailed off as I saw tears well up in his eyes.

“It’s just…hard to forgive and forget right here…” I added as tears threatened my own eyes. “What can we do?” Sam asked as him and Brittney looked the same as we did.

“Honestly? Nothing” Dean said. Then, he just stared at Sam and I knew they were having their own moment. “I just don't...I don't think that we can ever be what we were. You know?”

Sam nodded slightly…he was now looking down. Brittney was keeping her eyes on me. “I don't think I can trust either of you” he added and Sam and Brittney’s eyes both widened slightly, in shock.

Dean started to walk away, to the Impala. He got into the driver’s seat and waited. They both stared at me and Brittney stared at me…she didn’t want me to say anything relevant to what Dean said…and I knew it…because I know her…well, I thought I knew her….

“I agree with him” I shrugged, helplessly.

I hated the pained looks they were both giving me. “I don’t think…any of us can be what we were…I don’t think I can trust you…” I said to Brittney and she looked at me as if I stabbed her 16 times in the stomach. “…either of you” I said more quietly, making eye contact with Sam before I turned around.

I walked to the Impala and Dean leaned across the seat to open the passenger door, signaling me to get in the front. So, I just sat in the seat and shut the door.

The two of us were silent as we just faced forward and Sam and Brittney stood out there, side by side, staring at us. We split up. It was official. Dean and I were on one side of the line…while Sam and Brittney were on the other…and I wondered to myself…I know we cant be on two sides of the line because that’s just cheap and there’s no way it’ll slide with anyone…but what if we could all be on the line together? Was that possible? To fight against the odds and stand on that line to prove that we’re our own team…our own side of the line? Maybe. Anything’s possible right? But, to even get on the line…we have to get close to it. The question here was…will we ever start moving toward each other…toward the line…instead of drifting apart…away from the line? Will we ever even get close enough to the line to have even a possibility of getting on the line? I don’t know. There’s no way to know…because we were puppets at the moment…having others draw a line for us…and choosing which side we were on.
♠ ♠ ♠
im going to post more tomoro, im jut rlly tired rite now :)

<<333