‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

I'm Fine...Really Part 2

We all got back to our motel but Dean hung around outside to call Cas as Sam, Brit and I walked in to our room. I spun around to face them. “Okay…so…you know” I assumed, looking at Sam.

“I know” he confirmed, nodding.

“Well…” I rubbed the back of my neck. “This is awkward”

“Yea, a little” he agreed.

“Why did we go to Julia and put her through that then if you knew?”

“Well, it’s not like I know why you wont tell Dean and I had to give him some kind of information…is it the kid? Is it Jesse?” he asked. I just stared at him. “Oh man…” he said.

I just sighed. “You do know you have to tell Dean right?”

“She knows” Brit voiced.

Brit” I chided lightly.

“Well, you do! It’s not like you can hide it from him forever. This is big stuff, Mel…and it isn’t fair that you know and he doesn’t”

“Who knows what?” Dean’s voiced chimed as he walked in to us. We all fell silent as we just stared at him. “Okay…is there something you three want to share with the class?" Dean asked.

"That isn't Jesse's real mom" Sam said. I feel sick again.

"What? How do you know?"

"Because I did find names of Jesses birth parents. I lied before"

"Okay, I'm going to take the bait and ask...why would you lie about it?"

"To buy Mel some time" Brit answered.

"Some time for what?" His eyes met mine. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. "To tell you the truth?" I said, uneasily.

"I'll bite...will someone please just tell me what's going on?" We all stayed silent.

“Julia’s son was born on the same day as Jesse but he didn’t make it…Jesse was born that day too but he wasn’t born to Julia…” Sam started.

“Okay…what does that have to do with Melissa?”

Why is he so stupid sometimes? I swear, he really is smart for a guy but sometimes i just want to smack him so hard, his head spins. Before I could respond, Cas appeared at my side.

“You got the message?” I asked him, eager to just change the subject. “It's lucky you found the boy” he said.

“Oh, yeah, real lucky…Cas, you have real bad timing” Dean commented. “What do we do with the kid?” I asked, ignoring him.

“Kill him” he answered. We all froze and stopped moving as we just stared at Cas.

“Cas…” Dean started. “You aren’t serious” I said with hope.

“This child is half demon and half human…”

“Yea, so am I” I countered.

“But it's far more powerful than you or any other demon or human. Other cultures call this hybrid cambion or katako. You know him as the antichrist” he explained and sat down in a chair.

Then…Cas started to fart? We all just stood there with questionable looks as the noises continued. “That wasn’t me” he said, pulling out a whoopee cushion.

I threw Dean a look and rolled my eyes. “Who put that there?” he said ‘innocently’.

“Anyway, I don't get it” Brit said. “Jesse is the devil's son?” Sam asked. Cas sighed.

“No, of course not. Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right. The antichrist is not Lucifer's child. It's just demon spawn. But it is one of the devil's greatest weapons in the war against heaven"

“Well, if Jesse's a demonic howitzer, then what the hell's he doing in Nebraska?” Dean asked.

“The demons lost him. They can't find him. But they're looking”

“And they lost him because?”

“Because of the child's power. It hides him from both angels and demons. For now”

“So he's got, like, a force field around him. Well, that's great. Problem solved"

“With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong. Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life…something that will draw the demons to him. The demons will find this child. Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the Host of Heaven”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. You're saying that…that Jesse's gonna nuke the angels?”

“We cannot allow that to happen”

“Hold on a second” Brit spoke up. “We're the good guys. We don't just…kill children” Sam said.

“A year ago, you would have done whatever it took to win this war”

“Things change”

I decided to step in and get in the middle of Sam, Brittney and Cas. “Okay, listen, we are not going to kill him” I said, sternly. “No we’re not…” Dean said and I saw he was at my side.

“But we can't leave Jesse here either. We know that. So…we take him to Bobby's. He'll know what to do”

“You'll kidnap him? What is going on in this town, it's what happens when this thing is happy. You cannot imagine what it will do if it's angry. Besides, how will you hold him? With a thought, he could be halfway around the world”

“I don’t care, Cas! We are not killing him!” I snapped.

He stood up and came to my eye level as I gave him a hard stare and he stared back into my eyes with his normal, emotionless stare. “Wait, you said Jesse’s half demon, half human, like Melissa…so don’t they have some kind of bond or something? Cant she just talk to the kid?” Dean suggested.

I tensed slightly but kept my eyes on Cas’. “Well, they have a much bigger bond than that” he spoke.

“What do you mean?”

I tensed up and I think somehow Cas stared deeper into my eyes and saw my emotions…so he didn’t answer Dean’s question. “I can not ask you to do this, Melissa…so, I am sorry…”

“Wait, I’m missing something, damn it, somebody tell me what the hell everyone is talking about!” Dean demanded…and I heard some pleading in his tone.

I broke away from Cas’ eyes to face him. I stared into his eyes for a moment…just staring into them. I wanted to remember what they looked like at that moment…because even though I could see how he was angry and annoyed and frustrated…I still saw the concern…the love…and honestly, I was afraid I wouldn’t see that again. But, I took a deep breath…and sucked it up.

“Jesse’s my kid. That’s what your missing. You’re missing the fact that I gave birth to Jesse and it’s my fault that demons are after him” I said, calmly and almost timidly.

He just stared at me…unsure of what to say next. “No. That’s not fair. He doesn’t get to not take responsibility” Brit said.

“Brittney” I shook my head at her. “No. She’s right. Dean…Jesse’s your kid too” Sam said. He still didn’t respond. He just stared at all of us like we were crazy.

Brit and Sam looked back at Cas. “So we tell Jesse the truth. You say Jesse's destined to go dark side. Fine. But he hasn't yet. So if we lay it all out for him…what he is, the apocalypse, everything…he might make the right choice” Sam said.

“You two didn't. And I can't take that chance” he said to them and then vanished.

This whole time though…Dean’s eyes never left mine. “I know we have to talk…but right now, we have to go save Jesse from Cas” I said, quietly as I slowly walked toward him.

He didn’t move. I put his face in my hands cautiously…making sure he wouldn’t pull away. “Dean?” I searched his eyes. But, then it was a blur as Sam and Brit dragged us out of the room.

~~~

With all thoughts from the previous event pushed aside, we raced inside Jesse’s house and Jesse was in a corner with his back up against a wall. “Umm was there a guy here?” Dean asked. “In a trench coat?” I added.

Jesse pointed to the floor and there was a little Castiel action figure, trench coat and all while he held a silver knife in his hand. I bent down and picked him up. We all exchanged a look and I looked around and walked over to the mantel above the fireplace. I set Cas down while Jesse sat down on the couch in front of me, Sam sat on a chair, Brit was leaning on a wall and Dean was standing right next to me, watching me as I placed Cas down.

“Was he your friend?” he asked, really looking at me and Dean. “Him?” I asked and analyzed his look. “No” Dean and I both answered…but I didn’t like lying to him.

“I did that. But how did I do that?” he asked. I noticed Dean was eyeing him for a short moment. “You're a superhero” he told him.

“I am?”

“Yeah. Yeah. I mean, who else could turn someone into a toy? You're Superman…minus the cape and the go-go boots. See, my partners and I, we work for a secret government agency. It's our job to find kids with special powers. In fact, we're here to take you to a hidden base in South Dakota, where you'll be trained to fight evil”

“Like the X-Men?”

“Exactly like the X-Men” Dean chuckled.

“In fact, the, uh, guy we're taking you to…he's even in a wheelchair. You'll be a hero. You'll save lives. You'll get the girl. Sounds like fun, right?”

But, then, suddenly Dean flew into a wall and he was pinned against it as Julia walked on in…except…it wasn’t Julia. She was being possessed…again. “They're lying to you” she spoke.

Sam stood up and so did Brit but they were flung to the wall as well. “Stay right there, dreamboat. Can't hurt you. Orders”

I lunged at her but she flung me across the room. “But you? Hurting you is encouraged” she said and threw me up into the ceiling, then back to the floor, then across the room again as I toppled over the couch and onto the floor.

I groaned and gasped as I had the wind knocked out of me. “Hey, cut it out!” Dean grunted. “Leave her alone!” Jesse yelled.

Julia bent down to come face to face with Jesse. “Jesse. You're beautiful. You have your father's eyes” she said, acting sweet.

“Who are you?”

“I'm your mother”

“No, you're not”

“Mmhmm. You're half human...half one of us”

“She means demons, Jesse!” Dean yelled.

I saw she straightened her back and held up a clenched fist. I lifted my head a little to see Dean writhe in pain against the wall. “Those people you call your parents…they lied to you, too. You're not theirs…not really”

“My mom and dad love me”

“Do they? Is that why they leave you alone all day? Because they love you so much? These people…these imposters they told you that the tooth fairy was real and that your toys could hurt you and a hundred other things that aren't true. They love you so much, they made your whole life a lie. Look into your heart, Jesse. You've always known you weren't theirs. You've always known you were different. Everyone has lied to you. They're not FBI agents. And you're not a superhero”

“Then what am I?”

“You're powerful. You can have anything you want. You can do anything you want”

“Don’t listen to her, Jesse” Dean grunted but I heard him groan again when Julia looked at him.

I tried to push myself to my feet but I felt an enormous amount of pressure on me. “They treated you like a child. Nobody trusted you. Everybody's lied to you. Doesn't that make you angry?”

I felt the floor start to shake a little and the room started to rattle as a fire in the fire place flared up and the lights began to flicker…how the parents upstairs stayed sleeping, I’ll never know.

“See? It does make you angry. But I'm telling you the truth, Jesse. Wouldn't it be better if there were no lies? Come with me and you can wash it all clean. Start over. Imagine that…a world without lies”

“Jesse…she’s right, we did lie, but I’ll tell you the truth…” I started but then I felt more pressure on my body.

I yelped and gasped for air as I felt my lungs starting to collapse. “Stop it” Jesse ordered and the pain was gone. I saw Dean, Brit and Sam had all dropped to their feet. “I want to hear what she has to say”

“You're stronger than I thought” Julia said, impressed.

“We all want to come clean, Jesse” Sam added.

Dean got to my side and helped me up, keeping me up as I was hunched over a little. But, I straightened my posture to meet Jesse’s eyes.

“Jesse…I’m sorry we lied to you…but here’s the truth…this is Dean Winchester and his brother Sam, my friend, Brittney…and my name really is Melissa” I introduced.

“And we hunt monsters” Sam added.

I was getting to that, Sam. I was trying to hold back my annoyance since Sam was a little impatient and wanted to tell him the truth already…I knew he was only acting like that because he was really counting on Jesse to make the right decision since he didnt but I don’t think I was even ready to come out with the truth.

“Except when you are the monster. Right, Sammy?” Julia quipped.

“And that woman right there, her name is Julia. She's your mother. But the thing inside of her, the thing that you're talking to…it's a demon” Brit explained. “A demon?” Jesse inquired.

“They’ve done nothing but lie to you since the moment you met them. Don't listen to them. Punish them”

“Sit down and shut up” Jesse ordered. A chair slid under Julia’s legs as she was forced to sit and she wasn’t able to speak. I was impressed.

“There's, uh, kind of a...war between angels and demons, and...you're a part of it” Sam told him. “I'm just a kid” he reminded him.

I wanted to cry. He was right. He was just a kid and he was being dragged into this war…it wasn’t fair. I stepped forward before Sam could talk again and I bent down to Jesse’s level.

“You can go with her if you want, Jesse. I cant stop you…I wont stop you…and no one else can stop you…”

"But if you do go with her, millions of people will die” Brit said.

“She said I was half demon. Is that true?”

“Yes, but…” I started.

“You're half human, too. You can do the right thing. You've got choices, Jesse. But if you make the wrong ones, it'll haunt you for the rest of your life” Sam said.

I shot him a look and Dean saw it so he tried to pull Sam back a little but he was resistant. “Why are you telling me this?!” Jesse cried out.

“Because I have to believe someone can make the right choice, even if I couldn't”

I looked back at Jesse. He was contemplating what Sam said. Then, she looked back at Julia. “Get out of her” he ordered.

Then, the chair flew back against the wall and black smoke began to pour out of Julia’s mouth and flew up the chimney. “How did you do that?” Dean asked, incredulous. “I just did” Jesse shrugged. “Kid…you're awesome” he said, proudly.

Jesse looked back at Julia, slumped in the chair. “Is she gonna be all right?” he asked. “Eventually” Dean answered.

I picked up the little Castiel action figure and laughed under my breath as I handed him to Dean. “It’s a good look for him” I commented.

Dean rolled his eyes at me and looked down at Jesse. Did we suddenly switch rolls or something?

“Look, uh, truth is, he's kind of a buddy ours…” he said, gesturing to the two of us. “Is there any way you could turn him back?”

“He tried to kill me” Jesse reminded him.

“Right. Uh. But he's a…he's a good guy. He was just confused” Jesse just stared at him. “Okay. It's been a long night. We'll...talk about it later” he said and put Cas back on the mantel.

Dean looked at me and stared into my eyes for a moment while I did the same. I noticed Jesse looked between me and Dean…and suddenly, everything seemed awkward.

“Can I talk to you?” he asked me. “Yea…I think that’s a good idea” I said, standing up, straight. “You wait here, though” he said, just eyeing Dean.

“You got it chief” Dean replied, almost taken back by it. Jesse led me into the kitchen and we both sat down at the table. He just stared at me at first while I stared at him.

“Why do I feel…like I really know you…?” he asked.

“Because…I am your real mother…Brittney just told you Julia was your mom so maybe you could do what you did and send the demon packing, the woman in the other room isn’t your mom”

“So...I’m adopted” he assumed. I nodded. “And that shorter guy in the other room is my dad?”

I laughed under my breath. “Yea, he is”

“Hey, I’m not that short” Dean defended, showing up at the kitchen door. “Is it okay if I come in now, boss?” he asked.

Jesse nodded. “Why did you get rid of me? You didn’t want me?” he asked.

He didn’t give me attitude, he wasn’t mean about it…he was just curious…and I heard a little sadness in his tone.

“No, no, no Jesse, it wasn’t that. I wanted to keep you more than anything. I just couldn’t…you have to understand that I hunted monsters all my life and I was young when you were born…I didn’t want to raise you in the life I was living in…and I knew there would be no way for you to get out of it…and I’m just sorry that I was right…that you are still being dragged into all of this” I told him honestly.

He stared at me and I think he was wondering if he should believe me or not…I think he did. He looked at Dean. “Did you have a say in any of it?”

“I didn’t even know about it…when Melissa and I were younger, there was this accident where our memories were erased…she got most of hers back whereas I’m still getting bits and pieces…so I just found out I had a son today” he said, smiling at Jesse, still in disbelief of his own words.

“I still don’t think I understand why I’m the way I am” he said still with a sad tone.

It really did break my heart. I exchanged a look with Dean and saw he was staring at me with my pain in his eyes. “That’s my fault. I…”

“No, it isn’t” Dean interrupted as he sat down as well. “Jesse, it’s hard to explain but…this is a demon’s fault…shocker, I know”

I noticed how Jesse cracked a smile at Dean’s sarcastic remark…it made me smile a little. “But you aren’t alone” he added and nodded his head at me. Jesse looked at me. “Are you like me, then?” he asked.

“I am” I nodded. “You’re just stronger than I am. No way can I do what you do, Jesse…and in a way, you saved us from that demon, so to me? You’re a superhero” I told him, letting him milk up the good feeling I saw he was feeling by looking into his eyes. He looked at Dean…and then back at me.

Then, without anymore words…it was almost like we were reading each others minds when we stood and walked back into the living room to Sam and Brit. “We all good?” Brit asked.

The three of us nodded. “So, what now?” Jesse asked.

Dean looked over at Sam and Brittney, twitched his eyes toward me and then looked back at Jesse. “Now we take you someplace safe, get you trained up. You'd be handy in a fight, kid”

“What if I don't want to fight?”

Brittney went to kneel down in front of him. “Jesse…you're powerful. More powerful than…pretty much anything we've ever seen. That makes you…”

“A freak”

“To some people, maybe” Sam said as Brit stood to her feet.

“But not to us. I used to think the same way…I still think I’m a freak…but, see it’s because everyone’s a freak in their own way…God knows they have their freak moments” I tried to lighten up the mood…make it easier for him…I don’t think it worked.

“I can't stay here, can I?” he asked but it was more of an assumption.

“No. The demons know where you are, and more will be coming” Dean said but there was something off about the way he said it.

“I know I just found out you guys are my real parents…but I won't go without my mom and dad”

“It’s completely understandable…they raised you. They’ve been your family your whole life” I said, gently.

“And there's nothing more important than family. We get that. And if you really want to take them with you, we'll back your play” Sam said.

“But you got to understand…it's gonna be dangerous for them, too” Brit added.

“What do you mean?”

“Our dad...the would take us with him wherever he went…” Dean said.

“Where is he now?”

“Dead. A demon killed him” Sam answered. “A demon killed all of our families” Brit said.

Dean bent down to Jesse’s level to meet his eyes…and to see their eyes connecting…looking so much alike…it was weird. “Look, Jesse…once you're in this fight…you're in it till the end, win or lose”

“What should I do?”

“We can't tell you. It's your choice. It's not fair. I know” Sam said.

We all stared at him as he stared back at us. His eyes met mine. “I need to talk to you again” he said and grabbed my hand.

I felt a slight shock between us…and I think he felt it too because he let go of my hand right away. I just followed him back into the kitchen. “I don’t know what to do…what do you think I should do?” he asked me.

I sighed and he sat on the floor. I smiled lightly and sat on the floor as well, in front of him. I felt eyes watching us. I glanced over my shoulder at the others and saw them staring but then Dean walked toward us and shut the door to give us our privacy. I looked back at Jesse.

“What do you want to do, Jesse?” I asked. He was silent for a moment. “They cant hear us, can they?” he asked.

“No. Only you and I are able to hear voices in other room, clearly” I told him.

He nodded. “I don’t want to be part of the fight” he told me. “And I don’t want you to, either sweetie…that’s why I have a plan if you’re up for it” I said. He nodded.

~~~~

I walked back into the living room to Dean, Sam and Brit. “He just wanted to say goodbye to his parents” I said and Sam and Brittney nodded…but Dean eyed me.

Brit and Sam glanced between us and then walked away to the far corner of the room. “So…we should probably talk about all of this…” he said. “We don’t have to” I told him.

“But we should…I mean…that would be the responsible thing to do”

“Oh yea, I would definitely pin you for being the responsible type”

“Well, I got a kid now” he said, head held high

“And that makes you responsible”

“Damn right, it does” he grinned and I actually laughed.

Then, I just stared into his eyes as he stared into mine. “Hey, guys…Jesse’s been up there for a while” Brit spoke.

I poked my head around the corner to look up the stairs and then we all quietly got upstairs and found Jesse’s room, we walked in and no one was there. There was a note on the bed though.

“He's gone” Cas said as he came walking in. “Where?” Sam asked.

“I don't know. Jesse put everyone in town back to normal…the ones still alive. Then he vanished”

Then, Brit picked up the note. “What does it say?” Dean asked. “That he had to leave to keep his parents safe, that he loves them, and he's sorry” Brit said.

“How do we find him?” Sam asked. “With the boy's powers, we can't. Not unless he wants to be found” Cas said and we all just exchanged a look.

As we started to pile out of the room, I looked around once more…and my eyes landed on a big poster on the wall. It said Australia on it and I smiled lightly. Good boy.

~~~

I laid on the bed of my truck as I stared up at the stars with my hands in my pockets. I heard footsteps and I felt the truck move slightly but I didn’t break into battle mode because I knew it was Dean. He laid down beside me, just staring up at the sky in silence. I felt his eyes continue to glance at me but I just kept staring up. I finally turned my head and looked back at him.

“Mel…I’m sorry…about today…”

“Don’t be” I shook my head. “It felt good to start up a fight with you on purpose. I forgot how much fun it is” I joked and he glared playfully at me.

“Jesse’s a really good kid…”

“He really is…I’m glad we met him…but at the same time, I wish we never did…I think we ruined his life by telling him all of that”

“I agree…do you think he’ll be okay?”

“I know he will be. He’s a Stern-Winchester…”

“And you have a plan up your sleeve don’t you” I just smirked and stared back up at the stars. “Mellissa…”

“He’ll be fine…I have it taken care of” I told him and looked back at him as my smirk disappeared.

“I want to be a part of it. You have to stop shutting me out of stuff like this”

“Why? It’s not like we’re a real couple or anything…” I started and I saw some pain flash across his eyes.

“Well, who’s idea is that? Because it’s not mine” he snapped.

I just stared at him as I saw his pain. “Look…okay, I’m sorry…it’s just…I don’t know. Can you handle being a part of something like this?”

“Yea…do you think I can’t handle it?”

“I really don’t know, Dean” I sighed.

“Well…can you handle whatever you’re doing? Alone?”

I was silent for a moment. “I don’t know”

“Then just let me in on the master plan”

“Fine…I’ll let you in on it in three days”

“Three days? Why three days?”

“Because that’s when the plan is going to be put into motion” I said and he just nodded, slowly. He knew to just leave it at that…he knew he was lucky enough to get that much information out of me.

“Was I…was I there?…the day he was born?” he asked.

I nodded. “You were…”

“Can you explain to me how it happened…what happened…you know…?” he asked and I could tell he was struggling to find the right way to phrase it.

“Well…you were at my side the whole time…and when I told you I had given Jesse up for adoption, you freaked on me. It was a huge fight. You wanted to keep him…more than anything” I said, lightly.

“I remember the day he was born…all I could think about was how he had your eyes” I laughed under my breath.

He smiled for a second. “I wish I really was there” he said and I gave him a weird look. “Well, mentally. Maybe physically, I was really there…but I cant remember it…” he said and I saw how he was really disappointed and upset.

“Maybe…I can get you to remember it” I said, slowly.

This time, he looked at me weirdly. I faced him on my side as he was already doing the same and I got closer to him as he wrapped his arms around me. I played with some of his hair and then put his face in my hands and kissed him…it was passionate…it was sexy…it was loving. I felt sparks…almost literally.

We pulled away, he just stared into my eyes as we were both breathless. “When did you learn how to do that?” he asked me.

“I don’t know…I just did” I breathed out, smiling a little as I mimicked Jesse. “You had a tight grip” he breathed out as a laugh.

I smiled as he remembered me gripping his hand for dear life when I was in labor. “I’m sorry I was so hard on you in that fight” he said genuinely and sarcastically as he put his forehead against mine.

“I forgive you” I said, sarcastically.

I kissed him once more before we both turned back on our backs and he kept his arms around me.

“You know, I'm starting to get why parents lie to their kids. You want them to believe that the worst thing out there is mixing Pop Rocks and Coke…protect them from the real evil. You want them going to bed feeling safe. If that means lying to them, so be it. The more I think about it...the more I wish Dad had lied to me and Sammy”

I looked at him. “Yeah…I wish he lied to you guys too” I murmured, caressing his face.

He turned his head to look back at me. “I also wish you and Brit didn’t have to go through this”

“I know…me too” I said and felt myself start to get choked up.

“Are you okay?” he asked even though he knew what the answer was…but I felt him expecting me to reply with the usual ‘I’m fine’.

“No…I’m not” I said and just wrapped my arms around him as I stared back up at the stars. I tear slid down my face as we just laid there in silence and he hugged me closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me wut u think! comments?
i hope u all had a wonderful christmas and happy holidays to all of you ;)

<<333