‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Off Duty...Supposedly

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Three Days Later:

“Okay…and you’re sure about this?” I asked.

I was on the phone with half of my body in my truck and half of my body outside, standing on the step, so I was leaning my arms on the seat. I looked up over the steering wheel to make sure no one was coming out of the motel, then I went back down and played with some string in the seat.

“Yes, Melissa. Don’t worry about it, it’ll all be taken care of…”

“Because you know you can say no. I know why you left, you had your reasons…”

“Yes, I did. But, God knows I owe you for countless times saving my ass, plus I miss you…it’s been too long…” she murmured.

“I know…I miss you too…” I murmured back.

“So stop worrying about it and get your ass here”

“Okay, okay, I’ll be there in a few hours” I laughed a little.

“Kay, see ya in a bit”

“Kay” I replied and hung up.

“Who was that?” a voice asked.

I jumped slightly, hitting my head on the top of the truck and I fell back into a pair of arms. I saw it was Dean. He was smirking. I just glared at him and got him to set me down on my feet.

“No one” I replied, shutting the door and leaning my back against it.

“Well, I’m sure I’ll find out soon because it’s day three, sweetheart”

We had a little stare down. “Yea, whatever” I sighed, looking away.

“So we hitting the road, then?” he asked. “Yea…lets just go tell Sam and Brit” I said and we walked back into the room…to see Sam and Brit making out on the bed.

“Oh, ew, get a different room” I said with a disgusted look. “Dude, seriously? On our bed?” Dean asked, just as incredulous. “Well, not our bed anymore” I made a face.

Sam and Brit just laughed at us as Brit rolled off Sam but he kept his arm around her as they laid on their sides, staring at us. Dean went to get his stuff while I crossed my arms, smiling at the two.

“Hey, the passed couple days have been pretty crazy so…I was thinking maybe while you two do your own thing for the day, Dean and I will go do our own thing and then tomorrow, we can mix it up a little, Sam and I will hang out while Dean and Brit hang out” I said, addressing all of them.

They all looked at me strangely. “I think…it’s a great idea” Brit voiced as she stood and got to my side.

Sam stood to his feet as well as him and Dean stood side by side. “It’ll give us all the chance to…reconnect with each other” she added.

The boys exchanged a look with one another, shrugged and then looked back at us. “Okay” they both agreed.

“Excellent…now…” I started, walking over to Dean’s bag. “Dean and I are going to go on a small field trip, be back in a few hours, bye” I said, really fast as I dragged Dean out of the motel room, carrying his bag.

He got his bag from me and walked around to the passenger side of the truck he got in and tossed his bag into the back as I got in my seat, started up the truck and headed onto the road. I put my left foot up on the seat as I kept my right foot on the gas and I leaned on the arm rest as I kept one hand still on the steering wheel.

“So, you gonna tell me where we’re going?” he asked.

“I could tell you…but then I’d have to kill you, of course”

“Oh, of course…ya know, you have some explaining to do”

“Okay Ricky Ricardo” I rolled my eyes. “Here, put some music in” I said, reaching back and grabbing the box of tapes. I tossed it onto his lap.

“Can you at least tell me who you were on the phone with?” he asked, putting in the tape.

“What? Sorry, cant hear you” I said, putting the music louder. He huffed out and just sat in his spot. I smirked at the thought of having more control over Dean than I thought. “Come on, sing with me” I said, nudging his arm slightly.

Home in the darkness
Home on the highway
Home isn't my way
Home will never be


I saw he was just smiling at me in amusement. “Come on” I said again, shaking his arm. He laughed and nodded as he joined in.

Burn out the day
Burn out the night
I can't see no reason to put up a fight
I'm living for giving the devil his due

And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you
I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you


I grinned as we continued singing the song. When it ended, it switched to another song on the tape, this time it was Metalica. Dean lowered it a little. “Ya know, you’re a different person…you’re not this bitter, bitch…well, you’re not as bad…”

“Wow, thanks, you’re not so bad yourself” I rolled my eyes at him.

“You know what I mean…what do you think happened?”

“Well…what do you think happened to you? I mean, don’t get me wrong, you’re still a dickhead” I mocked a little and winked at him.

He chuckled. “Well…a lot of things happened…”

I happened” I teased.

“Whatever”

“Yea…whatever right back at ya” I replied.

I knew he knew what I meant by it…just like I knew what he meant by it. I glanced at him and saw he stared out the window and then looked at me and I held his eyes while he held mine.

“Are you two going to kiss now? Pleae tell me so I can go somewhere else” a third voice said.

I jumped slightly and turned in my seat and saw it was Jesse in the backseat. “Jesse!” Dean and I both voiced. “Mel!” Dean said as he turned back around.

So did I and I saw we were going head on with a truck. I swerved back into our lane and avoided colliding with another car. I took a deep breath as I had control again. “Jesse, I thought we agreed to wait until sundown”

“So, this is part of the master plan, then” Dean assumed. I just nodded.

“I didn’t want to wait anymore” Jesse said.

“He has your impatience” Dean said.

“Yea, okay. You’re just as impatient as I am…hey Jesse, how was Australia?”

“You knew where he went?”

“Of course I did” I replied and winked at Jesse in the rearview mirror.

He smiled. “It was fun. I stayed with a family there, they were really nice. I learned how to surf”

“Sounds cool, bud” Dean said and I saw how he was turned around in his seat to face Jesse.

“It was…I’m kind of hungry now though”

“Yea, so am I…Mel?” Dean asked.

“We really shouldn’t stop…” I said but they were both staring me down with looks I just couldn’t resist. “Okay, we’ll go to the next drive through we see” I agreed and I saw how they were satisfied with themselves.

I smiled to myself, shaking my head. Jesse was only back with us for two minutes and he already has me wrapped around his finger…and him and Dean share the same mind so it doesn’t make anything any easier.

While driving, Dean and Jesse just talked, getting to know each other…I voiced my opinion here and there but it was mostly just them talking…and for a split second, I felt some kind of normality in my life. I liked the thought of me and Dean just on the road with our kid in the backseat…is that so bad? That I want to just have a normal life with Dean…Dean and Jesse? I don’t think it’s a bad thought…I just think it’s a stupid one. Everyone knows I could never have a normal life…neither could Dean…it’s just not in the cards for us. But, Jesse could still have that. Nothing is set in stone for him yet. He still has a chance…and I’ll do anything to let him keep his innocence…what he has left of it anyway.

We went through a drive through and we all got some tacos and hit the road right away. We were on an empty road while Dean was explaining the whole angel/demon thing to Jesse. After a while, when Dean had finished informing him with everything he should know, I could tell Dean was getting restless as I saw Jesse was getting a little tired.

“So, why can’t we stop and eat real diner food again?” Dean asked for the millionth time.

I sighed. “What’s wrong, didn’t like your taco?” I teased, changing my tone.

“Sure I did. Just not filling enough”

“We cant stop because we cant exactly know whos possessed and who isn’t, Dean. If someones possessed and they see us with Jesse, they’ll know he’s back and follow us to get to him” I explained…again.

“But, when we do get Jesse to…wherever we’re going…don’t you think demons will find out somehow…like they always do…and hunt Jesse down? We cant keep showing up to his rescue and relocate him all the time and he cant just stay inside the rest of his life so demons don’t find him”

I know, Dean. Don’t you think I have a better plan than that one?” I smirked, looking at him.

“Wow, you actually do have an elaborate plan. Way to go, Bonnie” he joked.

“Well, I am the smarter one out of the two of us, Clide” I joked back.

“Hey, Bonnie, Clide…” Jesse voiced. “I think we’re being followed” he added.

We all turned around and saw a truck speeding to catch up to us, I could see a driver and the passenger and I saw they both had pure, black eyes. “Okay, guys, hang onto something” I instructed as I floored it.

The demons were catching up though…and soon enough they were right next to us. I yelped…and then I saw they pulled out some guns. “Jesse, get down!” I ordered.

Shots started to be fired as Dean and I slouched down in out seats and I was still trying to steer the damn truck and keep it on the road. Dean got out his gun and he got mine out as well and he started to fire back at the demons when I swerved the truck into them to try and throw them off…it didn’t work…they just did it back. Then, I slammed my foot down on the break and sat back up in my seat. I threw the truck into a higher gear and floored it again. I slammed the truck into the demons at the perfect angel and they started to spin out as their truck caught fire. I grinned as I kept driving and their truck exploded.

“Nice driving, McQueen” Dean commented.

“Look out!” Jesse yelled, before I could respond.

We all looked to our right and saw an 18 wheeler heading our way. I cringed as I slammed down on the break but then I saw the truck got thrown in the opposite direction. I looked back at Jesse and he nodded at me, letting me know he was the one who did that. I stepped on the gas again and sped off.

Once we were a good distance away, I relaxed a little. “Well…I guess we can assume that demons are after us” Dean said.

“Well, when are they not after us?” I questioned.

“Do you think they know you have me?” Jesse asked.

“No, there’s no way they can know for sure, they didn’t see your face, did they?”

“No, I don’t think so”

“Then, that’s a good thing. It means Jesse’s still in the clear and as far as they know, he’s still gone…but why would they just randomly come after us like that?” Dean asked.

“Well, we are supposed to be Michael’s weapon and vessel…and to demons, that doesn’t exactly make them big fans of ours”

“And they know we’re stronger when we’re with Sam and Brit so they’re attacking now…”

“Divide and conquer” I nodded.

“Do you think Sam and Brit are okay?”

“Yea, the angels encourage it to happen and the demons want it, obviously, I think they’re fine for now”

“But, how are you going to explain to the demons how the truck flew on its own and still keep me a secret?” Jesse asked.

“First of all, Champ, we don’t explain anything to demons, they explain to us” Dean informed him and they both shared an arrogant smile even though I could see in the rearview mirror that Jesse had a worried expression on his face.

“And secondly, we can just say that I was the one who did it, I’ve moved stuff with my mind before, it isn’t that unbelievable…”

“But, doesn’t that mean if the demons and angels found out about it then the demons and angels would want to hurt you more?” he asked, deeply concerned.

He was definitely a smart boy. “You don’t have to worry about a thing, Jesse, I promise you we wont let anything bad happen to you…just try to enjoy the little road trip”

“But it isn’t me that I’m worried about” he said, sitting forward in between Dean and I. The two of us exchanged a look and then looked at Jesse.

“Just…try not to use your powers so much, okay, Jesse?” But, before he could respond, we were rammed from behind. “God damn it” I cursed as I saw it was the 18 wheeler truck

It rammed us again and we started to spin out of control. Dean was yelling like a little girl while Jesse was staying low and trying to keep himself stable. I focused on my senses and my eyes became sharper as I saw our way out of the situation. I let go of the break and floored it as I steered us right into the woods, flying down the hill. I tried to break but the truck couldn’t stop now. The leaves and the wet ground made friction impossible. When I realized this…I started to scream along with Dean…and Jesse started to scream as well. We all stopped screaming when we saw we were heading straight into a lake.

“We have to jump out” I told them.

Dean flew his body around the seat to grab Jesse in his arms, but before we could open the doors, Jesse grabbed my hand and in the blink of an eye, the three of us were standing in front of the lake right as my truck went flying passed us, into the lake and it caused a big wave to rise over our heads and splash us.

We all stood there, soaking wet as I felt them exchanged looks and I just stared at the lake. “My truck!” I exclaimed.

“Hey, do you think you can somehow roll the truck out somehow?” I heard Dean ask Jesse.

Then, we all saw my truck come rolling, backwards out of the lake…it had gook and some kind of mossy stuff all over it, in the tires, on the windshield, on the doors, I saw the seats were soaked and they were turning a different color…it was just completely trashed and my heart was cracking.

“My baby” I pouted. But, then I heard footsteps in the woods. “Okay…I have another idea”

“Wow, you’re just full of those today” Dean commented.

~~~

So, we pushed my truck to a spot, in front of a tree and put branches on it to make it look like it crashed, we got my bike out and it was still in tact because the tarp that was tied to it with ropes had kept it dry, thank God. Dean gave Jesse his helmet as I threw mine on and it was wet on the inside and smelt like crap but it was better than nothing. I let Dean drive as I was on the back, keeping Jesse steady in the middle of us as I just directed Dean where to go. Fortunately, we were almost there. This was just getting ridiculous, now.

After a while, we passed a sign that said ‘Welcome to Canada’. “We’re in Canada?” Dean asked. “We’re in Canada” I confirmed.

After about ten more minutes, I told Dean where to go and we pulled up in front of a house and he put the kickstand down. “Riding on a motorcycle is too cool” Jesse grinned as he got off and took off his helmet.

“If it’s okay with Melissa, I promise to take you on it again before we leave” Dean said.

“Lets just get you settled in, first” I smiled.

There were other houses around with other families and people everywhere, walking around so I was hoping it would be easy just for Jesse to fit in. “Come on” I said as I took Jesse’s hand and led him up the pathway to the porch of the house as Dean followed.

I shivered a little as I knocked on the door. “Mel, I still don’t know who…” Dean started but then the door opened.

“Melissa!” a voice squealed as I was engulfed in a hug. “Hey, Abbey” I laughed. “Ew, you’re all wet and you stink, it’s freezing outside, come in” she said and ushered all of us inside.

“Abbey, this is Jesse…” I introduced. “It’s nice to meet you, Jesse” she smiled, shaking his hand.

He didn’t seem to know how to respond but I could see he felt like they were family. “And Abbey, you remember Dean…”

“Ahh, the infamous Dean Winchester…it’s good to see you again, Dean”

“Do I know you?”

“Dean…this is Abbey…my sister” I said.

He did a double take…looking from her to me, back to her. “Sister? You have another sister? What?…but, how…”

“She’s my step sister…it’s why shes even still alive…she kind of just stumbled onto our doorstep”

“I was an orphan…the Sterns took me in…I moved to Canada when I turned 19...that’s the short version anyway” I saw how Dean was still a little dumbfounded. “Here, I’ll get us some coffee and you can go show Jesse his room, it’s all set” she suggested and I nodded.

Jesse followed me upstairs and I led him down the hallway and to a room on the right. There were two dressers, a bed, a TV on one of the dressers and there was a desk with a computer on top of it…it was a pretty nice room…except for the rocket ship boarding and wallpaper.

“This isn’t that bad” I commented as I looked around the room.

“Yea…if I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up” he said, picking up a rocket ship alarm clock.

I laughed under my breath. “I’ll talk to Abbey about redecorating” I promised.

He looked around. “You can tell her I like the TV” he said and I laughed out loud. “I will” I said and sat down on the bed.

“So, do I have to call her aunt Abbey since shes your sister?”

“Nope. You can call her whatever you want, just like you call me Melissa” I told him and it looked like he was thinking about something. “Jesse…you feel comfortable here right? I don’t want to leave if you feel uncomfortable”

“No, no…I like it here. There are other kids around and I like Abbey. She seems nice…”

“She is. And she doesn’t work either so that’s a plus right? Since your other parents worked all the time”

“Yea, that’s a plus…”

“But?”

“I just wish I had more time to spend with you and Dean”

“I do too, little man…it’s just, right now isn’t a good time…”

Will there be a good time?”

I just stared at him at first with sad eyes. I didn’t want to lie to him…I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it past the apocalypse with Dean…so do I tell him that? “Umm…I…” I started but then I felt a strong presence coming...
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333