‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Off Duty...Supposedly Part 2

“I finished my work, the house is covered in sigils that hides it from any strong being” Cas said as he came walking in.

“Hey, it’s the guy that tried to kill me” Jesse glared at him and made him freeze in his spot.

“Umm yes it is…but he’s actually a really good friend of mine”

Then, Dean walked in. “Whoa, hey there, Cas” he said and gave us a weird look.

“He wont hurt you, I promise. He’s helping. You can unfreeze him” I told him and he was hesitant but he did it anyway.

Cas stumbled a little. “As I was saying…I just have one more thing to do” he said and placed a hand on Jesse’s chest.

He cringed a little and grunted. “Ow! What was that!” he complained.

“Now, you’re hidden from all angels except me”

“How?” Dean asked.

“I didn’t know how to do it at first, when I branded you two, Sam and Brittney but I created a way to brand the boy…”

“My name’s Jesse” he snapped at Cas.

I smirked and Dean snickered a little. “Umm I created a way to brand Jesse so I can come freely and check up on him to make sure he is okay”

“So, he was in on this plan and I wasn’t?” Dean asked.

“I needed his help…and the less people that know, the better, that’s why I wasn’t even going to tell you” I told him.

“I made smores, they’re downstairs for anyone who wants” Abbey said as she came up to us. “I love smores” Jesse said as he shot his feet.

“That’s excellent! So do I” she smiled.

“What’s a smore? Is it safe for Jesse?” Cas asked.

Jesse and Abbey gave him a strange look as Dean and I just shook our heads at him. “Come on, angel boy, let me enlighten you” Abbey said and dragged Cas downstairs as Jesse followed.

“We don’t have to leave right away, right?” Dean asked me.

“Not if you don’t want to…but we shouldn’t stay too long”

He nodded. “I just…I need more time with Jesse” he said.

I anaylized him and saw his vulnerability was showing. “Okay…we’ll stay for a few more hours…”

“Good…are you okay?”

“…I don’t know, yet” I said, honestly.

He nodded. “Come on, maybe a smore will cheer you up” he said as he took my hand and led me downstairs.

We got to the kitchen and Jesse and Abbey were trying not to laugh when Cas turned to face us. He had chocolate all over his face. “I…really like smores” he said.

I burst out laughing because his usual monotone voice just made it funny. Dean chuckled. “Okay, killer, leave some for us” Dean said as we walked over to the counter and grabbed some smores.

Rewind
Brittney’s POV


"...Dean and I are going to go on a small field trip, be back in a few hours, bye…” Mel said quickly as her and Dean rushed out of the room.

I was just a little suspicious of it but when Sam and I looked at each other and shrugged...we picked up where we started. I giggled excessively as he covered my body with his, nibbling at my neck as I felt him smirk on my skin. I started to laugh when he licked me. He pulled away and grinned as he looked down at me.

"I think we should go out on a date" he said.

"What?" I laughed.

"Dean and Melissa went on a date and out of everyone in the world, I’d say they are the two people least likely to go on a date"

"Well, Dean was dying when they went on that date..."

"So I have to be dying in order to get you to go out with me?" he asked, still smiling.

"Of course not...you really want to go on a date? Will it make you happy?” I asked him.

His eyes became even more gentle. “Yea…it will” he nodded. “Then, let's go on a date" I agreed.

"Really?"

"Really. But we're going to do it right, which means you need to give me time to get ready, give me two hours" I said, pushing him off to get my stuff.

"It’s going to take you two hours to get ready? I've seen you get ready in two minutes"

"Yea well, I don't try to impress monsters, tonight is about trying to impress you"

"But you don't need to. I'm never not impressed by you" he said, gettin closer to me.

"I know but still...as a girl, I have a duty to fulfill. I must dress to impress...if you hadn't notice, Mel doesn't exactly follow that rule and we are always hunting so I don't get the chance to do it often so...two hours" I said and kissed him once more before I went into the bathroom and hit the shower.

While I washed my hair, shaved my legs and then got out and dried off, I had a lot on my mind. Sam…has always had this angry side…and yes, I’ve known about it but he always hid it well so I never called him out on it…and obviously, lately hes been showing it more. So, I like to make him happy…and hold onto the moments where I hear him laugh or even see him smile…and if going out on a date will make him happy then so be it.

While I was still in the bathroom, I changed into my light red shirt that hugged my curves just right and I put on my skirt. Then, I started to straighten my hair and apply some makeup. After I made everything was absolutely perfect, I walked back out to Sam who was looking hot in his tux. He turned to look at me and grinned.

“You look…beautiful” he said.

“Thank you” I blushed.

He handed me a single rose. I smiled. “Ready to go?” he asked, offering his arm to him.

I hooked my arm around his and nodded. I set the rose down on the nightstand and we walked out to the Impala, he opened my door for me and we both got in. He drove us to some really fancy restaurant and we walked in.

“Reservations for Mr. and Mrs. Johanson” Sam told the host. He grabbed two menus. "Right this way" the host said and led us to a table.

Sam and I sat down, ordered and...I could say there was awkwardness between us since it was our first real date...and I could say our host turned into a supernatural creature and tried to eat us...but that wouldn't be true. Sam and I conversed with one another about anything and everything that came to mind...keeping anything and everything that was supernatural on the back burner. If we didn't have anything else to say about a topic, we sat in a comfortable silence...and it all just felt like we did it all the time...and that we would do it for the rest of our lives. Yea, it was the most amazing date I've ever had...but of course it just couldn't last long.

Once we had dessert, Sam paid the cashier and we walked out together. It was getting a little dark and I heard some screaming. I snapped my head in a direction and saw a woman being dragged down an alley. We both exchanged a look, I sighed and we raced in the direction. We turned the corner and I saw how the thing that dragged the woman down the alley was a vampire, trying to sink it's teeth into the woman’s neck. I ran, jumped and kicked the vamp off the lady. Sam quickly went to her aid as I got in my sparring stance. I was waiting for the thing to make a move...and then it lunged at me. I quickly moved to the right but it's teeth got a hold of my skirt and it ripped.

"Ugh! I liked this skirt" I grinded my teeth.

“Ah just the girl I wanted to see” the vamp started as it snarled its teeth at me. “I was told to give you a message” it said and I put a hand up to stop Sam from lunging at it.

“What message?” I narrowed my eyes.

“I’ve been told by a few fans of yours that you should tell Mel that her mommy says hi” it hissed.

I didn’t want to hear anymore. I threw a punch at it. Then Sam flew forward, pinned it down the ground, ripped out his knife and decapitated the bastard. I huffed as I spun around to go check on the woman. She was fine, just passed out. We threw the vamps body into the dumpster and just out the woman to the side and we waited around the corner until she woke up and when she did, we left.

"Well, it was fun while it lasted" I sighed as he wrapped his arm around me and I wrapped mine around him. "Who said it was over?" he questioned with a smirk.

~~~

"Seriously, Sam?" I questioned with a small smile as I saw he brought us to a carnival. "Come on" he grinned and we got out of the Impala and headed on through the gates.

We hit the games and he won a little stuffed animal for me which was so adorable. We saw a game where you had to use fake shotguns to knock down some pins. We smirked at each other and headed over to it…and we kicked ass. We went on some of the rides and when it got a little later, we got on the Ferris Wheel and as we rode to the top, I leaned into Sam.

“What do you think it meant by tell Mel her mom said hi…I know when it said fans it was talking about demons but does that mean…do you think Mel’s mom is in Hell?” I asked him.

He sighed. “I don’t know, Brit. I didn’t know her mom…I know what she did and maybe she deserves to be in Hell…but I don’t know why the vampire would tell us that anyway…”

I sighed. “I don’t know what to think anymore…it’s the end of the world, anything’s possible, I guess…”

I paused and just enjoyed the view…and I just memorized the way it felt to be this close to Sam. The warmth that overwhelmed me…the relaxed feeling inside me…the butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach…the ache that I felt in my chest.

“Ya know…I don’t think Mel and Dean will even believe that we came here. They don’t think we’re fun…we are plenty fun” I said.

He chuckled. “I completely agree” he said and then kissed the top of my head.

We were silent for a moment. “Sam…you know I’ll always love you, right?” I asked.

He shifted slightly which caused me to sit up straight and he was giving me a weird look. “Yea?…and I’ll always love you…where’s this coming from?”

“I don’t know…it’s just…you and I have the same dream…had the same dream…to live simple lives, get married for real and have a family…but we have to be reasonable…you and I can never do that”

“I know” he murmured. “It’s not our thing anymore” he added.

I nodded. “I just want to make sure we’re on the same page…”

“We are” he nodded.

I just stared at him at first…then I kissed him. You have no idea how badly I would give anything to live the rest of my life with Sam and make a family with him…but we both know we cant do that…we don’t even know how this apocalypse is going to go…we don’t know how it’s going to end…when it’s going to end…or if…we just don’t know…and we cant go into simple lives, not knowing.

My POV

It was starting to get a little dark and I looked at my watch to see it was 7:30...which meant I was time to go. I didn't know how to tell them all though. I sat on the couch, drinking my coffee while me, Dean, Abbey, Chris, Jesse and Castiel played Taboo. Chris and Abbey were a team, Jesse and Dean were a team and Cas and I were a team. Chris is Abbey's fiancé and he's the nicest guy ever. He knows about the whole hunting thing and Jesse really took a liking to him as well...and he was perfect for Abbey, which made me smile. Now, I was not one for board games or games like Taboo...and neither was Dean but Jesse convinced us both to play...and Dean and Jesse were hysterical to watch and they made an awesome team...Cas still didn't know what he was doing which made everything even more hilarious since he was very serious about not knowing how to play...so I guess you can tell we were kind of losing.

"This game is meaningless" Cas complained. I just chuckled. "Come on, man. You and Mel make a fantastic team" Dean said, sarcastically.

"Do you want more coffee?" Abbey asked me.

"Actually...we should be leaving" I said lightly and sadly.

"Aw you can't stay a little bit longer?" Jesse asked.

"Yea, a little bit longer?" Dean pouted slightly. I gave him a look. He sighed. "She’s right, Jesse, we should really get going..." he said and stood to his feet and we all did the same.

I gave Chris a hug. "It was nice to finally meet you" he chuckled.

"You too" I smiled. Then I hugged Abbey. "You’re sure your goin to be okay?" I whispered.

"We are going to be just fine. Just check in here and there so I can know you’re okay"

"Ill try" I promised and let go.

Dean shook Chris' hand and then Abbey pulled him into a hug. "I will go wait in the truck" Cas said and then he just disappeared.

I bent down to Jesse's level. "You be good, okay?"

He nodded. "Will I get to see you again?" he asked, looking at me and Dean as he bent down to his level as well, beside me. "Someday champ" he promised.

"But until then we're going to try and check in whenever we can...when it's more safe for all of us" I kissed his head and then I was about to stand up but he lunged into me, hugging me tight.

I held him close to me as I suddenly became overwhelmed by everything. I kissed his head and then stood up and he hugged Dean right away. I faced Abbey and Chris. "Thank you both so much..."

"Don’t mention it" Chris said. "Just be safe" Abbey added.

All I could do was nod because I felt a lump in my throat. Dean stood to his feet and with one more look at Jesse, we walked out.

We headed to the truck but Dean stopped me. "Give me the keys" he said. "I can drive, Dean" I said, stubbornly.

"Mel, you’re crying...give me the keys"

I lifted a hand to my cheek and felt the tears slide down slowly. I was crying. I handed him my keys and got in on the passenger side. He got in on the drivers side and we were silent for a moment. I felt a strong presence and Cas appeared in the backseat, eating another smore. Dean looked back too and Cas just stared at us.

"I really like smores" he said for the second time tonight.

I just laughed under my breath and turned back around in me seat. As Dean pulled out of the driveway, I saw Jesse watching us from the living room window. He looked really sad...then Abbey and Chris appeared behind him and he cracked a smile. So I smiled back at him and we disappeared into the distance.

"I will admit I was completely against this plan..." Cas started.

"Yea Cas, I heard you the first fifty times" I rolled my eyes.

"But now I think I know why you did it...so I can't blame you for wanting what was best for Jesse...I hope someday you both get what you want...what you deserve" he continued.

Dean and I exchanged a look and I turned my head to look at Cas...but he was gone. So I just sighed, slouched in my seat and fell asleep.

~~~~~

The truck shutting off is what woke me up. "We're back" Dean murmured to me. He handed me my keys and before I could get out he put his hand on my door Handel to stop me. I looked at him and he wiped the dry tear streaks on my face. Then he held my face in his hands and he kissed me. When we pulled away, I bit my lip and we both got out and headed into our room. Sam was on his laptop while Brit was reading a book.

"Hey guys" Brit greeted as she stood up and so did Sam.

"Hey" we both said, monotonously.

"We picked up some food for you both" she said, holding up a bag of food. "We weren't sure if you ate or not" Sam added.

Dean and I just nodded and then went over to the table and sat down across from each other. They came over and Brit sat beside me as Sam sat beside Dean. I felt them exchanging looks as they were analyzing Dean and I while we stayed silent and Dean pulled out a burger and placed it in front of me and he pulled out a burger for himself as well. We both kind of just stared at our food.

"So...how was your day?" Brit asked, looking at both of us.

We looked up at each other and I stared into his eyes as he stared into mine. "Fine" we both grunted.

"Nothing to report?" Sam questioned. "Nope" we both replied.

"How about you guys?" Dean asked. "Yea, how was your day?" I voiced, looking at them.

They exchanged a look. "Fine" they both said.

"Nothing to report?"

"Nope"

We just nodded and silence overcame us again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333