‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Queen of Secrets

“You know this is stupid, right?” Sam wondered. He was in the passenger seat of the truck while I was driving.

“Why? It is not stupid. We all need some time to just chill with each other…and I used to consider you my best friend, Sammy. But, I know that I’m not the only one who feels like we lost that connection a while ago…I’m just hoping I’m not the only one who wants it back…and Brittney feels the same way which is why she agreed to this plan. She wanted to reconnect her friendship with Dean…” I explained and I glanced at him to see he was giving me his sad puppy dog face.

I let out a deep breath and smiled at the road in front of us. “So…we are going to have fun today. Like best friends do…and ya know what? I’m such a good best friend, I’ll even let you pick the music” I smirked and tossed Brit’s CD case into his lap.

“Seriously?” he laughed. “Yep, you and Brit have same taste in music so I think I can deal. Pick something in there and turn it up, Sammy” I encouraged.

Brittney’s POV

“Brit…this is so stupid” Dean breathed out as we reached the top of a small hill.

I thought it would be good if we got some exercise in the fresh air so I did my research and found a nice little hiking spot where hikers go up a path to the top of a mountain and just chill out. We only started ten minutes ago and he's already complaining.

“It is not” I defended.

“Short Stuff, you know this is stupid”

“No, it is not. Taking a break to just enjoy the fresh air will be good for us. You and I have lost our connection that we used to have. I know you feel it and Mel feels the same way with Sam. We’ve all became distant with each other…and for obvious reasons but a day just hanging out…forgetting about all of it…it’ll just be good for us” I said, leaning a hand on a tree.

I let out a deep breath and smiled as I turned to face him. “So…we are going to have fun today on our day off just like any other best friends would. And ya know what? I’m such a good best friend, I’ll even buy you lunch if you make it to the top of this hill” I promised.

He huffed. “Fine. You’re on”

My POV

We got to a nearby diner and after we ordered our food came and we started to eat. I smiled at the little kids who were with their parents eating and at the little kids running into the arcade that was in the diner.

“So…yesterday…what did you and Dean do exactly?” he asked.

I looked up at him and stared at his eyes. I shrugged. “Nothing, really” He gave me a look. “Well, what did you and Brit do yesterday?” I countered.

He shifted in his seat. “See? You wont tell me, so why should I tell you? It’s a two way street, Sammy” I said and took a bite of my burger. He looked away. “Besides…it’s just one of those things where it’s better if not everyone knows”

“You mean me and Brit”

I gave him a sad, sympathetic look. “No, I don’t. Trust me, Sam, if I felt it was safe for…” I paused. “I would tell you guys” I said lightly.

“So you’re protecting somebody” he assumed and I nodded. He leaned forward. “Is it Jesse?” he whispered.

I gave him a hard stare as my jaw clenched. “You know I don’t know where he is” I said sternly but I sent him a message with my eyes.

He nodded and sat back. “Okay, okay. I get it” he said and I saw he understood what I was getting out. So the subject was left it alone…for now.

Then, I saw guy walk over to the jukebox and put on a song…it was Cant Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO. I smiled to myself and watched the guy go back over to a girl at a table. I saw Sam smirking at me.

“What?” I snapped.

“Nothing…nothing at all” he said and I rolled my eyes at him and threw a roll at him. He laughed.

“Shut up and eat your food” I said and he chuckled.

“I’m happy for you and Dean…even if you two aren’t an attached couple…” he said and I could tell he was mocking.

I just crossed my arms. But, I started to notice that something was bothering him. “What’s up, Sam?” I asked him.

“I don’t know…it’s Brittney. She says she’ll always love me and everything, but then she started to talk about how we had the same dream to just live normal lives, get married, have a family and that it’s not our thing anymore…I mean, yea I feel the same way but I just don’t know where it came from when she brought it up”

“Where were you guys when she brought it up?”

“On a Ferris wheel”

“Well, Brit does her best thinking when she’s moving at a slow pace…and she likes to make sure everything is clear between people. Maybe she just wanted to make sure you knew what she was thinking” I said and he nodded.

I started to smirk. “I know what will get your mind off of Brittney” I said a bit suggestively and I wiggled my eyebrows.

~~

“Faster, Sam! Go faster!” I exclaimed.

“I am!” he exclaimed back at me.

I was bouncing a little in my spot as I watched Sam play Pac Man. I was getting a little excited because he was flying by, level by level. I couldn’t remember the last time I played an arcade game, let alone Pac Man.

“Level 32!” he cheered.

I cheered as well and we pounded fists and he got back to playing. I smiled as I watched him grin like a little boy. It made me remember times Sammy and I just hung out and played games when I used to baby sit him when we were younger…and I was really happy that I got those memories back. But, the moment was interrupted when I heard a voice murmuring some kind of incantation…and I knew exactly what kind of incantation it was. I looked around at the noisy environment and Sam was still so into the game…but he noticed I suddenly became on edge. I started walking toward the back of the diner.

“Mel?” he called and followed me, quickly. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and I snuck back into the kitchen.

I turned a corner and saw some lady holding her palm out to some guy in an apron and I could see he wanted to yell out in pain but he was being silenced by the spell that this woman was putting on him.

“She’s a witch” I informed Sam.

The spell was familiar to me…and I knew exactly how to stop it. I started to murmur an incantation myself. The lady turned to look at us with wide eyes as the man dropped to his knees.

“What are you doing? Stop it. He cheated on me!” the lady shouted at me and started to repeat the incantation and try it on me but I put more anger into my words so instead of effecting me, it was effecting her.

She yelped in pain and fell to her knees. “Sam, go check on him” I said to him. He rushed to the guys side. “Honey, there are worse things than being cheated on…now quit the black magic and if I find out you’re using it again…and I will find out…then I’ll have to kill you” I threatened but my tone was light.

She just nodded and rushed out of the kitchen, doubled over a little. “He’ll be fine. Nothing a little therapy cant fix” Sam said to me.

I nodded. I felt he was starting to look at me a certain way. “Lets get out of here” I said before he could say…or ask…anything and we walked out the back way.

~~~

We got to a grassy clearing and I parked my truck on the field. I handed Sam a beer from he cooler as I grabbed one for myself and we got on the hood of the truck. We sat in silence for a few short minutes.

“So, were you going to tell any of us that you still do that witch hoo doo stuff or just keep it to yourself like always?” he asked.

“I don’t still do that witch hoo doo stuff. I just remembered a little bit…and it’s not like always” I defended and he gave me a look.

“Mel, you are the queen of secrets” I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my beer as I stared at the beautiful view in front of me.

“Whatever…I don’t use anything that I learned from the witchcraft stuff. It just comes in handy for when we run into witches like we just did…so you’re welcome” I raised my beer and just took another sip.

He chuckled under his breath, shaking his head. “So, is Jesse okay? He’s safe?” he asked me, lightly.

“Yea, he should be perfectly safe where he is…and after this whole end of the world thing, he’ll be safe when I’m gone…”

“What the hell are you talking about, Melissa?”

“Sam, you’ve heard Zachariah…I’m not going to make it past the battle…”

“But, that’s only if we say yes” he reminded me.

“I know…but I think it’s still inevitable. This war that we’re apart of…between Heaven and Hell…we’re in the middle of it and it’s going to come and bite us in the ass sooner or later…and I really think I’m not meant to make it…so I made sure Jesse would be safe if anything…”

“You have to stop talking like that…I cant talk to you when you’re talking like that” he said and I heard pain in his voice.

I looked at him and saw he was doing a real good job at fighting back his emotions. I smiled at him. “Sorry, Sammy” was all I said and looked back at the scenery.

Brittney’s POV

Dean had actually made it to the top and now he was actually sitting next to me on the ground as we stared at the beautiful scenery of open fields, other mountains and trees. “We don’t have time to do this anymore” he murmured.

“Do what?” I asked, looking at him.

He kept his eyes on the site in front of him. “Just sit and enjoy the view”

“I know” I murmured and looked back at it all. “I wish we could just stay here forever and not have to worry about anything” I said and I knew he knew what I meant by it.

“Yea…I wish you could stay here forever too…I wish you, Sam, Mel and me just grew up next door to one another. You and Sammy could have been really married by now…Mel and I could be raising Jesse like regular parents…I dream about it all the time” he sighed.

Then, he snapped his head at me. “You ever tell anyone that…”

“I know. I know. My new nickname will be Road Kill” I rolled my eyes. “I haven’t forgotten our pact” I smiled.

He smiled too. “Yea, me either”

Way back when we first became really close, we made a pact to each other that said we were free to talk about anything with each other and not have it be discussed or told to another soul. It’s how we vented to each other…actually it reminded me a lot about how Mel and I used to vent to one another.

“Do you ever feel like Mel’s hiding more secrets than she puts off?” he asked me.

“All the time” I answered, honestly. “Do you ever feel like Sammy is faking the way he’s really feeling more than ever?” I countered.

“All the time” he replied. We both sighed. “Okay, come on. Lunch is on me” I said and we both stood to our feet.

He slung his arm around my shoulders as we started to walk. “There isn’t a quicker way to get down, is there?” he asked. I just rolled my eyes at him.

~~~

We went through a drive thru and then headed back to the motel to gear up and head out. “So, what did you and Mel do yesterday?” I asked.

“Nothing…just a small road trip. That’s all”

“Okay, fine. Then I wont tell you what me and Sam did”

“Brit, I’m pretty sure I don’t want to know what you and Sam did” he said and I could hear him making a face with my back faceing him.

“Okay, fine” I sang. I waited a few seconds.

“I cant tell you a lot because I’m…protecting someone…and Mel and I both agreed it was best that the fewer people know the better”

“Is it Jesse?” I asked. He didn’t respond. “Okay…that’s all I wanted to know” I said, lightly.

“Well, now, what did you and Sam do yesterday?”

“Oh. Nothing. Just went out to dinner, went to a carnival, found out Mel’s mom might be a demon down under, rode a ferris wheel…” I said slow and quickly at the same time.

“Wait…what?” he asked as he got me to turn around and he was giving me a hard stare. I sighed.

My POV

Sam and I pulled up in front of the motel as it was getting just a little dark and I parked the truck. When he didn’t unbuckle his seatbelt right away and he stayed in his spot, I stopped moving and just stared at him.

“Sam…?” I spoke so he would look at me.

“Yesterday…when I took Brit out on a date…we ran into this vampire and from what he told us…we think your mom might be a demon in Hell” he said and anaylized me, waiting for me to say something.

But, I just grunted in response. “I wouldn’t be surprised” I shrugged.

You wouldn’t be surprised? So, if she just showed up randomly as a demon, you wouldn’t freak?”

“Nope. I’d kill that bitch in a heartbeat” I chuckled to myself. “If she’s in Hell, she deserves to be there. And if she’s an escaped demon then she has me to be afraid of” I told him and he seemed to be satisfied with my answer…happy with it even…and that’s what I was aiming for.

I was kind of just bullshitting that answer. I honestly don’t know what I would do if she showed up randomly as a demon…I’d like to think I would kill the bitch in a heatbeat…but I just don’t know. I think maybe I was losing my touch…but I couldn’t afford that so if putting up a front would help, then it’s what I was going to do.

We walked inside to see all of our bags packed. “Hey, how was your day with Dean?” I asked Brit as I saw that Dean was in the bathroom.

“It was fun. How about you?” she asked, kissing Sam’s cheek to greet him.

I glanced at him as he just smiled. “It went well. I think this has been our best plan yet” I grinned.

“I agree”

“You guys ready to hit the road?” Dean asked as he came out to us. “Yea, lets go” Sam said and carried his bag and Brit’s bag out the door as Brit followed.

I went for my bag but Dean picked it up before I could. “How was your day with Sam?” he asked me.

“It was great actually. He was really smiling and laughing with me…it brought back some really good memories” I said, lightly.

“Care to share?” he asked and smirked but I saw the timidness behind it.

I smiled and put his face in my hands, placing my lips on his, putting passion and fury into the kiss. We pulled away and I put my forehead against his. He squeased his eyes tight, holding onto the memories I shared with him.

“God” he grunted, throwing his head back and I saw tears form in his eyes that he wanted to hold in.

I caressed his cheek with one hand. I didn’t have to ask what brought this up. I knew already. He kissed me once more and then picked up his bag as well and we headed out. We departed from each other, so I got in the truck and he got in the Impala. Brit and I looked at each other and waited for the Impala to start up.

“Okay, you first” we both said at once. “Nuh uh. You go first. Give me every detail from yesterday and today” she said. “Fine” I agreed.

So, we hit the road and Brit and I explained to each other exactly how our days with the boys went. We couldn’t handel the secrets between us anymore and this plan wasn’t just for the boys but it was for us too…so we could try and clear the air and just tell each other everything to get some kind of sense of how it used to be…remembering how it used to be was the only way we knew how to stay sane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year's Eve to everybody!!!! I hope u all have a wondrful start to the new year!
These past few chapters have just been of the heros taking some time off to recollect themselves and just hang out...for the most part. i hope u like :)
comments?

<<333