‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Abandon All Hope

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Chuck had called us and told us it was really important for us to get to him as soon as possible...well at least we thought it was Chuck. It was actually Becky who called us so we would show up to this stupid Supernatural convention for Chucks books. People were dressed like us! And let me tell you that Brit and I were not too happy with the outcome. All the girls were dressed as sluts! We were not that bad. People were also dressed up as passed demons and monsters that we fought off which was even more stupid. But whatever. In the end there was actually a legit ghost haunting the place...or I should say three ghosts. So while all these nerds were off playing pretend, we had to kick some ghost ass...but of course it wasn't that simple because these two guys and girls got involved thinking it was part of the game. I had no idea why others would want to live our lives. It made no sense at all. But then when everything blew over, I found out why. It was because they felt like they were nothings...and they wanted to have the feeling of saving the world every day...and the feeling of having a brother and sister who would do anything for the other. It made me think about how Brit and I really did have each others backs...and how we had the guys backs and they had ours. We also found out the two guys and the two girls were friends with each other but the guys were gay and the girls were lesbians…and Chuck and Becky ended up together as a couple. She had to break the ‘hard news’ to Sam. I guess it’s all irrelevant but I just thought I would keep you updated with all the twists we run into.

But anyway, Sam reminded Chuck that we had guns so if we found out he was writing more books we would hunt him down. Then, Becky had some pretty interesting news. She told us how Bela and Aiden had given the Colt to a demon named Crowley, Lilith’s right hand man and Chuck had just happened to leave all of this out which got me pissed. But, we met up with Cas so he could help us track this guy down.

Now, I put him on speaker phone so Dean could hear him as he stood next to me, leaning on the Impala while Brit and Sam were just minding their own business, doing their own thing on the other side.

“The demon, Crowley, is making a deal. As we speak, it's…going down” Cas said. Dean and I exchanged a look. “Going down?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes.

“Right. Okay, Huggy Bear, just don't lose him” Dean said and we hung up. We formulated a plan and decided it was best to call up some old friends.

When night fell, the three of us hooked arms as we giggled and walked toward the big fancy gates…the plan was being put into motion. We were all wearing elegant evening dresses and I was a little cold but I shook off the feeling as I pressed the button on the intercom.

“Hello?”

“Hello. Umm our car kind of broke down and we need some help” I said.

“I'll be down in a minute”

I looked at Brit and Jo and we tried to contain our giggles and our snickers. It felt good for all of us to just be working a case together…I missed Jo so much. Three guys started to approach us and they opened the gates for us, letting us in. It seemed like they didnt recognize me and Brit...probably because we were in dresses.

“Evening, pretty ladies. Get yourselves on in here” one said. “We just need to make a call” Jo said.

“You don't need to call anyone, baby” another said. “We're the only help you're ever gonna need” the last added.

“You know what? I think we should wait by the car” Brit said. “Yea…good idea” I said and we all turned to leave.

But, then one of them grabbed my shoulder. “We said, get your ass in here” he hissed.

But, in one swift motion, I spun around, positioned his arm in a way where he couldn’t fight back. Then, Jo threw her leg up to kick him in the face. Then, Brit whipped out her knife and stabbed him. Before, the other two could attack us, Sam and Dean got to them first and stabbed them as well. We already knew they were demons.

"Idiots" I muttered at the dead demons.

“Nice work, girls” Dean complimented. “Thanks” we all replied and then headed toward the mansion.

We gave Jo some wire cutters so she could go around back and cut the power. When she did, we all went inside with Sam carrying the knife and Brit, Dean and I were carrying out shotguns and put our plan into action. I hit the wall with my shotgun so the demon we were looking for would hear us. He came around the corner and he was face-to-face with us.

“It's Crowley, right?” Sam asked.

“So…Mystery Inc finally found me. Took you long enough” he quipped.

He started to walk towards us but then he suddenly stopped short when he noticed something. He looked down. Damn. He flipped up the rug and saw the Devil’s Trap we made.

“Do you have any idea how much this rug cost?” he questioned as he looked back at us.

Then, out of nowhere we were all grabbed by three of his henchmen as they disarmed us. A really bulky one was containing me and Brit and Crowley held up the Colt. “This is it, right? This is what it's all about” he said and pointed the gun at Dean.

I felt my heart stop as I was anticipating him shooting Dean and I started to struggle more to be free but then my nervousness turned into confusion when he adjusted the gun and aimed it at one of the demon henchmen. He shot all three of them.

“We need to talk. Privately” he said and motioned for us to follow him into the other room. We did.

“What the hell is this?” Dean asked.

Crowley waved his hand and the door behind us slammed shut. “Do you know how deep I could have buried this thing? There's no reason you or anyone should know this even exists, except that I told you”

“You told us” Brit said, confused.

“Rumors, innuendo, sent out on the grapevine”

“Why? Why tell us anything?” Sam asked.

He aimed the gun at me this time and I felt Dean tense up beside me. “I want you to take this thing to Lucifer and empty it into his face”

“Okay…why would you want the devil dead?” I asked.

He put the gun back down. “It's called survival. Well, I forgot you four at best are functioning morons…”

“You're the functioning...moron…” Dean tried to snap at him but he just sounded like a moron. I rolled my eyes.

“Lucifer isn't a demon, remember? He's an angel. An angel famous for his hatred of humankind. To him, you're just filthy bags of pus. If that's the way he feels about you, what can he think about us?”

“But he created you” Brit said.

“To him, we're just servants. Cannon fodder. If Lucifer manages to exterminate humankind, we're next. So, help me, huh? Let's all go back to simpler, better times, back to when we could all follow our natures. I'm in sales, damn it! So what do you say if I give you this thing, and you go kill the devil?” he suggested and held out the Colt, handle first. We all exchanged a look and Crowley wiggled the gun, impatiently.

Sam hesitantly went for it and took it from him slowly. “Great…you wouldn't happen to know where the devil is, by chance, would you?”

“Thursday, birdies tell me, there's an appointment in Carthage, Missouri” he told us.

Sam glanced at us and Dean nodded as I just eyed Crowley. “Great” Sam said and then pointed the gun at Crowley’s head. He pulled the trigger…but it didn’t shoot.

“Oh, yeah, right, you'll probably need some more ammunition” Crowley said and went through his desk.

“Oh, uh, excuse me for asking, but aren't you kind of signing your own death warrant? I mean, what happens to you if we go up against the devil and lose?” Dean asked.

“Number one, he's going to wipe us all out anyway. Two, after you leave here, I go on an extended vacation to all points nowhere. And three, how about you don't miss, okay! Morons!” he snapped at us and threw a small pack at us.

I caught it and opened it, seeing the bullets for the colt. We all exchanged a look and when we looked up, Crowley was gone.

~~~~

We got to Bobby’s house and while Dean and Sam were in the library, at Bobby’s desk, I looked over at them and my eyes met Dean’s as I was standing in the kitchen with Brit and Jo at my sides and Ellen and Cas were sitting at the table. Dean and I held each others eyes for a very long moment and then I forced myself to look away as Brit, Jo and I were watching Ellen and Cas have shots while the three of us were drinking from beer bottles. Ellen downed her fifth shot glass and challenged Cas. But, Cas downed five shots like it was nothing and Ellen just stared at him. I started to smirk as Brit and Jo had amused grins on their faces.

“I think I'm starting to feel something” he said and I just chuckled under my breath.

While Brit stayed at the table with Ellen and Cas, Jo and I walked a few feet away and we leaned on the counter, side by side. I looked up at Dean again but he was talking to Sam about something. I didn’t feel like listening in though and I think Jo noticed I was staring cause I felt her eyes on me and I looked down to the floor when Dean looked up at me again.

“So…you and Dean…really serious huh” she assumed.

I looked up at her. “You could say that, I guess…” She gave me a look and waited for me to continue. “Well, we aren’t a couple…we still flirt with other people…”

“But, at the end of the day, it’s you and him, side by side…you love him” she assumed again.

I felt heat rush to my cheeks but I pushed it away. “I’ve never seen you blush over a guy before…you love him…you’ve never loved anyone besides Brittney, your dad, step-mom and Lindsey” she said.

I stared into her eyes. “And you and Ellen” I told her. She didn’t respond. I sighed internally. “I even love Sam…and Bobby of course…and I admit, I’d feel like something would be missing if we didn’t have Cas…” I smiled as I watched him do another shot and Ellen gave up with competing against him.

“It’s an improvement…I remember how you couldn’t love at all” she chuckled.

“Not true”

“Mel, you were all about just sex, no love…”

“Yea, yea whatever…” I muttered and she laughed. “He likes you too though. It’s just a matter of time he makes a move” I joked slightly but was mostly serious.

“Well, then it’ll give me the chance to get back at you” she said but I saw the way she said it. She was joking and it was playful. “Ouch” I laughed. She laughed too.

But, then I stared into her eyes again so she would look at me again. “I did love you, Jo. You, me and Brit were so close…girls were jealous of you because you were 'in' with me and Brit or whatever…”

“I know…and I felt the same way toward you and Brittney…we just had a falling out” she said, simply. “I wish we didn’t” I murmured. “Me too” she said, gently.

“After this…if we all survive this…” I started.

“We’re going to keep in touch” she promised.

I just nodded. “You have no idea what I found out recently” I said, shaking my head. “Or maybe you do. I wouldn’t know…” I shrugged.

“Well, you can tell me all about it when we’re done here” she said. I nodded again.

Then, I saw Dean stand to his feet and he started to walk over to us. “Hey” he said. “Hey” we both replied.

I saw his eyes twitch to Jo and back to me. “I’ll be over there” she said, smiled and walked over to Cas, Brit and Ellen.

I smiled lightly as I saw her and Brit engage in conversation right away. I looked at Dean. “So…I’m glad you and Jo are friends again”

“Yea, me too…”

Then, we kind of just awkwardly stood there. “Dangerous mission tomorrow. Guess it's time to eat, drink, and, you know, make merry” he said.

“Are you seriously giving me the last-night-on-earth speech?” I asked him with a smirk. “If I was, would that work?” he asked.

“You’re gonna make us both become socially awkward” I warned him. “Maybe I’m willing to risk it” he stepped closer to me.

“Sweetheart, if this is our last night on earth, I’m going to spend it with whatever self-respect I have left”

“Didn’t know you had any at all” he quipped but he just stared into my eyes and glanced down at my lips a few times.

“I have a little” I murmured. “Go try that speech on Jo though. Give her the opportunity to get back at me” I said. “Seriously?” he laughed.

“Yea. She may not show it but she likes you just like you like her”

He analyzed me…and I think maybe I saw some hurt or confusion in his eyes because he wanted me and not Jo…but maybe he just thinks he wants me so I’m giving him this opportunity to find out. He turned toward Jo and walked toward her.

Sam came over to me. “What’s going on?” he asked. “Nothing…” I shrugged.

“I mean…”

“I know what you mean” I said before he could finish.

I felt him give me a sad look as I took a sip of my beer. “Last night on earth, ya know…you should be saying what you need to say to Brittney” I said, keeping my head down.

“We already talked…and for now, no one knows it’s our last night so we’re hoping things go well…”

I gave him a look. “Sammy, when do things ever go well for us? It’s our last…” But, I stopped myself. I didn’t want to think about it again. “…you should know…” I started.

“No. You are not giving me that speech. No one here wants to be socially awkward” he said and I just laughed.

Then, I nodded and Brit came over to me. I looked up and stared into her eyes. But, then I saw Dean and Jo look over at me and then look away as Jo said something else to him.

“Everybody get in here! It's time for the lineup. Usual suspects in the corner” Bobby called to us from the library.

We all walked in to him and saw he was setting up a camera. “Oh come on, Bobby. Nobody wants their picture taken” Ellen spoke up. “Yea, seriously, Bobby” I said. “Hear, hear” Sam voiced.

“Shut up. You're drinking my beer” he said and then rolled his wheel chair over to us.

Brittney was at the opposite end of the line, in between Cas and Sam. Ellen got next to Sam, I got next to her, Dean got to my other side and Jo was at the end. I put a hand on Ellen’s back as she rested her hand on my shoulder and Dean wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me close as I wrapped my arm around his waist as well and then I saw how he put his other arm around Jo’s shoulders as she wrapped her arm around his waist. I looked behind Dean, at her and we twisted our arms around each others, holding on tight. Then, I looked up slightly to stare into Dean’s eyes as he stared into mine and I noticed we were all smiling.

“Anyway, I'm gonna need something to remember your sorry asses by” Bobby said as he got in the middle of all of us.

“Ha! Always good to have an optimist around” Ellen joked.

“Bobby's right. Tomorrow we hunt the devil. This is our last night on earth” Cas said.

Then, suddenly, I noticed all of our smiled vanished. I gripped onto Jo’s arm a little more as I felt Dean had his arm more firm around my waist. I glanced over at Brit and we shared a look. Then, we all looked at the camera and it flashed, taking our picture.

When we all departed to get some sleep for ‘the big day’ tomorrow, Sam, Dean, Brittney and I came face-to-face. “You know that you two coming is a terrible idea right?” I asked, addressing Brit and Sam.

“I already tried telling him this” Dean said and I could tell he agreed with me on this subject.

If it was just me and Dean going up against Satan, we lose the game pieces, no big deal, really, but if Brit and Sam showed up, we would pretty much just be handing him his vessel and his weapon. This plan was not smart at all…but then again, when have we ever done anything smart?

“If we’re gonna do this…” Brit started. “We’re doing this together” Sam finished.

I analyzed them both and saw they were dead set against letting me and Dean do it alone. “Okay” I sighed and nodded, giving up. We all just stared at one another.

Last night on Earth…if it was your last night on Earth, how would you want to spend it?

~~~

I agreed to leaving my truck at Bobby’s while Brit and I hitched a ride with the boys and Jo and Ellen drove behind us in Ellen’s truck with Cas in their backseat. Sam let me sit in the passenger seat as he sat in the back with Brit. We got into the city and it was pretty much deserted. We all had our cell phones out, with our arms out the windows, looking for a signal. We didn’t get anything. It was nice and spooky. We told Ellen and Jo to stay in that spot with Cas while we did a perimeter sweep. When we finished we got back to Jo and Ellen.

“Station’s empty” Dean said. “So is everything else” Jo said. “Have you seen Cas?” Ellen asked. “What do you mean? He was with you” Brit reminded.

“Nope. He went after the reapers”

“Reapers?” Dean questioned. “Where did he see the reapers?” I demanded. “Well, kind of everywhere” Jo answered.

Brit, Sam, Dean and I exchanged a look. “We’re in the right spot, though…Lucifer’s definitely close by” I murmured. “How do you know?” Jo asked.

“I don’t know…a demon instinct connection I guess” I said and just looked away from all of them.

I could feel it in me…the presence of Lucifer…it made me feel incredible sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333