‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Spirling Out of Control

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
I started to floor it as I was flying down the empty road in the truck. I was alone and I was going so fast, I almost felt the tires leave the road when I went over the small bumps. The adrenaline and the rush of going this fast made the emptiness and pain go away…it made me not think about Jo and Ellen. I’ve been doing this a lot more than usual, lately…just escaping to my truck to speed down an open road.

I got back to the motel and walked into the room and saw Sam, Dean and Brit all stare at me. “Where’ve you been? You kind of just walked out without any notice” Dean said, monotonously and I could tell he was resisting the urge to just start yelling at me.

“I went for a drive” I shrugged. “Well, the way you’ve been driving, lately, it’s more of a death sentence” Brit noted.

“So? You all really need to get off my case” I said and they all stared at me like I was crazy. “Speaking of case, didn’t you say we have one?” I asked Sam, making eye contact with him.

“Umm we’re working on it” he answered.

I nodded. They were all still staring at me. “Okay…well, I’m going out. Call me when you figure out something” I said and headed toward the door.

“No. You’re not driving anywhere” Dean said and lunged at me, tackling me down.

“Dean, get the hell off me!” I yelled at him as I struggled to get up.

He held a good grip on me as he sat on my back, straddling me. “I cant just let you walk out, knowing how dangerous you’re driving is” he said and I felt him take my keys out of my back pocket.

Then, I managed to lift my arm up and as I spun onto my back, I elbowed him in the stomach so he fell off to the side. I stood up. “Give me my keys back” I demanded. “No” he said sternly and stood up as well.

I grunted as I tackled him this time and we flew onto the bed that was behind him. We started to wrestle while Sam and Brit just watched. I took a swing at his face but he dodged it so I swung with my other fist and got him good. So, then he grabbed both of my fists and pinned me down onto my back but then I put both of my feet high up on the wall and kicked off, causing us both to flip backwards and onto the floor.

Neither of us moved though, we just groaned in pain and just laid there, breathing deeply. “Fine…” I breathed out. “I’m just going to go for a walk, then” I said and pushed myself up.

I felt them all watching me as I walked out. I quickly got to my truck, got my bike out onto the ground, stuck my spare key into the ignition and I noticed Dean came running out of the motel room but I sped off. I didn’t know how else to let off steam…and lately, I’ve had a lot of it bottled in. The thought of Ellen and Jo being gone killed me inside…I couldn’t handle it. I know Dean meant well by trying to keep me contained…but it just made me more angry and upset…because he cares. Jo and Ellen cared too…and look where that got them.

Dean’s POV

I grunted as I headed back inside to Brit and Sam, pulling out my cell phone. “She wont answer” Brit murmured. I ignored her and tried anyway. I tried once…twice…three times…every time I left a voicemail.

“I don’t know what to do with her. You know her better than I do, what do we do?” I asked, Brit, harshly.

“No, I don’t. Not anymore. You know her better, now…and you also know what to do. She’s you, Dean”

“She’s right, man. Mel is like your other half” Sam added.

I sighed and rubbed my face with one hand. “She needs space, then. She needs to cool off…” I said and looked at both of them. “I don’t care. I’m trying again” I said and tried calling Mel again.

I could tell Sam and Brit giving me looks but I didn’t care. At this very moment, Mel was suicidal, ready to just end her life even though she knows she would most likely be brought back…but I couldn’t let her do that. I don’t know what I would do with myself if she wasn’t here…she keeps me sane…I need her with me.

I walked out of the motel room as I got Mel’s voicemail again. “Mel…please just come back to the motel room…I know what you’re feeling…I’m your other half remember? I need you here…I cant be here without you here too…please just come back. I love you” I pleaded, whispering the last part as my voice cracked a little and I was trying to prevent myself from crying.

There was nothing else that I could do. I couldn’t make her come back because I didn’t even know where she was…I could only hope she gets my message to come back. I rubbed my face to make sure the tears in my eyes weren’t noticeable anymore and I walked back inside to Sam and Brit as I saw Sam was on the phone.

“Okay…what room is she in?…okay thank you” he said and hung up.

I stared at him, waiting for him to tell me what was going on as Brit was already out the door. “Mel’s in the hospital” was all Sam said as he sprinted out and I was frozen in my spot. Of course she is.

My POV

I was really fine. My arm was just hurting a little. This was unnecessary…but of course someone just had to call an ambulance and be the hero. I grabbed my phone and saw I had multiple messages. Two were from Brit, one was from Sam…the rest were from Dean. I deleted all of them…except for one from Dean. I don’t know what it was about that one message but I decided to listen to it.

Mel…please just come back to the motel room…I know what you’re feeling…I’m your other half remember? I need you here…I cant be here without you here too…please just come back. I love you

Listening to his vulnerable voice made me break. I felt terrible. I sighed and threw my head back.

I jumped though when the door to my room flew open and Dean came running in. His eyes met mine. “You scared the hell out of me, Melissa” he grunted and rushed to my side, kissing my head.

He kissed my lips and then put his forehead against mine as he stared into my eyes. Seconds later, Brit came running in, pushing Dean out of the way to get to me. She hugged me tight.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" she snapped.

"Okay, killer, back off a bit" Sam pulled her back. "What’s the damage chief?" he asked me.

"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine" I said and hid my arm under the blanket.

Dean noticed. He came to my side and saw my right arm was in a cast. "Melissa" he chided.

"Okay, so...I may have just lost control of my bike...but I'm fine!" I claimed. "Doesn’t even hurt" I added.

"Does this hurt?" he asked with a smirk and pressed down on a bruise that had formed on my shoulder.

"Ow! Yes!" I yelped and smacked his arm. "Can you guys please just get me out of here?" I asked.

"Yea, I'll go get a doctor to get you discharged" Sam said and walked out.

"You’re a freaking lunatic. Ya know that?" Dean snapped.

"It’ll be good for the case we'll be working" Brit said. We both just gave her a weird look.

~~~

“You were referred to me by a Dr. Babar in Chicago,” the doctor said.

We were at some psychiatric place for crazy people because a this guy that knew Sam and Dean was having a problem and he needed some help. Sam was posing as a guy named Alex as Dean was a guy named Eddie…two brothers from Van Halen…and I was being Jessica while Brit was being Lisa…two sisters from this band called The Veronicas.

“That’s right,” Sam nodded

“Isn’t there a children’s book about an elephant named Babar?” the doctor questioned.

“I don’t know…” Dean started.

“Look, I don’t have any elephant books but I think the doctor was a little in over his head with this one” I told him. “My brother and her sister here…they’re a little” Dean made circles with his finger.

“Okay fine, thank you, that’s really not necessary. Alex, Lisa, why don’t you both tell me how you’re feeling?”

“I’m fine” Sam said. “A little depressed, I guess” Brit murmured, acting all fidgety.

“Alright, Lisa… any idea why?”

“Probably because we started the apocalypse,” Sam replied and she nodded.

“The apocalypse?”

“Yeah” Brit sighed in a depressing way but I heard the fakeness in her tone.

“And you both think you two started it,” the doctor questioned and I saw he had an amused look.

“Well yeah. I mean…we killed this demon, Lilith…” Brit started. “And we accidentally freed Lucifer from Hell. So now he’s topside, and we’re trying to stop him,” Sam added.

“Who is exactly?” the doc asks.

“Us. Them. And this one angel,”

Dean and I played our part in rolling our eyes and just shaking our heads. “Oh, you mean like an angel on your shoulder,” the doc assumed.

“No, no. His name’s Castiel. He wears a trench coat,” Brit said.

“See what we mean, doc? I mean the two of them have been beating themselves up about this for months,” Dean said. “Yea…I mean, the apocalypse wasn’t their fault” I added.

“It’s not?” the doc asked.

“No. There was this other demon, Ruby. She had them both addicted to demon blood, and near the end they were practically chugging the stuff. Our brother and sister are not evil. They were just…high”

“So, could you fix them up so we could get back to traveling around the country and hunting monsters?” Dean finished with a smile. He just stared at all of us. I have to admit, telling the truth is not that hard when it’s kind of amusing.

~~~

So, our plan worked. Dr. Fuller had decided to keep us all under observation for a few days. We got…pretty thorough examinations…and then met back up with each other. “I cant believe you guys talked us into this” I muttered as we looked around at all of the crazy patients.

“Hey, it’s the least we could do” Brit said.

“Yea, Martin saved our Dad’s ass more times than we can count and he was close with your dad too” Sam said.

Everyone was close with my dad” I rolled my eyes.

“Point is. He’s a great hunter”

“Was” Dean corrected. “Until Albuquerque”

“Besides, I just figure it’s better we keep busy, that’s all,” Sam added. “Better than what?” I questioned. “Nothing,” he replied quickly.

I eyed him…and then I noticed Brit shifted in her spot. “Okay look. Last few weeks…we can all see that you’ve just been spiraling in a very bad direction…” he said. “But, it isn’t just you…you’ve both been worrying me…” he eyed me and Dean.

“Me too” Brit spoke up. “Oh come on, Sam, stop” Dean said.

“Yea, seriously. Look, just because we’re in the loony bin doesn’t give you the right to head shrink us”

“Mel…Dean…Ellen and Jo dying…” Brit started.

“I’m not talking about that” I snapped quietly. “Yeah, it was a frickin’ tragedy, but we’re not gonna wallow in it,” Dean said. About time he came to my side.

“Guys, you always do this,” Brit stressed. “You can’t just keep this crap in.” Sam added. “Watch me.” we both replied…my tone was a bit more venomous.

I took a few steps away and looked at a man, staring out the window as he sat at a small table. “That him?” I asked. “Yea, lets go” Dean said and we all headed over to him.

Dean cleared his throat so he would look up at us. He grinned. “Sam! Dean! Wow! Wow, you boys got big! You look good.”

“Thanks. You do too, Martin.” Sam smiled.

“And you must be Melissa. Melissa Stern. Big fan of your father…” I smiled politely.

“And Brittney. I’ve heard many good things about you too coming from Will. Thank you all for coming…” he said and gestured for us to sit down.

We all grabbed chairs and sat at the small table with him. “In the old days, I could’ve taken care of this thing with both hands tied behind my back,…but, well…now…”

“What do you think it is that we’re hunting?” I asked quickly.

“I don’t know yet…a ghost? Demon? Monster…animal, vegetable, mineral?” he joked. I have to admit, this guy did seem really crazy. “Hospital’s had five deaths in the last four months. Doctors keep calling it suicides. But they’re wrong.”

“So you’ve seen this thing?” Sam asked. He shook his head. “Has anyone seen this thing?” Brit asked.

“Well, a couple of patients have had glimpses, but it’s not a lot to go on”

“Are they reliable?” Dean asked. “Oh sure. Why wouldn’t they be?” Martin questioned.

I noticed Dean looked up so I did as well and there was this woman who was dancing by herself to a song she was humming. “Gee, I don’t know” Dean said, sarcastically.

“I know you kids think I’m a bag of loose screws…well, you wouldn’t be wrong. But I wouldn’t have called you unless there was something here. I can feel it in my gut”

“We believe you. Have you checked any of the bodies? Find signs of an attack?” Sam asked.

“Well, uh, no. I don’t go around d-dead bodies anymore”

“Alex? Eddie?…Lisa? Jessica?” Dr. Fuller walked up to us. “Well I’m glad to see you’re making friends. Why don’t you and Mr. Creasor join up for group? Please. Right this way” he suggested and we all stood up.

Dean and I started to follow Sam and Brit as they started to walk but Dr. Fuller stopped us. “Actually I’m going to be putting you two in the afternoon group”

“Huh? But, why?” I demanded.

“Well, to be frank, the relationship you all have with each other seems dangerously co-dependent. I think a little time apart will do you all good…”

We all just exchanged a look and shrugged kind of sadly. “Which is also why I’m sending you to a different part of the building for the moment…and you have this vibe about you that I think needs to be addressed” he looked at me.

“In other words, he can tell that you’re crazy just by looking at you” Dean murmured to me. I nudged him.

I started to get escorted away and I looked over my shoulder back at him and I saw his amused look disappeared. I just sighed and continued to walk. This bulky guy and I took the elevator up to the second floor and when the doors opened and there was this big sign hanging from the ceiling that said Specialist Floor. I just shook my head as the bulky guy led me into this ‘living room’ type area where the really crazy people were at.

“Dr. Cohen will be with you in a few minutes, Jessica” the bulky dude said to me, politely and then walked away.

I just sighed and sat down at a small table where there was a chess board with chess pieces already set up. Might as well play the part if I’m going to just be sitting here. I started to move pieces from both side and just play against myself. I admit, I chuckled to myself when I thought about me being here, playing chess with myself…it was only a matter of time….

“Checkmate” I sighed.

“Jessica?” a voice asked.

I looked up and saw this…hot…guy standing in front of me wearing a white doctor coat. “Who wants to know?” I countered.

“Elliot Cohen” he smiled at my remark. “Mind if I sit?” he gestured to the seat in front of me. “Please” I said and leaned back, crossing my arms.

He obliged and sat down. “So…you’re my shrink? Lucky me” I smirked.

“And you’re my paranoid schizophrenic, with a narcissistic personality disorder and religious psychosis…oh and with an anger issue"

“I do not have an anger issue”

“Then what kind of issue would you say you have? Cause I can tell that you believe you have tons of them”

“How would you know that?” I whispered.

“I can read people…” he started and I immediately thought of Dean.

“Okay, stop right there…I do not have an anger problem…I have no problem admitting that I have a trust problem and problems with letting people in…or any other kind of problem…but I certainly do not have an anger problem”

“Why so defensive?”

“Nuh uh. This is a two way street, I’ll answer your questions, if you answer mine” I negotiated. “Okay” he nodded, agreeing. “Ladies first” he said.

“What can you tell me about the recent suicides in here?” I asked.

“They were tragic…did you have a past experience with someone who had anger problems?”

“Yes, my aunt…but did you ever notice anything...strange? Like, I dunno, black smoke, sulfur...?”

“No, why? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Demon signs. I hunt demons. Monsters, that kind of thing”

“Why do you say you have trust issues?”

“Isn’t it self-explanatory?” I asked.

“Well, how do you think you have trust issues…and why do you have trouble letting people in?”

“I don’t know…people lie all the time, how can you know who to trust and who not to?…and people come and go…no use in letting them in if you’re just going to get hurt in the end…you ever feel any cold spots, or get a chill walking through the hospital?”

“Not that I can remember…if I had?”

“Means there’s a ghost around”

“How many hours a night do you sleep?”

“Three or four, every couple of nights”

“And how many drinks do you have a week?”

“Well, I have to sleep eventually so…somewhere in the mid forties. Have the patients reported seeing anything weird?”

“In here? All the time” he chuckled. “When was the last time you were in a long-term relationship?”

“Define long-term” I countered.

“More than two months” I hesitated. “I was watching you and Eddie when you were downstairs…you two seem to have a strong connection” he noted. I hesitated again.

“Okay, creeper” I said loosly. But, he didn’t respond, he just waited for me to continue. “Eddie and I…are complicated people…”

“You don’t seem that complicated…you don’t even seem that crazy…”

“Well, that’s because you don’t know me. I’m loads of crazy”

“I beg to differ…but lets talk more about Eddie…and your relationship with Lisa and Alex…and your relationship with your parents…” I suddenly became overwhelmed as I tensed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333