‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

A Blast From the Past Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Screaming…and a lot of blood…that’s what woke me up. I opened my eyes and felt my breathing was a little erratic. I turned my head to see Castiel standing there against the wall.

“Do you, like, get your freak on, watching people sleep?” I asked him. “Funny. That’s what Dean said…what were you dreaming about?” he asked me.

I sighed in annoyance. “You really want to know?” I questioned.

“Kind of…but I kind of already know”

“What do you want?” I turned over and curled into a ball.

“Listen to me” he started so I sat up to look at him and I saw he was already at my side, standing, looking down at me. “You have to stop it. You and Dean have to stop it” he said.

“Stop what?” I asked. But, he didn’t reply. He just reached out and put two fingers on my forehead and I blacked out.

~

I opened my eyes to a dog licking my face. I laughed a little and pet the dog as its tongue was hanging out of its mouth. It was a beautiful golden retriever…I was a little distracted but I saw I was sitting against a tree as the sun was out, shining brightly, the sky was clear and there were people all over the place walking around and playing with some kids.

“What the Hell?” I muttered as I looked around and started to get up. “I’m so sorry about Mel here. She can get a little too excited with people” a voice said and I spun around to see a guy around 19 or 20.

“Oh, it’s no problem. I love dogs” I said, politely.

But, then I got a good look at his face and my eyes widened. This guy looked like a younger version of my dad…. “What are you doing here, sleeping under the tree?” he asked.

“I uhh I guess I just dozed off” I ran a hand through my hair.

“Come on. You look wrecked, let me buy you some coffee” he said. “I umm I…alright” I finally agreed. “Name’s Will. Will Stern” he said, offering his hand to me.

I felt my heart skip a beat. “Oh umm Melissa Turner” I shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Melissa”

“You too” I nodded. This was too weird…

“Umm do you think you could tell me what the date is?” I asked and he gave me a strange look.

“April 30th, 1973”

“And we’re in Lawrence, Kansas” I assumed.

“Yes…man, must have been some party last night”

“Uhh yea” I said slowly.

I followed him into a diner called Jay Birds Diner with Mel sauntering in right behind me and I felt a rush of relief when I saw Dean sitting at a counter. “Dean” I spoke.

He turned to look at me. “Melissa” he said, sounding relieved as well, standing up. “You two know each other?” Will…my dad…asked me. “Yea, umm he was at the party last night” I nodded.

“Hey, Will” some guy greeted as he walked over to him. They looked around the same age.

“Hey, John. What’s up?”

“Where’d you find the chick?”

“Under a tree…”

I looked at Dean. “Is that…”

“Yep…is that…”

“Yep…is this as weird for you as it is for me?”

“Yea, a little” he admitted as we watched them talk.

“Hey Reggie, get this girl some coffee, on me” Will said and he got me to sit on a stool as Dean sat beside me.

Then, the guy behind the counter brought me the coffee. “Thank you…”

Then I got a good look at him and opened my mouth to make a joke about his wardrobe. “Sonny and Cher didn’t break up yet…I already went there” Dean whispered to me and I shut my mouth.

“Hey there, Mel” John cooed, petting the dog.

Dean choked on his coffee a little. “Dude, you were so named after a dog” he laughed under his breath. “Shut it” I snapped, glaring at him.

“You ready to go?” John asked.

“Yea, lets hit it…you take care of her now ya hear?” Will said to Dean and he just nodded, dumbfounded.

We both sipped our coffee, pretending not to watch our fathers walk away. John was glancing at us…mostly Dean…and he started saying something to Will. Dean and I quickly exited the restaurant and went in the same direction as them. We turned a corner, expecting to see Will and John walking but we ran into Castiel instead.

“What is this?” Dean demanded.

“What does it look like?”

“Is it real?” I asked.

“Very”

“Okay, so what? Angels got their hands on some Deloreans? How did we get here?” Dean asked.

“Time is fluid Dean, it's not easy, but we can bend it on occasion”

“Well bend it back or tell us what the hell we’re doing here!”

“I told you, you have to stop it”

“Stop what? Is there something after our dads?” I asked, pleading for him to just tell us.

Then, a horn started to blare and we both turned to see what happened but there was nothing. We looked back at Castiel but he was gone. “Oh, come on! What are you allergic to straight answers you son of a bitch?!” Dean shouted angrily. I sighed.

~~

We found our fathers at a car dealership and John was looking at a beige VW van and it seemed like he was about to buy it. “Okay…go intervene right now” I said and Dean chuckled.

There was no way he was going to buy that thing. I turned to see my dad was in the process of buying a beautiful green truck and I grinned. I had the smart dad…it’s true. The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. I started walking over to him.

“Nice truck” I nodded, checking the truck out. “You know a thing or two about trucks?” he asked me. “Yea, I know a thing or two…my dad taught me a lot…” I answered and then his dog came out of nowhere, right up to me. I bent down to pet her.

“Mel really has taken a liking to you”

“I guess…”

“I have to ask this…are you…”

“Following you? No. My friend and I just wanted to thank you and your friend for the coffee this morning…we were really out of it”

“That’s an understatement…but it wasn’t a problem…”

“I’ve never been that wasted before…I was getting some chills…did you happen to feel any cold spots or was it just me?” I laughed a little and he smiled.

“No, I think it was just you”

I smiled back. “Umm…did you happen to smell something weird like sulfur? Or was that just me too?” I asked, trying to hint to him. I think he was catching on because his smile faded as he eyed me.

“No…I didn’t smell anything…”

“Hmmm…were there any cattle mutilations in town recently…”

“Hold up now…are you…are both of you hunters?” he asked in a more hushed tone. I nodded. “Is there a case?” he asked me.

“We’re not sure yet, to be honest…but we had this instinct to stop by and at least introduce ourselves to Will Stern. A lot of hunters talk about you” I nodded.

He laughed lightly. “I’d rather they didn’t…but I understand the Hunters instinct…tonight John and I are going out with our girls but come with your partner and then we’ll talk afterwards” he said and handed me a piece of paper with the name of a diner on it.

I nodded. Then, I turned and started walking toward Dean as I was avoiding John’s stare. I got to Dean. “What were you two talking about?” he asked me. “He knows we’re hunters. He wants to talk” I said and handed him the piece of paper with the name of the diner.

We found a car that no one was using and to our advantage it was unlocked. Dean hotwired it and we followed John. He ended up stopping outside some house so Dean stopped driving and parked the car on the side of the road being far enough away so he didn’t notice. Then he got out of the car and a woman around his age came running out and jumped into his arms.

“Mom?” Dean questioned out loud.

Night fell and we were now spying on Mary, John, dad and another girl through the window of the diner dad told me about. The other girl was my birth mother!

“Sammy wherever you are, mom is a babe…both our moms are hot” Dean grinned and I raised my eyebrows as I looked at him.

His grin fell and looked away from my eyes and back through the window. “I'm going to Hell...again” he stated and I just laughed, shaking my head.

I saw Mary leave the table and then so did dad but as Dean and I continued to look in on John and my mother I felt someone kick me in my rid cage and I fell to the ground as Dean whipped around and Mary kneed him in the stomach and then threw him into the wall. She went to punch him but he dodged it.

“Are you crazy!” he yelled at her.

“Why are you following us?” she demanded as she kept attacking. “You've been trailing us since my house”

“I don't know what you're talking about…” I started as I got to my feet.

“Really?” she inquired and then kneed Dean in the stomach again and then swung at me but I dodged her hit and grabbed her wrists, crossing her arms and pinning him against the wall.

“Mary, they aren’t bad guys. They’re one of us” a voice said and we saw it was my dad, walking toward us.

“You’re a hunter?” Dean asked, incredulous as I lightened my grip on Mary. She just stared at all of us and I glanced at Dean. He didn’t know?

~

Dean and I hid in a bush outside of Mary’s house as John was saying goodbye to her. “You didn’t know your mom was a hunter?” I asked him. “You did?” he asked me, narrowing his eyes.

“Well, yea…I thought you did too”

Then, Mary came over to us and Dean and I came out of hiding as dad came over to us. He had dropped off my mom at home. “I'm not sure you should come in” Mary said to us.

“You can trust us. I mean, come on, we're all hunters right? I mean, we're…we're practically family” Dean said and I knew he meant the literal way.

“Well, I just meant you shouldn’t come in. She can…thing is, my Dad, he's a little um…”

“Oh, I gotta meet him” Dean urged. “You've heard of him?” dad asked.

“Clearly not enough…how come he’s welcome in?”

“Because I’m Will Stern” he said and I grinned.

“I see where you get your confidence from” Dean muttered to me and I just nudged him.

“And my parents are in there as well” dad added and led the way to the house and I suddenly got excited.

“As in George Stern?” Dean asked as a grin was forming. “The one and only” dad replied. Dean and I exchanged looks as we followed them both inside. He was just as excited as I was.

~

We were only able to meet Mary’s father before he sat us down to question us.. “So, you're a hunter? Well, tell me something…you kill vampires with wooden stakes or silver” he asked. Dean and I chuckled lightly as his little test.

“Neither” I said. “You cut their heads off” Dean said. Mary and dad smiled.

“So, did we pass your test?” Dean asked.

“Yup...now get out of my house, I don't”

“Dad!” Mary scolded.

“I don't trust other hunters Dean, Melissa. Don't want their help, don't want them around my family”

“Oh, knock it off Samuel” a woman said as she came into the room.

“Yea, Sam. Give them a break” another older male came into view with a woman at his side. “They’re hunters, George” Samuel reminded and my eyes widened as I glanced up at the man.

“Who have passed your little quiz” the woman at his side said. “And now I’m inviting them both to dinner…are you hungry?” the other woman asked us.

“Starving” we both replied.

“Good, I'm Deanna, you've met my husband Samuel” she shook our hands. “And I’m George and this is my wife, Melissa” he said, shaking our hands as well and I felt relief wash over me. I wasn’t named after the dog….

“Now wash up” my grandmother, Melissa, said and my grandparents along with Dean’s went into the kitchen to set up for dinner.

“Samuel and Deanna?” Dean asked Mary. She nodded. “Really?”
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333