‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Blame

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~
This case we were on right now…it was gross and depressing. It was Valentines Day and couples were all around walking, acting all lovey-dovey…and there was that one couple that ate each other alive. There was no EMF, no sulfur and we ruled out ghost and demonic possession. Now, we were just thinking about our next moves…well we were supposed to be thinking about our next moves. Really, we kind of segregated ourselves. Dean and Sam were on one side of the room, whispering and I was about to listen in but decided against it when they both kept checking to make sure I wasn’t listening. Even though Brit and I were on the same side, she wasn’t talking to me and I didn’t know why…I had a good idea though.

“Why don’t you go out with Sam and do something?” I suggested, trying to start some conversation.

She looked up at me from the bed. “Why? So you and Dean can have alone time? Great idea” she said and was about to walk over to the guys but I stopped her. “No” I said, sternly.

She sighed. “Then, go out and find some sap. Valentines Day is your day to just get down and dirty” she tried to joke. I cracked a smile at her lame attempt to try and lighten the mood but it didn’t work that well.

“Brit…what’s wrong?” I asked her in a hushed tone.

She just stared at me for a moment…then she pulled me into the bathroom and shut the door. “I want you to do a spell” she whispered with a soft expression but with hard eyes.

“What? What for?”

“I want to go back in time and make sure my parents never meet yours” she said, lowly, avoiding my eyes. I couldn’t breath.

“What?” I breathed out, smiling a little. “You’re joking right?” She didn’t respond. “If you do that, you and I will never meet…” I started. I watched her shift uncomfortably. “And that’s what you want” I assumed.

“Mel…if my parents never become friends with yours, then we wouldn’t be in this mess”

“No, you wouldn’t be in this mess. Do you know how selfish you’re being right now?” I narrowed my eyes at her like she was crazy.

Her eyes became hard on me again. “If it means that I’ll get my family back then I’ll be as selfish as I damn well want to!” she snapped.

“Wait…do you blame me for all of this?” I asked her, incredulous. Her face lightened but she didn’t say no either. “I don’t believe this” I shook my head.

“Mel, if you had the chance to go back and…”

“And what, Brit? Save my family? Because it’s my fault they died too, right?” I snapped.

“That’s not…”

“Brittney, even if it worked, do you really think you wouldn’t be in this same position? The demon would’ve found you either way and everything we’ve all been through, it still would’ve happened, who knows? Maybe you’d even be dead if you and I never met. God knows I saved your ass countless times…”

“I don’t think God has anything to do with anything right now” she snapped.

“Who cares?! Your family still would’ve been found, they still would’ve been killed, you still would’ve drank demon blood and be Sam’s bitch in this war” I spat.

We had a stare down. “And I’m sorry that you feel like it’s all my fault. I don’t know, it probably is, but I’m not going to do the spell for you because there are so many things that can go wrong and I wont risk it”

She continued to stare me down as if it would phase me. I just stared back at her. Then, she just stormed out and Sam and Dean were staring at me and then Sam chased Brit out the door. I felt my body become more loose as I felt my chest ache and I felt lightheaded. It really hurt knowing Brit really did blame me for all of this. Dean was still staring at him and I was fighting tears as I walked to my bed to fold some clothes and make myself look busy.

We stayed in silence but I felt him shift awkwardly in his spot. “Why aren’t you going to leave? Thought you were mad at me too” I mentioned.

He let out a puff of air. "I had a right to be didn't I?" he questioned, rhetorically. I just shrugged. "Mel..." he sighed and got me to turn around and face him.

"It wasn’t just the fact that you were doing witch mojo and I didn’t know about it…I was more upset about the fact that you were so willing to remove yourself from history, just like that. It wasn't just because of the spell stuff, if that’s what you’re into, then fine, whatever. I can deal with that..."

"You’re really saying that if I did more witch craft then you wouldn't mind it" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't say that I'd be okay with you doing more witchcraft, I said I would deal if you did a spell here and there but for our benefit only...like when you spared Cas the more effort to bring all four of us to the past"

I just nodded. "But the point is...how could you just do that...do you have that much of a low opinion about yourself?

I crossed my arms. "You’re sounding like Bobby when he first found out you sold your soul" I told him, venomously. "And I was willing to do it if it helped change the future..."

"But it isn't the only reason why you were okay with it...I thought we agreed no more suicide attempts"

"It wasn't a suicide attempt! But I thought that we agreed we wouldn't let estranged feelings get in the way of the job"

"Our feelings aren't estranged though!" He groaned. "You are the most frustrating bitch I've ever met" he hissed with a clenched jaw as he got in my face.

I glared up at him. "You shouldn't have tried to influence my decision when I tried to help" I pushed past him to get to the fridge for a beer.

"Sweetheart, I influence everything you do"

"Ha! Yea okay" I rolled my eyes.

I knew it was true though...I guess I just didn't want to admit it.

“You may not like the fact that I was willing to remove myself from history but I didn’t like the fact that you wouldn’t even consider the option” I said and took a sip from my beer, then set it down.

“Because it wasn’t an option! I can’t…” he started as he came toward me a few steps and then stopped. “I don’t know how many times…” he started again and stopped.

“Don’t say it” I shook my head at him. He came closer to me and I couldn’t help but just stare into his eyes.

“Please…just don’t say it…I have too much running through my mind to hear you say that…” I said and walked back around him, back to the bed. I kept my back facing him.

“Why aren’t you going out for real, though? Didn’t you say Valentines Day was your favorite holiday? You called it…Unattached Drifter Christmas right?” I chuckled slightly…at least, I attempted to. So did he.

“Yea…I’m just not feeling it this year” he said and I heard his footsteps coming closer to me. “Are you alright?” I asked and spun around to face him.

I didn’t realize how close he was when I came face to face to him and our lips were centimeters away from each other. “Are you?” he countered. “I mean…you and Brit were pretty heated”

I just stared up at him for a moment…then I let out a quiet sob as I looked away….and then I looked back up at him. “She blames me, Dean” I sobbed again. “She blames me for all of this…for her being in this mess, for her family dying…I guess I cant blame her though, I guess it is my fault” I said as the tears were fighting me to fall down my face.

He pulled me into his chest. “It isn’t your fault…it’s no one’s fault…all of this would’ve happened to her no matter what…”

He continued to whisper reassuring things to me but I just couldn’t shake off what I was feeling. I was feeling the emptiness inside me…I was feeling alone…and hurt…and sadness…and anger…I wish I could say I was feeling love for Dean but I couldn’t even process that one emotion, I was so overwhelmed.

“Can I say what I wanted to say now?” he asked. I just nodded. “If you took yourself out of history…I wouldn’t be able to go on” he whispered.

“I need you, Mel. I need you here with me…even when I get annoyed with you or you get bitchy with me and we just fight like there’s no tomorrow…I live for those fights” he chuckled half-heartedly.

I smiled to myself, making sure he didn’t see it. Then, I made it vanish. I pulled away so I could look up at him. I backed away from him, taking a few steps. I analyzed his expression. He was hurt…confused…lustful…. I stared at him as he stared at me and for the longest moment in a long time...I forgot about everything we were dealing with...and I just saw Dean. I raced toward him and I jumped into his arms, so he caught me, wrapping my legs around his waist and my hands went to his neck as my lips attacked his and he was being just as aggressive as I was being. We fell over gently onto the bed as Dean hovered over me.

"Ya know...Sam and Brit might walk in" he said.

I knew he really wasn't concerned about it though, he was testing me...seeing if I really wanted to have sex with him...and I did. "This counts as a beneficial moment, right?" I asked rhetorically and I flew my hand up so the door locked.

He started to smirk as he had that playful look. He kissed me and pulled away again to stare into my eyes. “I hate how I love you…you should know that”

“I do…and the feelings mutual” I groaned and arched my back slightly. That seemed to turn him on and it took off from there….

~~~~~~

I played with his hair while he just stared into my eyes, keeping me close. His hand went to the necklace that was around my neck. It was the tiny, cheap heart locket he had given to me for Christmas, the one time we celebrated it together. He flipped it open with his thumb and stared at the tiny picture inside that was of me and him while he was kissing my cheek. I had stolen someone else’s camera while we were at a park one day, took a picture of us and then quickly downloaded it to Sam’s laptop so I could get the picture just for the locket. He let out a humorless chuckle.

“We actually look like a real couple” he commented.

“Yea well…at one point we were a real couple”

He used his thumb to shut the locket again and then he kissed me. He started to kiss harder as I laid back onto my back and he hovered over me again. He stopped and stared down at my lips, then my eyes.

“What would you do if I said I got you something” he said.

“What? For Valentines Day? You’re not serious”

“Okay…I wont give it to you, then. I’ll take it back” he shrugged.

“No, no, no. Don’t do that” I said and he grinned as I flipped us over so I was on top of him this time.

“I was just kidding. I didn’t get you anything” he laughed, holding me.

I saw he wasn't kidding though…but I didn’t call him out on it. “You shouldn’t tease a girl like that” I glared, playfully.

“Oh really? Why? What are you going to do about it?” he smirked.

I smirked too but before I could reply, there was a knock at the door. “Is it safe to come in, yet?” Sam called.

Dean sighed as he threw his head back onto the pillow. I just smiled as I got off him and tossed him his boxers so he could get dressed while I got dressed at the same time as I kept the sheet around me. Trust me, that takes skill. Once I threw my hair up into a ponytail, I walked over to the door and unlocked it, letting them both in. But, as soon as I saw Brittney, my happy mood…went away completely…and I felt all of those other emotions again. Sam tried to give me a reassuring look but it was completely lame.

For a moment in time…when it was just me and Dean laying together…I felt some kind of happiness…it almost felt foreign to me though…I haven’t felt it in a while. Then, one look from Brit as she pushes passed me to get into the room, change and go right to bed…changes my whole mood and attitude. The atmosphere became tense and awkward…and for once it wasn’t because of Dean and Sam starting some stupid fight…it was because of me and Brittney…and I hated it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning we headed off to the morgue because of another double suicide that had happened and we thought it’d be best to check out the bodies and see what we can find. Dean, weirdly, became friends with the morgue guy and he was happy to get us out the organs and whatnot that was in different buckets. Dean and I stood side by side while Sam and Brit stood side by side on the other side of the table with the buckets of body extras on top of it. I made a face as the boys opened the containers and they started to inspect them.

As a little time went by, I glanced at Brit a few times but she was avoiding my eyes completely. I felt myself break a little more at the reminder that she blamed me for everything.

“Look, can you at least act professional and talk to me for the case?” I hissed.

Honestly, I was looking for a fight…I just didn’t know how else to settle this. “Here, have a heart” she said, not even looking at me as she slid over the container holding the heart.

Dean got a hold of it. My jaw clenched as I looked back down at my fingers. I felt Sam and Dean exchange a look and I don’t know what Sam said to Brittney…if he said anything at all, frankly I didn’t care…but Dean nudged me slightly.

“Hey. Be my valentine?” he asked as he slid me the container that had the heart inside it.

A smile came to my lips, involuntarily and I rolled my eyes at him…but then my eyes landed on both hearts in front of me. “Wait, hold on…”

“Is that a yes?”

“No. It’s not. These hearts have identical marks” I analyzed them, then showed Sam as he grabbed a magnifying glass.

It’s like some kind of letter…oh no…”

“What?” we all asked.

“I think... it’s Enochian,” Sam says.

“You mean like angel scratches?” Dean asked. “So you think it’s like the tagging on our ribs” Brit assumed. “I don’t know” Sam says.

I took out my cell phone and called Cas. “Cas, it’s Mel. We’re in room 31C at the basement level in St. James Medical…” I started but stopped when I turned and he was standing right in front of me.

“I’m there now” he said into the phone.

“Yea, I see that…”

“I’m going to hang up now”

“Yea…good idea” I replied and we both hung up.

Brittney handed him the heart and he examined it. “You’re right, Sam. These are angelic marks. I imagine you’d find similar marks on the other couples’ hearts as well”

“So what are they? I mean, what do they mean?” Brittney asked.

“It’s a mark of union. This man and woman were intended to mate”

“Okay, but who put ‘em there?” Dean asked.

“Well, your people call them Cupid” he said and offered me the heart.

I made a face and just gestured to the table so he set it down. “A what?” Sam asked.

“What human myth has mistaken for Cupid is actually a lower order of angel. Technically it’s a cherub…third class” he explained. “A cherub?” I inquired.

“Yeah, they’re all over the world. There’s dozens of them,” Cas continued. “You mean the little flying fat kid in diapers?” Dean questioned.

“They’re not incontinent”

“Okay, anyway. So what you’re saying is...” Sam started.

“What I’m saying is a Cupid has gone rogue, and we have to stop him. Before he kills again.”

“Naturally,” I said as I eyed him and sighed.

“Of course we do,” Sam added.

~~~~

So we all got to this restaurant and were seated at a table and the waitress brought some food to the table. “So what, you just happen to know he likes the cosmos at this place?” I asked Cas.

“This place is an excess of human reproduction, it’s exactly the kind of garden that Cupid will come to…pollinate” he answered and I saw how he was eyeing Dean’s burger.

But, then I noticed they were all giving me weird looks. “You didn’t get anything?” Sam asked. “Not hungry” I shrugged.

Then, I looked over at Dean and saw he had already pushed away his plate after only one bite. “You aren’t either?” Brit asked as they both stared at us, incredulous.

“No”

They continued to stare. “What? We’re not hungry!” I said, annoyed. “Then you’re not gonna finish that?” Cas asked, pointing to Dean’s plate.

But, without an answer, he reached across me to grab Dean’s burger as we all just stared at him…and then he stopped. “He’s here” he said.

“Where? I don’t see anything,” Brittney said as she looked around the restaurant. “There,” Cas said, pointing to a couple that started having a heated make out session in their booth.

“What, you mean the same-side-of-the-booth couple over there?” Dean asks. “Meet me in the back,” Cas said, quickly and then disappeared from his spot.

We all looked at each other and then snuck around the restaurant and got into the backroom where Cas was. He was holding out his hand in front of him with his back to us.

“Where is he?” I asked.

“I have him tethered,” Cas replied and then started to speak a different language. “Manifest yourself” he finished. Nothing happened though. “So where is he?” Dean asked.

“Here I am!” a sixth voice cheered, happily.

I turned my head to see this slightly large, chubby. naked man wrap his arms around Dean and he giggled as he lifted Dean off the ground and bounced around a little. My eyes widened as we all just stared.

“Help” Dean grunted, lightly. “Oh, help is on the way, yes it is,” the naked man said, gleefully.

He finally let go of Dean and then looked at Cas. “Hello, you!” he grinned and walked to Cas and hugged him as we all just watched in horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333