‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

House of Gods

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
It was raining like there was no tomorrow outside…I guess in our case that was very possible though. We were in Muncie, Indiana and it was about time we stopped for the night. We were all tired, in need of a bed and it was pretty dangerous for driving at the moment. We got to this motel called Elysian Fields, parked and rushed inside. Just from running from the truck to inside, I was drenched. We all were. But we got distracted by the hotel, itself. It had a serene feeling with people around, talking quietly by the fireplace and it was actually very nice.

“Nice digs for once” Dean said and we all approached the guy at the desk. He looked up at us a few times but continued to type. “Busy night” Dean commented to make the dude stop.

“Coming in from the storm I guess. Sign this” he smiled slightly, sliding a form toward Dean.

I felt a weird motion of vibrations…like someone was moving toward me but at warped speed. I took a small step back and the guy looked at me weird. I just forced a smile at him and he just looked back at Dean.

“Sir, I think you got a little shaving knick” he pointed to his own neck and then whipped out a tissue.

I eyed him but tried to not let my paranoia get the best of me. Dean took it and dabbed his neck, I saw the little blood come onto the tissue and then the guy held out the key. I took it.

“Thanks…you wouldn’t happen to have a coffee shop would you?” Dean asked.

“A buffet. All you can eat…best pie in the tri-state area” I felt my senses leave me as a smile came to my face. “You don’t say” Dean and I both said.

~

We got to the buffet and as Sam and Brit got as table, Dean and I went up to the dessert table. I grinned as I picked up two plates of slices of pie and so did Dean. “Heaven, right?” the guy next to us made polite conversation.

I scoffed slightly. “Trust me, pal. It’s better” Dean replied.

Then, he took a chocolate chip that was on the top of a cake and we walked away. On our way back to the table, I noticed Dean wasn’t at my side when I reached Sam and Brit. I looked back to see him talking to a woman in a red dress with a martini in her hand. I continued to watch as I slowly sat down and I began to smirk as I saw him get shut down. When he headed back over to us, I looked down at my pie and slid Brit, hers. He sat down next to me and I just looked up at Sam to see him on his phone.

“Sammy, un-pucker, man. Eat something” I slid him his own pie that Dean had brought over. “Yea, Sam. Come on” Dean tried.

“We should hit the road, guys” was all he replied with.

“In this storm? It’s…”

“It’s biblical. Exactly. It’s friggin Noah’s arc out there and we’re eating pie”

“But, it’s good pie” I smiled.

“It is pretty good pie” Brit said with a mouth full. Sam gave her a pointed look. She gave the same look. “I’m just saying” she put her hands up in defense.

“How many hours of sleep did you get this week? 3? 4?” Dean noted. Sam didn’t respond. “Bobby’s got his feelers out…and we have talked to every hoodoo man and root woman in twelve states”

“Well, I’m not giving up”

No one is giving up” I said, sternly but lightly. “Especially not us. We’re gonna find a way to beat the devil, soon, I can feel it”

“And we’re gonna find Cas and find Adam but you are no good to us burnt out” Dean added.

Sam looked at Brit and she nodded, then looked at us again. “Yea…yea okay” he agreed and put his phone away to eat some pie.

“Now come on, we have the night off for once. Lets try to enjoy it”

“Seriously” I agreed.

~~~~

When we were done, we headed for our room and then Dean pointed out a couple that was making out down the hallway…and I thought they were going to lose their clothes right then and there.

“What are you? 12?” Sam commented.

“I’m young at heart…why don’t you kiss me like that anymore?” he looked at me.

“Because you annoy me more than you used to, get inside” I said as I unlocked the door quickly and he pouted slightly as he walked in. I rolled my eyes and Sam and Brit contained their snickers.

We all walked in and just looked around in awe. There was a flat screen TV and satin sheets…do I need to say more? “Look at this, I feel like the Rockefellers…chocolates!” Dean said, happily as he ate his. “Mmmm you want yours?” he asked Sam.

“Knock yourself out” he replied as I set my bag down on mine and Dean’s bed, on my side.

Dean looked at the chocolate, then at me. I looked at him, then at the chocolate. We both dove for it at the same time and we ended up wrestling for it.

“You are such a pig, it’s my chocolate!” I exclaimed as I was trying to keep it away from him while we fell off the bed.

“You don’t need it! It’ll make you fat!”

“I’m not the one that had four slices of pie you fat ass!"

He stopped trying and we both just froze as he was on top of my back. “Okay, that was harsh”

I just pushed him off and turned onto my back as he stood and I popped the chocolate into my mouth and smiled smugly. He glared at me and then I stood up as we just acted like nothing happened while Sam and Brit gave us weird looks. We ignored them and Dean picked up a DVD off of the side table.

“Casa Erotica 13, on demand” Dean grinned. Brit and I both rolled our eyes as Sam shook his head but also had an uneasy look on his face. “What?”

“This place kinda in middle of nowhere”

“So?”

“So, what’s a 4 star hotel doing on a no star highway…you don’t think it’s strange” He looked at me.

I crossed my arms. “Yea, it’s a little out of the ordinary I guess and yea, I’ve been getting weird feelings ever since we pulled into the parking lot but maybe it’s just you overanalyzing it, Sam” I suggested and shrugged slightly.

Then, we all heard giggling and some grunts. We all exchanged a look and Dean grinned in amusement while Brit and I shook our heads and Sam scoffed, amused…but then the wall started to shake and the bricks almost came out as the flat screen almost fell off the wall, completely. The four of us rushed out of our room, to next door and we rushed in kind of half expecting to see the couple…but it was completely empty…untouched even. We called out and scanned the room, but no one was there and there was no indication of anyone ever being there…then my eye caught something on the floor. I walked forward a few feet, crouched down and picked up a diamond ring.

We went back to the main lobby and went up to the guy at the front desk. “The room next to ours…a couple joined at the lips…” Dean started.

“Mr. and Mrs. Logan. The honeymooners?” he asked and did something in his computer. “They checked out. Something the matter?”

“They checked out?” I repeated.

“Just now“

“Really? It kinda seemed like were in middle of something…” Brit said.

He shrugged slightly still with a small, kind of creepy smile on his face. “And it’s kinda weird for honeymooners to check out without this” I added, showing him the ring.

He took it from me. “Oh dear, I’ll just put that in the lost and found, don’t you worry, anything else I help you with?

“No…no, we’re good” Sam said, slowly.

“Super fantastic” he grinned.

We all turned away slowly and kind of awkwardly we walked a few steps away. “Creepy” Dean commented. “Just a little” Brit agreed, sarcastically.

“Alright, well, lets scope it out” Sam suggested.

I sighed. “Okay, you two keep an eye on Norman Baits over here…is one night off really too much to ask for?” I complained and walked off with Dean following me.

He put an arm around my waist and we headed to a different hallway with rooms on both sides. I took out the EMF reader but Dean quickly threw me up against the wall and kissed me hard.

“Dean, what are you doing?” I laughed a little, mumbling against his lips.

“We don’t make out like we used to. Remember we were like that couple at one point” he reminded me.

“Yea, but then the apocalypse started” I said as if I was reminding him about an everyday chore.

I pushed him lightly so we could continue down the hallway but I still held his hand. “Dean, we still have sex whenever” I said with a light laugh under my breath.

“But, it’s not the same” he sighed…it was a genuine sigh, too.

“Dean…I don’t know what you want me to do, frankly. Would you like it if I kissed you more? I mean, seeing you every day, 24/7 isn’t enough, you want my lips attached to yours at the same time?”

“Is that a trick question?”

I just rolled my eyes at him and looked to my right at the door that was swung open and I looked into the room…I saw an elephant. No joke.

I heard the elephant call out into the air and that’s what kind of got through to me since I couldn’t even process the elephant. Slowly, Dean and I backed up and looked in the room again but the elephant wasn’t there. It was just a man with a towel wrapped around his waist. I quickly looked away and took a few steps forward but Dean was too slow to follow my notion.

“This aint no peep show man” the guy snapped and slammed the door in Dean’s face.

Then, I felt that motion again of someone coming at me really fast but before I could react, I felt something prick my neck. My hand flew up and gripped the side of my neck and some blood came off onto my finger.

~~

We met back up with Brit and Sam and explained how we saw the elephant in that room, like full on Babar…but when we got to the main lobby, everyone who was there just minutes before, was gone…it was completely cleared out. When Brit went to look outside, the door was locked. Then, Sam suggested that we were led here like freakin rats in a maze. I guess our night off was cut short.

We headed into the kitchen and looked around…there was a pot of red liquid boiling in it. “Please be tomato soup, please be tomato soup…” Dean muttered as he took the ladle to stir it. Eyeballs floated to the top.

We all cringed and looked away as I made a gagging noise. “Motel hell” Dean grunted.

But, then I heard some other noises. “Shhh” I snapped quietly so I could concentrate better.

They all watched me as I headed over slowly to the freezer and I pressed my ear against it. I went to look through the window but a hand flew up, banging it against the window. I jumped back and then saw the face in the window. It was the guy who was being polite to us when we were at the buffet. Then, there were multiple faces popping up as they were all banging on the door, calling for us to help them. Sam took out his small pack and went for his pick.

“Hurry up” Dean said.

“I’m going as fast as I…” Sam started but then looked up at us. “Can” he finished.

The three of us just stood side bys side staring back at him. “There’s something behind us isn’t there” Dean assumed.

Before Sam could even respond, we were all being dragged out of the kitchen and down a few hallways and we were dragged into the Grand Ballroom. There were two long tables with four people at each, on the outsides and then there a man and woman at the very end at a smaller table. They all looked up at us, mostly sending daggers at us. But, I analyzed them all and saw they were all wearing nametags. One was on the man we saw before and it said Ganesh. I saw an older, pale man with white hair and a small white beard and his said Odin. Another man had a nametag that said Baron Samedi but my eyes went to the woman at the end of the table was the woman that Dean was flirting with and her nametag said Kali. I felt my stomach churn uncomfortably in different directions.

“Shrine convention?” Dean commented.

The guy from the desk came out from around the corner, rolling a cart and he had a nametag too that said Mercury. “Dinner is served” he said and lifted the lid. I thought I was going to throw up at the sight of the head in the middle of a tray with intestines and organs surrounding it. Everyone began to clap and then a spotlight hit us.

“Ladies and gentlemen, our guests of honor have arrived” the guy, next to Kali, said. His nametag said Baldur.

Four seats were brought over to us and we all sat down slowly and cautiously at the opposite end as Kali and Baldur. “This is not good, this is not good…” I muttered.

Sam, Dean and Brit all looked at me but I ignored them. “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming, through all my centuries, never thought I’d see this. This many gods under one roof…” Baldur started.

“Gods?” Sam sputtered out, nervously.

“Now before we get started, Some ground rules: No slaughtering each other. Curb your wrath. Oh, and keep your hands off the local virgins, we're trying to keep a low profile here”

“Oh we are so, so screwed” Brit said.

“And we all know why we're here…the Judeo-Christian apocalypse looms over us. I know we’ve all had little disagreements in the past…but time has come to put them aside and look toward the future because if we don’t, we wont have one…and we do have four very valuable bargaining chips, Michael and Lucifer’s vessels and their weapons. Question is…what do we do now? Anybody have any bright ideas, speak up, this is a safe room”

Then, one stood up and said something in a different language. I noted his name was Zao Shen. “Oh, I don’t like his tone” Dean grunted.

“Kill them? Why? So the angels can bring them back again?” Baron Samedi asked, rhetorically.

“I don’t know what everybody gets so worked up about. It’s just a couple of angels having a slap fight. It’s no Armageddon and everyone knows when they rise up, I, myself, will be eaten by a big wolf” he chuckled.

Then him and Zao Shen got into some fight. We couldn’t understand though because Zao Shen continued to just speak in his language.

“What are they saying?” Dean whispered to me.

“I don’t know” I narrowed my eyes at him, like he was crazy.

“I thought you spoke Japanese” he hissed at me.

“I don’t speak Japanese, Dean. I only know a little bit…and I don’t think he’s even speaking Japanese, I think he’s Chinese or Korean or something…”

“You are seriously no good to me” he said and I just glared at him.

Then, as they continued to argue, all four of us started to slowly get up, but when we all turned to try and sneak away, a chandelier came crashing in front of us which created a deadly silence as we froze.

“Stay” Kali voiced. We all slowly turned back around to face all of them. “We have to fight. Archangels…the only thing they understand is violence. This ends in blood, there’s no other way. Its them or us” she spoke fluently.

“With all due respect maim…we haven’t even tried talking to them” Mercury said.

Then, she just narrowed her eyes at him and he started to choke on his own blood. “Kali” Baldur sighed. She stopped whatever she was doing. “Who asked you?” she hissed.

Then, the doors flew open and Gabriel came skipping in. “Cant we all just get along?” he questioned.

“Gab…” Sam started to say but then from a wave of his finger, none of us could speak.

“Sam Dean, Melissa and Brittney…always wrong place, worst time with you muttin heads huh”

“Loki” Baldur spoke and I heard some venom in his voiced.

“Baldur. Good seeing u too. Guess my invitation got lost in the mail”

“Why are you here?”

“To talk bout the elephant in the room…” Then, Ganesh started to get up, angry. “Not you. I’m talking about the apocalypse…but first the adults need to have a little conversation. Check ya later” he said, facing us.

He snapped his fingers and then when we looked around, we were back in our motel room.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333