‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Devil On His Shoulder

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
“Check it out. I look like the king of pop” Dean said, looking at me as he had on his mask to cover his mouth while we walked into the room full of sick patients. The three of us had the same. I rolled my eyes at him. “Too soon?” he asked.

Sam scoffed and grunted in response as Brit just laughed under her breath, shaking her head. “Too soon” he confirmed, himself.

“Don’t get me wrong. I get that the CBC is here but what we really need is vaccine” the doctor, that was escorting us, informed. “Got that right” Dean muttered. I elbowed him.

“Has there been anything strange? Like behavioral change? Aggression maybe?” Brit started.

“Excuse me?”

“Have the flu victims shown any homicidal tendencies?” I asked.

“Umm symptomatically speaking, we’re looking at a relatively mild case of swine flu here, probably a miserable week off work, that’s about it”

“So, nothing unusual” Sam assumed.

“Well day and half ago, we didn’t have a single case now lookin at over 70 briefcase bumps, so yea I’d call that little unusual” she explained and got a little distracted by someone asking her to sign some stuff.

“A day and a half” I repeated. “The same time those statues started crying” Dean noted. “I’m sorry. What was that?” the doctor asked us.

“What was what?”

“Did you just say a bunch of statues started crying?”

“What? No, no, no…” we all said quickly. “Who would say that?” Dean laughed nervously. “Psh, crazy people” I said, nervously as well. “Yea” Sam said, faking a chuckle. “But, we are not” Brit said. “No” Sam shook his head. The doctor looked at us weirdly.

It surprises me how we do not screw up all our cases.

~~

While Brit and I were in the truck, behind the guys, I was on the phone with Dean and Bobby and I put them on speaker phone as Dean did the same. “Let me guess. Another steaming hot pile of swine flu” Bobby said. “Yep” I said.

“It doesn’t make sense Bobby, Pestilence touched here, I’m sure of it” Sam spoke. “But why is he serving up a soft syrup when hes got Croatoan virus up his sleeve, I don’t get it” Dean said.

“Doesn’t matter what the sick son of a bitch is doin, it maters that this is fourth town hes been to that we know of and we’re still eating his dust. Do you got anything? Even a snowball to get started?”

“There’s no pattern we can see” Brit sighed.

“Okay, hold on…” he said and we heard his chairs squeaking wheels. “As far as I can tell, he’s still heading east so…head east I guess”

“East?” we all voiced. “Bobby we’re in West Nevada, east is probably all there is” Dean said.

“Yea, well, you better get to driving”

Once we hung up, we were driving a little bit…and I was about to turn on the radio when Brit was about to say something but then all of a sudden, Dean slammed on his breaks in front of us and spun out a bit.

“Holy shit!” I yelled as I slammed on my breaks as well.

I swerved around Dean and Brit started to scream as I started to spin out. Then, we started to tip over onto Brit’s side but I slammed my whole body against my side to get us back on all four tires.

“God damn it!” I cursed as I ripped off my seat belt and jumped out of the truck. “Are you girls okay?” Sam asked as they raced to us.

I slammed the door. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I yelled at Dean as Sam got to Brit and they both came back over to us.

But, then I froze as I looked over their shoulders to see Crowley standing behind them. “Hello darling” he said.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I snapped and started to stalk toward him as he backed up a little.

“You’re upset…”

“Upset? Oh no, no, no. Upset doesn’t describe it” I clenched my teeth while I stopped in my tracks.

“We should discuss it…not here…”

“You want to talk? After what you did to us?” Brit narrowed her eyes at him.

“After what I did to you? I gave you the Colt!”

“Yeah, and you knew it wouldn't work against the Devil!” Sam yelled, venomously.

“I never!”

“You set us up. We lost people on that suicide run, good people!” Brit shouted and I could tell she was holding back the tears as she lunged at Crowley but I held her back slightly.

“Who you take on the ride is your own business…look, everything is still the same, we’re still in this together”

“Sure we are” Sam said and Brit lunged again to hold Crowley while Sam swung the demon knife at him but he disappeared from his spot and appeared behind us. “Call off your dogs, please” he requested.

I grabbed Brit’s hand to keep her in her spot while Dean put a hand on Sam’s chest to keep him back a little as well. “Give us one good reason” Dean said.

“I can give you Pestilence”

“What do you know bout Pestilence?” I asked.

“I know how to get him” My jaw twitched slightly from me being annoyed. “That got your interest doesn’t it” he analyzed me and Dean. We didn’t say anything.

“Are you actually listening to this?” Sam asked, incredulous. “Sam” Dean said.

“Are you friggin nuts?”

“Shut up for a second, Sam” Dean snapped.

“Shut up, both of you” I said, crossing my arms. “Thank you” Crowley said, gratefully. I just narrowed my eyes at him.

“Mel?” Brit said, now, just as incredulous as Sam. “You shut up, too…continue” I said.

“I swear thought the Colt would work. It was an honest mistake but it’s part of learning process. Nothings changed. I still want the devil dead…well one things changed. Now the devil knows I want him dead which, by the way, makes me most bucketed son in all of creation”

“Holy crap, we don’t care” Dean said, annoyed and tired.

“They burnt down my house!” We all stayed silent…was he expecting us to respond a certain way?

“And my tailor! Two months under a rock like bloody salamander! Every demon on hell and earth got his eyes out for me! And yet here I am, last place should be, talking to Brittney Hails, Melissa Stern and Sam and Dean Winchester under a friggin spot light!” he grunted and shot his fingers up and destroyed the street light, causing the glass to shatter to the pavement.

Then, he took a deep breath and became more calm. “So, come with me, please” he said. We didn’t respond.

“You want the horsemen rings or not?” Dean and I nonchalantly exchanged a look with out eyes. “Yes I know all about that, now shall we?” he asked.

~~

We got to an old, rotted down cabin and walked in. “Here we are. My life on the land. How the mighty have fallen…single pane glass, used contraception in the fireplace…” He aimed his fingers at the fireplace and a fire started. “The water damage alone…”

“Yea, you have such a horrible life. Now how do you know about the rings” I demanded.

“I’ve been keeping close eye on you, love”

“We got hex bags, we’re hidden from demons” Sam stated.

“All but one. That night you broke into my house, our first date, my valet hid a tracking device in your cars. A magical coin that easily traps you bags of bones. It allows me to hear things too. And oh my, the things I've heard. See, wanna cram devil back in box. You have a cunning scheme…I want in”

“You said you could get us Pestilence” Brit reminded.

“Well now, I don’t know where Pestilence is per say, but I do know the demon who does. He’s what you might call horsemen’s stable boy, he handles itineraries there, personal needs…he’s who you want, believe me, he’ll tell us where Sneezy’s at”

“Well how we get him to spill? Rip out his toenails?” Dean asked, sarcastically.

“No…we bring him here and sell him”

“Sell him?”

“Please, I've sold sin to saints for centuries. You think I can't close one little demon?”

“Alright so where’s this demon of yours?” I crossed my arms.

The four of us were packing up, getting ready to head out, while Crowley was in the other room. “Why are we even listening to him?” Brit questioned. “This is totally insane” Sam said. “I don’t disagree” Dean said.

Then, Crowley came back in to us. “One big happy family are we? Fantastic”

“Are you ready to go?” I just asked him.

“Yes. Yes I am. Sam, Brittney, keep the house down”

“What are you talking about?” Dean asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Sam and Brittney aren’t coming”

“Why the hell not?” Sam and Brit both demanded.

“Because I don’t like you two. I don’t trust you two. And oh yes, you keep trying to kill me!”

“No, damn way, not gonna happen” Sam said. “I’m not asking you, am I? Cause you’re not invited. I’m asking you two, what’s it gonna be?” he asked, looking at me and Dean.

We didn’t move and we didn’t respond. “Gentlemen. Ladies. Enjoy your last few sunsets” he said and started to walk away.

“Wait” I spoke up. He stopped and turned around as they all looked at me. I looked up at Dean as he analyzed me and then nodded slightly. “We’ll go” I said and grabbed the duffle bag.

I walked over to Crowley as Dean followed and I turned back to look at Sam and Brit as they stared at me in shock. “What can I say? I believe the guy” I murmured. Dean shrugged slightly at them and we all walked out.

We used the Impala to get outside an office building and Dean used the binoculars to look inside. “Demons”

“Nah, human shields. Demons are up top on the 12th floor” Crowley said from the backseat.

“Then we’ll find way into back”

“You guys make everything so complicated” he said and disappeared from his spot.

“Aw crap” Dean muttered. “Dean” I grabbed his arm and pointed to the building. He used the binoculars to look inside and see Crowley slit some guys throat. “Stay here” he ordered and rushed out.

“What?!” I shouted at him. “Stay!” he yelled back as he took off.

My jaw dropped as I just leaned back in my seat and started shaking my leg. “Okay, this is taking too long” I said and got out of the Impala.

I walked in and saw Crowley standing in front of the elevator. “Where’s Dean? I asked.

“He’s getting the job done”

“You didn’t go with him?” I asked and walked over to him to press the button on the elevator, he covered the button with his hand so I couldn’t press it.

“I cant let you go up there, love. Too dangerous”

“What the hell you talking about? I thought you said your plan was gonna work”

“My plan is gonna work…it’s just that the plan that Dean thinks we’re using wont work. Brady, up there, doesn’t want the rings, he wants Dean…well you and Dean…”

“Are you friggin kidding me?” I asked as I moved his hand and pressed the button. When I looked up, he was gone. “Freakin douche” I muttered as I waited the elevator.

Then, the elevator doors opened and there stood Dean with blood trailing the side of his face. “Dean!” I jumped to his side.

“Melissa, I told you to stay in the car” he grunted as he put his arm around me like he was the one looking out for me, not the other way around even though he was the one who was bleeding.

I scoffed and forced him to put his arm around my shoulders to lead him out of the elevator. “Yea, like I was going to listen to you. Come on, I’m getting you…” I started to say but then I got hit from behind which caused us both to go sliding across the floor.

“Well, well, well…nice of you to join us, Melissa” a voice said. I looked up and saw a guy in a suit sauntering over to us. “We had a very nice meeting, I’m excited!”

But, then Crowley came out of nowhere with a sack that had the devil’s trap on it and he slipped it onto the dude’s head and whacked him in the head with a crowbar. He fell to his knees.

“Evening uncle” he said and hit him in the head with the crowbar so many times, I heard the skull breaking as blood was now soaking the sack. He fell completely onto his stomach. I got to Dean and helped him stand to his feet.

“What the hell was that?” Dean snapped.

“That was perfect”

“Perfect? He didn’t want the rings! He wanted me!”

“Imagine the surprise on your face”

“What?”

“Your ignorance and misinformation was completely authentic, you cant fake that” We both stared at him, incredulous and annoyed. “What? It went like clockwork” he said innocently.

“Not for me, you son of a bitch!”

“That's what you get working with a Demon” he shrugged and just walked out with the body.

While Dean was driving, I was doing my best to be gentle while I wiped the blood off the side of his face. He looked in the rearview mirror and saw Crowley carving a symbol into the body’s chest.

“Hey, hot stuff, watch the upholstery”

“Up yours mate”

I just raised my eyebrows slightly and continued to clean out Dean’s wound. “This carving will tie our dear friend down. No zapping off, no smoking out. Locked in the meat suit. It’s an important piece of our bargaining strategy…now up here, don’t want I50. Take 93North”

“What are you talking about?”

“We cant take this guy back to your brother”

“Why the hell not?” I snapped and stopped what I was doing. He didn’t answer. “Crowley!” Dean snapped as I gave Crowley hard eyes.

"They got history, alright”

Then, all of a sudden, Dean slammed on the brakes, I braced myself in my seat as he came to a complete stop and spun around as well to stare down Crowley. “You wanna go anywhere, you start talking. What history?” he demanded.

~~~~

We got back to the cabin as the sun came up and honestly, I was not looking forward to this…but it had to be done. I feel Sammy can do this. Dean brought Brady into the other room to tie him to a chair in the middle of a devil’s trap. I crossed my arms as Crowley and I waited at the bottom of the staircase as Sam and Brit came down quickly to us but slowed down their pace.

“Where’s Dean?” Sam asked, eyeing Crowley but then his eyes landed gently on me.

“Now for the record, I’m against this. Negotiating high level defection hits very delicate business”

“What are you talking about?” Brit asked.

“I begged Dean and Melissa not to come back, we should be miles away from you. Go ahead. Go ruin our last best hope, it’s only the end of the world”

“Mel?” Sam asked, still not understanding.

So, then, I took his hand to lead him into the room where Dean and Brady were and Brit followed. “Sam” Dean nodded and I crossed my arms again.

I kept Brit at my side though to give Sam some room. “What’s going on, Dean?” Sam asked, cautiously.

“I need you to stay on mission okay? Focused” Dean instructed.

“I don’t understand. What’s all this about?”

“Sammy, we’re doing this because we trust you” I said and walked over to the bastard in the chair.

“Trust me to what?”

“Sam? Sam, is that you?” Brady spoke. I sighed and then took off the sack. “Brady?” Sam said, not even believing his own eyes.

“What the fuck?” Brit whispered. I looked at her, confused.

Brady chuckled. “Brady hasn’t been Brady in years…since oh…middle of our sophomore year?”

“What?”

“That’s right. You had a devil on your shoulder even back then…alright, now, let it all sink in…” Then, I saw him start to smirk as he eyed Brittney.

“You son of a bitch! You introduced me to Jess!” Sam grunted and lunged at Brady but Dean held him back.

“Ding, ding, ding I think he’s got it!”

“Sam! Damn it, Sam!” Dean grunted.

“I’m gonna kill you!”

I rushed over to them to pull Sam out of the room as Dean pushed and we got him into the living room. We flew him a few feet away in front of us and he tried to get back into the room but I put both hands on his chest and pushed him back hard.

“Sam, that’s enough!” I pointed at him.

“Get out of my way, Melissa” he ordered.

I put my hands on my hips. “No”

Melissa” he said with a warning tone as he towered over me in a threatening mannner but I stood my ground.

“Hey, hey, hey…why don’t you give us a minute” Dean suggested to me. I nodded and gave Sam a gentle look even though he still was hot, ready to kill.

I walked back in to Brady and Brit. “Well, well, well…it’s so nice to see you again, Brittney” he chuckled. “What the hell is he talking about?” I demanded, looking at Brit.

“I never told you this…my first year of college…I met Brady…” she said.

“All part of the plan. All I needed was a some sap story to get her to start missing her best friend in order for her to go back home. You two needed to stay together in order for the plan to be put into action”

Then, Crowley walked in. “You didn’t say Brittney has history with him too!” I snapped.

“Sorry, slipped my mind. I knew she would be able to handle it better than Kujo in there”

“God damn it, I hate demons” I muttered, harshly as I stormed out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333