‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

So Much Hate...

I walked over to Dean, who was sitting on a couch and I paced a little. “Turns out Brittney has history with the bastard too. Is there any part of our lives that is ours? That’s real? Cause all I’m seeing are lies people told us to just get close and lead us to our destiny. Is there even the tiniest aspect in our lives that’s our doing?” I ranted.

I didn’t care if he didn’t say anything…or know what to say, but he still just listened. Then, I swung my leg up and around so I kicked the lamp off the small table and it flew into the wall and crashed to the floor. I calmed down a little. “Where’s Sam?”

“He’s cooling off” he sighed as Crowley and Brittney came over to us.

Crowley saw the broken lamp. “That was an antique” he said.

“Sorry” I muttered.

“Well, how’d it go? Did he buy the girl scout cookies?” Dean asked.

“Not yet. I’ll be back” He went to walk off. “You going somewhere?” Brit asked.

“Well, he wont budge. So now I go stick my neck out”

“What are you gonna do?” I asked.

“Exactly the kind of desperate swashbuckel I’ve been trying to avoid. Now I go kick open a hive of demons…this whole bloody ring business better work” he said and then vanished.

Dean stood to his feet and headed off into the bathroom to wash his face. I rubbed my face as I sighed but then I jumped slightly at the sound of the door slamming shut. I turned to see Sam locking Dean in the bathroom and he put a chair in front of it.

“Come on, Sam! Hey! Open the door! Melissa? Brittney? A little help please? Melissa!”

We all ignored him as Sam came over to me and towered over me again. I just stared up at him as I crossed my arms and stood my ground. “I don’t want to have to tie you to a chair, Mel. Cause I will” he threatened.

“Sam, cool your jets, first of all. Secondly, we wouldn’t have brought Brady here if we didn’t think you couldn’t focus on the task at hand…but if you cant control your temper right now, then here…no one is stopping you” I said, handing him the demon knife.

He eyed me at first as he took the knife from me but anger took over his face as he went to walk off but Brit grabbed his arm to stop him. “Sammy, just think about it before you do anything stupid…we do need him…” Brit whispered to him.

His eyes met hers as I saw the gentle gaze he was giving her and then he nodded and walked into the room, to Brady.

“You really think this is a good idea?” she asked me.

“I think it’s what Sam needs…don’t you think he’ll do the right thing?”

“I don’t even know what the right thing is anymore, let alone what Sam thinks the right thing is”

“Wow, Brit, where’s all that faith and trust you’ve been shoving down my throat?” I quipped slightly.

She turned to give me a playful glare. “I just…that guy introduced Sam to Jessica, a girl he was so ready to marry…all he did to me was make me go back to Lawrence…”

“And probably stalked you when he wasn’t stalking Sam”

“Well, I’m just saying…I’d kill the son of a bitch if I had the chance”

“Well, I guess we’re lucky Sam isn’t you, then” I said as I hooked an arm around hers and we walked toward the other room.

We both leaned on both sides of the doorway. “Remember when I came back from spring break all messed up? The drugs, the bitches…that was new Brady. That was me…remember how much time you spent trying to get me back on the right track? You really were a good friend…”

Yea, that sounded like Sam…which made me want to kill this SOB even more, just knowing he’s mostly the reason for ruining him.

“But old yellow eyes didn’t send me back to be your friend, no…we could tell that we were starting to lose you, you were becoming mile man worthless sack of piss. Come on, we couldn’t have that. You were our favorite…well, one of our favorites” he said and looked around Sam to wink at me and Brit.

We both glared at him and stared him down but he just smiled and looked back up at Sam. “So, I hooked you up with a pure, sweet, innocent piece of tail…then I toasted her on the ceiling…that’s right, Azazel put the hit out on Jessica but man, I got to have all the fun. Ya know, she thought we were friends too…”

He started to chuckle. “Let me rewrite it…she’s baking cookies…she was so surprised, so hurt when I started in on her…and oh Brittney…she was so easy, so vulnerable to the new world around her. Ambitious to take on life…a little slutty too which made my life just wonderful…I had her tiny, sexy body wrapped around my finger…” he said, all smug.

I glanced at Brit and I could see she wasn’t proud of the history that she created with this dick. Sam lunged forward at Brady and gripped his throat as he pressed the knife up against him. Brit and I jumped off of the doorway and stepped forward but I stopped Brit from going to stop Sam.

“Come on, do it, it’ll make you feel better!” Brady grunted as he grinned.

Don’t talk about her like that” Sam grunted and sliced his throat a little.

“Do it, Sammy. Come on!” Brady taunted.

But, Sam didn’t…he backed off…and he was much more calm. He turned to face us and he walked out way. He handed me the knife back and I stared up into his eyes just nodding and then he looked at Brittney, took her hand and led her into the other room.

I stayed in the room and just kept my arms crossed, smirking smugly at Brady. “What are you smiling at?” he sneered. I shrugged.

“I’d watch myself if I were you…you don’t want to go up against us…it’s all I’m saying”

“What happened?” Dean grunted as I heard Sam get him out and he started coming toward the room. “Nothing” Sam sighed.

“My ass”

“Dean, I’m fine”

“Yea? And what about Brady”

But, then they all came in to the room and I turned to look at all of them. Dean’s eyes went to Brady who was very well alive and then he looked at me. “Like you said…we need him” Sam said.

Dean looked at Sam, then Brit, then he came closer to me and I handed him the knife. “What did you say?” he whispered.

I shrugged. “I just enforced whatever you told him”

Then, I looked around him to Sam and gave him a grateful nod, he did the same to me. Then, Crowley appeared behind them. “God, the day I’ve had” he said and walked in to us and over to Brady. “Good news. You’re going to live forever”

“What did you do?” Brady sighed, hanging his head, slightly.

“Went over to a demon's nest, had a little massacre. Must be losing my touch, though. Let one of the little toads live. Oops. Also might have given said toad the impression that you left your post last night because you and I are...wait for it... Lovers in League Against Satan. Hello darling. So now death is off the table. Now you get to be on the boss's eternal torment list with little old me”

“Oh, no, no, no, no” Brady gritted his teeth.

“Something else we have in common a part from our passion of course. So now, why don’t you tell me where pestilence is at”

But, before Brady could respond…we all heard barks and howls. My stomach churned as I felt my heart race slightly and my eyes went to Dean to make sure he was still standing on his feet and not bleeding out on the ground.

“Oh God, Crowley” Brady groaned and I could hear some panic in his voice.

“Was that a hellhound?” Dean asked and I could also hear the panic in his voice, along with fear. I silently and discreetly got to his side just to feel him closer to me.

“I’d say yea”

“Why was that a hellhound?” Dean and I both demanded…and I hoped no one heard the panic in my voice.

Crowley reached into his pockets and then sighed when he pulled out some kind of coin. “What’s that?” Brit asked.

“Remember I was telling you about my little tracking device?”

“Yea?” we all said.

“Demons planted one on me”

“So, you’re saying a hellhound followed you here?” Sam asked…also scared and nervous.

“Get me outta here and I’ll tell you anything you want” Brady said, trying to break the ropes.

“Shut up” Sam grunted.

“Okay, then we should go” Dean said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world…because it was.

“Sorry kids, no one knows more bout hellhounds than I. You wont get to the end of the driveway” he said and tossed the coin in the air. We all looked up at it and watched it come down into Dean’s hand. But, when we looked up, he was gone.

“Damn it!” I cursed.

“I told you!” Sam grunted. “Oh well good for you” Dean replied.

I could see them both becoming little five year olds right in front of me as they were about to continue arguing.

“Okay!” I yelled over them so they couldn’t go on. “Luckily we have salt in the kitchen” I said and went to walk out. “I’ll go with you” Dean muttered.

I turned to look up at him. “You should stay here, it’s only to the kitchen” I murmured. “Yea, right” he said and walked around me.

I huffed. “Why don’t you ever listen to me?” I grunted as I followed him. “Same reason you never listen to me?” he countered. I froze. “Touché”

Then, I saw the salt as we walked into the kitchen…but the window smashed through and the gust made my hair fly all around as the crash made me almost trip over my own feet. I lunged toward Dean to get him back into the other room and I slammed the doors shut. We ran to get our shotguns as the glass doors shattered. We started to shoot rounds on the hellhound as we backed up into the room with Brady, Sam and Brit.

“The salt?” Brit asked.

I noticed Dean’s eyes just twitched to her but I kept mine on the invisible hound in front of us. “Damn it get me out of here!” Brady begged. “Shut up!” Brit grunted, this time.

“Hey!” another voice called. We all looked up to see Crowley standing in the doorway. “You're back?” Dean asked.

"I'm invested” The hellhound growled. “Stay!”

“You can control them?!” I shouted.

“Not that one. I brought my own. Mine's bigger” he said as he started to pat his hand on the head of the hellhound beside him which seemed to be at least four, maybe five feet tall. “Sick 'em boy!” he commanded.

Dean pulled me out of the way as I grabbed his hand to make sure he was still real and next to me, on his feet. I watched as there were tears in the carpet and blood started to spur out all over the place as the two hellhounds went at it. Dean bent down to use his knife and scratch the paint of the devils trap and Sam untied Brady’s ropes to set him free.

“Go, go, go, go” I said quickly as we all rushed out a backdoor and got outside. Brit and I got in the truck and headed off with us behind all the guys in the Impala.

By the time the sun went down, we got to a dark alley. “Yea I’m sure Pestilence will be there, thanks” Brady said smugly as he handed Crowley a piece of paper with writing on it.

He came over to me and Dean and handed him the paper. “What do you think?” he asked.

“It’s good. Got no reason to lie, have you? Like I said before, you’re in my boat now”

I walked over to the truck to get out the salt. “You’ve screwed me. For eternity” Brady said, angrily.

“Nah, wont last that long. Trust me”

“Where are you going?” Brit asked.

“Going to do you a favor…expect we’ll be in touch”

I started to make a salt line from one wall to the other. Crowley came over to me and I stopped, leaving him some room to slide through the spot I didn’t salt. I looked up at him and he nodded at me once as he walked on through. I just shook my head and finished salting.

I set the can of salt down and walked back over to the others as well just stared down Brady. “What is this?”

I just shook my head, hanging it slightly. “All those angels…” Brit started. “All those demons…” I added.

“All those sons of bitches…they just don’t get it, do they, Sammy” Dean finished.

“No, they don’t, Dean”

“You see, Brady…like I said before…you don’t want to go up against us” I said. “We’re the ones you should be afraid of” Dean added.

So, then as Brit, Dean and I all stood side by side, we watched Sam start to approach Brady with the knife. “I bet this is a real moment for you big boy. Will it make you feel all better?” Brady asked.

“It’s a start”

“It’s gonna make up for all the times that we yanked your chain? Yellow eyes, Ruby, me…it wasn’t all our fault though, no, no. You’re the one that trusted us…let us into your life…whisper in your ear over and over again. You ever wonder why that is Sammy? You ever wonder why we were so in your blind spot? Maybe it’s because we got same stuff in our veins and deep down you know you’re just like us” Brady monologued as his back hit the wall while Sam was stalking forward.

Then, Brady lunged forward but Sam dodged his attack and sliced a little bit of Brady’s arm. “Maybe you hate us so much because you hate what you see every time you look in mirror…every time you look at Brittney, even. She’s the same as you and me too…maybe only difference between you two and a demon is that your hell is right here”

Then, without hesitating, Sam just went forward and stabbed Brady in the gut and then letting him fall to the ground. “Interesting theory” he said and then walked back toward us.

Without saying a word, he just looked at Brittney and she took his hand as we headed back to the Impala and the truck. Dean and I exchanged a look and then just looked down slightly. What were we going to get ourselves into next?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333