Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Familiar

Sunny's POV

My entire head seemed to be on spin. I couldn't think straight, my sleep was all fucked up, and I just wanted it all to shut off. Some days, I laid in bed all day, until mom dragged me out of it. 

It was terrible.

I stayed to myself, worked, ate and moved around on my own, after a while. I didn't feel like seeing anyone, I didn't want the world to knowledge me. I only prayed I would fall into oblivion. 

Even as I shut the world off, Drew still came around. He got me off my ass to go for a walk, go with me to my finger appointments, or watch a simple movie. 

I couldn't watch some of my favorite movies without thinking of Frank. I saw him in my dreams, stupid drawings I did, and in the lettering of my essays; it was pathetic. I hated being this way; I hated Frank, I hated everyone.

At school, it was almost as worse. Kids would snicker and point at me; for reason, unbeknown to me. I would keep my head down and keep my mouth shut. I would see Marilyn (I resorted to calling her by her first name), she was still with her popular clique. They all seemed to get a kick out of kicking me; they would write rude things on my locker and call me names like Groupie, Slut, Whore and, my favorite, Dyke. 

I didn't speak, I just kept my mouth shut. I didn't give them the satisfaction of yelling or cursing back. I spent my time on homework and my job. I was planning on getting my own car the week before Spring Break.
-

I made myself get up that Saturday, a week before break, and walk into town. My hand was better, no cast; a long scar next to the other, and I still had to do the exercises, and Mom would be getting off of work soon to take me, so I had to kill time. 

I started getting into grosser horror movies, shows, and comics; I was terrible with the names and the illustrators. The comic book store was a nice place to go; it was quiet, clean and a little entertaining.

The warm weather made me feel a lot better when I stepped out of the house. The smell of Spring filled my senses and brought back good memories of my childhood. I stuffed my hands into my sagging black jean shorts, and walked down the block. I couldn't help but notice how wonderful the weather was.

I walked down into town, and to the comic book shop. I hated being in there too long, I felt like an idiot that I didn't know too much about comics.

"Hey Sunny," Cameron waved to me.

"Hey," my heavy voice surprised me, "how are you Cam?" I had barely seen him since I denounced the world of my existence.

"I'm cool," he smiled as I walked to the counter, "you don't look to well," he noted.

I shrugged, "Been sick," I lied.

He put his hand on shoulder, "You don't have to lie to me, Sun."

I shook my head, "I've been hating the world lately," I admitted, "I've been getting into more music and books."

Cam squeezed my shoulder and took it away, "Well we got a few new comics in," he told me.

I nodded, "Thanks."

I roamed around the comics and didn't take my time looking. I was just wasting time to meet mom. I looked around toward the murder and hero scenes. I wasn't big on comics, names were terrible to me. 

I moved toward the back, popping my gum and kept my hands in my pockets. I just stared at them, squinting and trying to read the titles. I moved sideways and bumped into someone, causing the person to drop a bunch of comics.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized quickly, piling up the stacks of comics scattered.

"It's alright," the funny, hazy voice was familiar.

I looked up and saw Gerard, "Gee?" his messy dark hair was in his face.

He smiled, "Sunny?" he stood up and held the pile, "How are you sugar?"

I picked up my pile, "I'm good," I felt a little spark light in me, "and you?"

He shrugged, "I'm alright, I'm just geeking out."

I chuckled, "Me, too. I've been getting into a lot of books and comics lately," I shrugged again, "what are you doing here?"

He tweaked his mouth, "Radio show, a concert and a photo shoot," he listed off.

"Wow, busy, busy," I giggled softly.

"Yeah, uh, Frank told me about this place and I decided to check it out," my smile faded as soon as he said his name.

"Are you buying all these?" I moved quickly.

"Yep," he and I started towards the register, "what are you getting?"

"I'm really terrible with comics, I just read them when I get bored."

Gee eyed me with a smile, "Well, you should really read some of the gruesome stuff."

I nodded again and put the pile on the counter, "I should really get going," I looked down at my dirty shoes, "I'll see you, yeah?" Gee gave me a little frown.

"Wait," he turned to me, as Cameron rang up his comics, "did you get our present?"

I raised my brow, "Present?"

"A couple of weeks ago, Frank sent you flowers and a little brown box."

"Oh...yeah, why?"

"Did you open it?" he looked a little disappointed.

"No, it's in my drawer...I didn't know it was from you."

"We thought it'd cheer you up," he smiled at me, "you should open it."

"I don't think--"

He cut me off, "Just open it, Sunny!"

I smiled, and nodded, "Okay."

"Now give me a hug, dammit!"

I chuckled, hugging Gee; those familiar scents hit my nostrils. I had to order myself to let go, I wanted to hold him for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short, but I wanted update; yes, even during class :)
Thanks again for the comments and subscriptions, you guys are amazing!