Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

I Know How She Felt

Frank's POV

I knew something was going on with Sunny and Mikey, I just knew it. It ate at me as they joked, smiled and laughed with each other. It also pained me when I looked at her and knew that she was over me. It killed to know it was a fact. 

Sunny was over me.

I don't think I ever cried over a girl before, but once I was alone, I cried over Sunny. I cried. I mean, I fucking shed tears over her. Even as I did, I knew I wouldn't let her go so easily. I just couldn't.

"Just drop it, man, it's over," Gerard told me when they left together.

"I can't," I struggled out to him, "I won't, it isn't fair!"

He eyed me, "You cheated in her. She left you. She is just hanging with Mikey. Let it go."

Gerard shook it away so easily, but I couldn't. I wouldn't, I wouldn't let her go.
-

I went back to the hotel, spotting Sunny's car, and the little Ramones sticker on the back window. I knew she was with Mikey, and I was gonna confront her again. I had to let her know how I felt. I was pretty sure Mikey had told her about Marilyn and I, so I was prepared to tell her my stupid plan, that obviously didn't work.

I went up the elevator, down the corridors and towards Mikey's room. I slowed my pace as I heard familiar moaning. I stopped in my tracks when I heard Mikey's name being called. My stomach turned as the moans grew louder; I knew it was Sunny.

I rushed down the hall and toward his room. The moaning was even louder, I swear, it was like I was in the room with them. My blood boiled, and I fought the urge to tear down the door.

I pressed my ear to the door and listened. I listened to the love of my life have meaningless sex with my friend. It was disgusting, it turned my stomach. It made me so fucking angry.

"...Sunny," I heard Mikey moan.

I leaned away, staring at the hard, wood door. I closed my eyes, clenching my fist, and trying to calm myself. I couldn't hold back when I heard her call his name back; I ran away from the door, and down to the elevators. I rushed in, pressing the lobby button and then placing my palms to my face.

I knew how she felt.

I knew the hate Sunny felt.

The rage and anger, the hurt. I felt it all. I began to cry as I thought of how I hurt her. I didn't know how I would feel if I found out she was sleeping with my friend, but now I did. It fucking hurt. It fucking sucked!

I knew I had to vent, and I knew I couldn't let them know that I had caught them. I decided to go get a tattoo. The pain of that would heal me, at least for the moment.
-

My chest was sore when I got back to the hotel. I had gotten a star tattooed on my left collar bone; something that was easy and wouldn't keep me gone too long.

I met Gerard in the lobby, just as he was coming in. He smiled at me, and nodded.

"Hey, where'd you go?" he asked as I joined him in the elevator.

"Tattoo shop," I pressed the 6 button.

"What'd you get?"

"A star," I pulled the collar of my tight Cure shirt and showed him the little black star.

"Cute," he giggled poking it, "why'd you get it?"

"I dunno," I lied, "needed something."

Gerard raised his brow, but didn't push. We made it up the rest of the way and walked down the corridor. Mikey was coming out his room as we walked up; it took a lot to keep me from yelling at him.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked.

"Where's Sunny?" Gee asked as we reentered the room.

"She went to work," he said nonchalantly.

I bit my bit, hard, and followed behind. I looked at the beds, wondering which he had taken her on. I couldn't help my thoughts, I was feeling sad and angry. 

"Did you get Anchorman?" Gee asked, sitting on the bed.

"Yeah, I just finished it," he said, "Sunny had to go before the end."

I sat on the bed, palming it, it was made. I wondered if it were the other bed, that they were sitting in, that he had slept with her. 

"You bought Animal House?" Gee asked.

"No, that's hers."

I looked up, but tried to hide the fact that I shot up so quickly. I sunk back into the bed, wondering if she had laid her head here. 

"What do you wanna watch?" Gee asked me.

"Uh, I don't care, whatever's good," I answered quickly.

They started to watch the Crow. I sat up, watching too, but not paying attention. The only thing on my mind was Sunny.

Gee's cell started ringing, our mesmerized minds looked over. He grimaced, got up and left the room.

Mikey and I were alone now. The tension was thick, I was staring at him, wondering what he was thinking.

"What?" he asked looking back at me.

"I heard you guys," I spilled anxiously, "I heard you two earlier."

He looked at me, confused, "What?"

"You and Sunny. Fucking in here, I heard you."

He soften his gaze and bit at his lip, "What are you talking about?" he tried to deny it.

"I heard her, I heard you...call her name. And I'm not stupid, I know the way she moans."

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me, unsure of what to say, "So are you gonna fight me now?" he wondered.

"No," I told him truthfully, "I finally felt the pain Sunny felt. All the anger, that undying hurt. I know what it feels like."

Mikey looked over at me, "You really fucking love her, huh?"

I nodded, "I love her, Mikey; more than she'll ever know."

He looked a little taken back, "We aren't...y'know, we were just messing around," he confessed, "I don't think I wanna take it further...I mean since you know."

I shrugged, "She's over me."

Mikey tweaked his lips, "She's just looking for someone to love her, Frank. Someone who will be there for her, be a friend, and be honest."

I raised my brow, "She told you all that?"

"You can see it."

I thought for a moment, "How do I get her to talk to me?"

"Go to her, tell her everything, the truth, and tell her how you feel, tell her how much you love her. And most of all, listen. Listen to everything she says."

"I've done that," I told him.

"So?" he shrugged, "Do it again, and surprise her, none of that flowers shit, give her, her favorite candies, or bring her one of her favorite movies or books. And then hold her," he held himself, showing me, "hug her tight, and kiss her like your life depended on it."

I shook my head, "Really, that's all?"

He nodded, "She really likes your song Yesterday, but she can't being herself to listen to it, so try singing it to her."

I nodded, too, "When do you think I should do this?"

He tweaked his lips, again, "Hmm...Monday! Monday, Me, Ray and Bob are going to St. Louis for some radio show."

I sighed, happily, hoping I could pull it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little view on how Frank feels...what do you think? I felt a little sad writing this one; and is it too long? I wrote this one really fast, too, and it looks long on my documents.