Status: Depends who's updating XD Send us some love people, keep this story strong x

Take No Prisoners

Chapter 20

Sunshine Suicide


I blinked a few times. My eyes were sore from the glare of the glowing electric light bulb that was hanging from the ceiling. It was a pretty old-school kinda thing. Not one you’d find in a modern day building. So this place must have been quite old.

Once my eyes had stopped blurring my surroundings, and grown accustomed to the light, I finally had the chance to look around where I was. I had woken to find myself wrapped in blankets on a makeshift bed. But this was a place I didn’t recognize and that usually meant danger.

“Oh, you’re awake.” A blond man said, making me jump. He had been sat in a chair in the corner of the room that I hadn’t noticed.

My concentration must have been off because I would never have gotten myself into such a vulnerable position before now. The man could have been a draculoid for all I knew.

I reached for my gun belt to automatically pull out my yellow ray gun.

But it wasn’t there.

Hissing under my breath, I reached the small knife which i kept hidden in a pocked I had made for my bra, not many people would go looking for knives in there which kept the element of surprise. I tried to hold it up to the man’s face, but as I only came up to his shoulders I was at a slight disadvantage.

“Who are you?” I asked calmly, holding the knife to his throat instead.

“Keep your hair on Sunshine, I’m keeping you safe.” He answered, backing slowly away from me and my knife.

“How do you know my name?!” I demanded, taking a step forward.

“Because your crazy friend kept yelling it when we got here, the mad girl? Dusty?” He smirked slightly.

I lowered my knife. He took another step back until he was flat against the wall. (It wasn’t a big room). “Go and get her.”

“I’d love to, but you’ve got me pinned to this wall. I’ll get her if you pay me.” He smirked again.

I’d love to carve his smirk into his handsome face.

“I have no money.” I stated, raising my knife once more to his throat. “How about I kill you instead?”

He laughed at me.

He actually laughed at me. No joke.

“I was meaning more sexual favours but whatever floats your boat baby.” He winked at me rather suggestively.

“Never in your wildest fantasies.” I said, my voice dripping with as much venom as I could muster.

“Oh sugar, in my wildest fantasies we’ve done things you could never imagine. If you let me on my way I will fetch your crazy friend for you.” He said, placing both of his hands on my shoulders and pushing me out of the way, despite the fact that the blade of my knife was pressed against his jugular.

I staggered backwards, even though he looked rather skinny he was holding back strength. It was best that way, and we were quite similar, to the unseen eye I would look like an 18 year old school girl, not a 23 year old trained fighter. It usually works in my favour that way.

“Go and get her then dipshit.” I muttered.

“Going, going, gone...” He was saying as he walked through the door leading to what I guessed to be other rooms in the house. I wasn’t too sure.

I put my hand to the spot on my arm which had been infected and noticed it had not caused me any discomfort in the time I had been awake, a bandage was still wrapped around it, but it didn’t look swollen or bloody.

Pretty soon he arrived back with Dusty in tow, I hadn’t moved an inch, or at all for that matter.

“Sunshine! You are awake!” She cried, and I swear tears came from her eyes when she was saying that. She flung her arms around my skinny shoulders and I stiffened at the obvious caring in her blood. She was too nice for this.

“10 points for observation.” I muttered under my breath, but not loud enough for anyone to hear but me.

She eventually let me go, and I relaxed instantly. Friendship was weird; I don’t think I’d ever understand it and I don’t think I’d want too.

“Who’s that?” I nodded in the vague direction of the blond guy who stood beside Dusty as awkwardly as I felt.

“This is Kobra Kid? He saved your life Sunny.” She smiled.

I growled at the way she said ‘Sunny’ as though it were a mere nickname and not an alias.

She gazed at him in awe and it made me wonder whether she liked him or something. He was reasonably attractive I suppose, if you like that rugged handsomeness. Which I do.

“Do you not remember him? You spoke to him when we first got here...” She giggled.

“Wait... How long have we been here?” I asked, suddenly worried. I didn’t want to get too far behind schedule.

“Only a few days, that medicine they gave you must have been strong stuff to erase your memory as well. But at least your arm is better.” She spoke quickly.

“Do you ever shut up.” I said quite rudely considering she had been so kind to me.

But there was one thing I’d realized in all of this. I’d let myself get too close to people who would kill me if it suited their own goals, and I’d nearly died trying to get my own. I had to avoid these people and carry on with what I needed to achieve. BLI had torn my family apart, and it would tear or little band of outcasts apart if we didn’t let it go before hand, we were acting like friends, and we were nowhere close. It had shown us where our true loyalties should lie, and mine weren’t here.

I looked up to see the reaction my words had caused, Dusty looked a little shocked, but not really bothered, but I noticed the ghost of a laugh on Kobra Kids lips. One that Dusty could not have seen as he was behind her.

“Sorry, I’ve just been worried that they were going to poison you and that you wouldn’t wake up.” She whispered.

I didn’t know what else, to do so I placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled slightly, this was my way of an apology which she would understand because unlike so many others Dusty understood me and the way I was. She would know.

“Shall we go and find the others? I’m sure they will be pleased that you are well again.” She grinned again.

“I doubt it...” I muttered.

Kobra did not move, and his expression was blank. “I’ll go and tell Party Poison and the others that you’re awake.”

He showed no trace of the joviality that he had been displaying earlier when teasing me.

Then he just walked away and I tried to ignore the fluttering in my stomach from when he had touched me.