Status: Working Progress

Beauty and the Beast

Chapter 5

The rest of the evening was spent skating and talking and just having fun. Everyone adored Justin which actually made me rather annoyed. I didn’t really want him hanging around my friends but I knew they liked him and I wasn’t going to say anything. Maybe they would be the ones to ground him and show him how to be a normal teenager. Everyone was sat around the campfire drinks in hand, laughing at some story Justin had just told about being on tour. He had a lot of funny stories. Maybe having Justin around wasn’t so bad.

I grabbed myself another drink before heading back to sit between Adam and Maria. Adam was talking to his friend Joe, so I turned to talk to Maria.

“What do you think of Justin in person then?” I asked. She smiled brightly.

“I don’t really understand why he is here? I mean I know they say he was acting all diva and shit, but honestly he seems like a nice guy. I know you don’t like him but even you must see that.” She was right. I did see that. He didn’t seem any more stuck up and arrogant than your next pop star. In fact he seemed pretty well grounded for a teenager with his level of fame.

“I don’t hate him. He seems to be fitting in well.” I commented.

“Everyone seems to like him. I wasn’t really expecting that. I don’t think you were either though.” She was right; it was the last thing I expected. I was glad though. It would make having him here all that much easier.

I continued my conversation with Maria, talking about everything. That’s what I loved about Maria. I could tell her everything and anything. She always knew how to make me feel better and see things rationally. She never lied to me though, she never told me things would be okay when they wouldn’t. She just made me accept reality and see the bright side of it. We could talk about anything from the most trivial things to the most important things. She was always there to listen and I was always there for her. Ellie wasn’t so good with words. I loved her though.

The evening was running smoothly and it was around two in the morning. I knew we’d have to leave soon. Maria and Ellie still had school in the morning, and I could feel myself beginning to sway on my feet. I’d had too much to drink. By this point everyone was well and truly drunk. I stood up and walked over to Maria and Ellie who were talking with Bella.

“Guys I think we should leave. I don’t feel to good and you two have school tomorrow. You can crash at mine.” I managed to slur. They both agreed, their words slurred as well. I turned to walk over to Justin but just as I did I heard the most horrendous crack. It sounded like someone being hit. I looked over to find Justin straddling Adam, punching him repeatedly in the face. Adam managed to flip Justin off of him and pin him before punching him in the face. Justin managed to worm his way out from underneath Adam. He stood quickly bringing his foot into contact with his ribs and I could have sworn I heard a crack. Adam who was already on his knees dropped to the floor clutching his ribs shouting.

“You’re a sick fuck. Back the fuck off or I’ll do worse next time.” Justin snarled as he spat on Adam. I stood shocked. I hadn’t been expecting that. Maria was stood next to me crying. My mind was whirling and I didn’t know what to do. I snapped back to reality when Justin walked towards me. His lip was split pouring blood.

“He’s a dick.” Was all Justin said before walking past me and heading in the direction of home.

“Follow him.” I said to Maria and Ellie. Ellie nodded and began to drag the still crying Maria back to my house. I tentatively walked over to Adam and knelt down beside him.

“Are you okay?” I whispered.

“Do I fucking look okay?” He growled, causing me to jump back in fear. I looked him over. He had what looked like the start of a rather large painful bruise over his left eye. His lip was also split and his nose was bleeding although it didn’t look broken. He was clutching painfully at his ribs that I was sure were broken.

“No. Sorry. You should go to the hospital. If your ribs have splintered they could puncture a lung.” I stated robotically.

“Sorry Lyric. I didn’t mean to snap. Help me up?” My heart melted. Of course he hadn’t meant it. Justin was wrong about Adam. He was a nice kind guy. I’d never seen Adam so much as glare at a person before tonight. He was just in a lot of pain. I did as he asked and helped him to his feet.

“I should go to the hospital.” He agreed as he doubled over in pain.

“I’d take you but I’ve had too much to drink.” I admitted.

“It’s okay I haven’t had anything. I’ll take him.” Joe offered. I nodded in return.

“Be careful and call me to tell me what happens?” I was nervous. Justin had done some serious damage. He nodded and smiled as he followed Joe to where his car was parked.

I watched him as he barely managed to climb in the car and I felt the anger begin to rise in me. Why the hell had Justin done this?! What on earth could possess him to beat the shit out of someone for no reason!

I felt the alcohol begin to wear off and adrenaline take its place. I began to race home, determined to have a go at Justin. He had no right to do this. I opened the door, ignoring Amber as she jumped up at me. I stormed up the stairs and barged into Justin’s room without knocking. He was lying on his bed staring up at the ceiling.

“What the hell Justin?” I screeched.

“Hey. If I’m not allowed in your room, you aren’t allowed in mine.” He said calmly.

“Fuck off. What the hell was that about? You’ve broken his ribs! He can barely walk!” How could he be so calm about this?

“He deserved worse.” Justin muttered, still staring at the ceiling.

“No! He didn’t! What the hell did he do to you to deserve that?”

“Nothing. He did nothing to me.” He still wasn’t looking at me and it was making me more and more angry.

“Fucking look at me!” I screamed.

“FINE! He’s a douche okay. I hit him because he’s a douche. Just fuck off will you Lyric? Ask your boyfriend why I hit him!” His eyes were ablaze and I felt fear rise in me. I felt my throat close and I wasn’t as confident as I was before.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I managed to grumble.

“Try telling him that.” Justin whispered. He was back on his bed staring at the ceiling.

“Grow up Justin. You could have killed him tonight. Maybe I do understand why you are here after all.” I felt disappointment, I thought maybe Justin was different than I thought it turned out I was wrong.

“I’m not sorry.” I was sure I heard him whisper just before I shut his bedroom door behind me. I walked into my room before stripping down to my underwear. I couldn’t be bothered to put on any pyjamas so I just crawled under the covers. I lay there for a while feeling the tears fall. I can’t believe I had thought Justin was a good person. I can’t believe I thought I could begin to trust him. Thought he might fit in. I was worried about Adam as well. I hoped he was okay. I hadn’t received a phone call. Eventually I felt myself slip into a deep dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics House

Another update for you guys! I hope you enjoy :P I thought you might like to see how I kind of imagined her house to look. Well some of it ahaha :)