Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Dealing.

I went numb. Crying became an hourly event for that next week. Christmas had become my new hated holiday.
The new year came in, everyone stayed quiet at 12am while I sat on the couch curled up staring out the window. Quietness invaded the room. Everyone looked away from one another; acting like statues. Except for me, I seemed to be the only one breathing, the only one needing to blink, to have a heartbeat to keep me going. Everyone else could just stop. Stop what they did and sit their, for hours, days, months, years. It wouldn't matter because nothing would happen to them. Unlike me, the only human in the room. They couldn't rot away.

I got up, letting my body control me out the room and up the stairs. I headed straight to Jimmy's room and into his bed.
I lied their looking out the dark window. The door slowly opened and then shut again. I couldn't hear any footsteps but I soon felt the blankets fix around me. He softly sighed before getting up and leaving the room. Familiar tears rolled down my cheeks. I was ruining his life. Death shouldn't have been bothering me this badly if I wanted to die anyways. I sighed. There was no doubting my choices now. I had one fate to follow and that was to become one of them.

The next few days past and when it was time to return back to school I was more than happy.

I got out of the car. And inhaled the cool morning air. Walking through the halls weren't that easy the first day back though. It didn't take long for my news to travel through town. A few teachers gave me surprised looks, probably not expecting me back right away. I gave them a light smile continuing on.

“Emily. I'm so sorry” I looked up to see Jenny the blond everyone knew as the smart, school president. “Thanks” I spoke. And she hugged me quickly. It was no doubly weird to have random people come up to you and hug you but since my parents funerals I had gotten used to the whole thing.
The final report on my parents deaths was nothing. There was no trace of anything on them, besides whatever it was that got to them was fast and that they probably didn't see it coming. I was kind of thankful for that. But at the same time I knew what killed them, so did Jimmy, Brian, Zack, Cee, Matt and Johnny.

“I'm tired” Johnny yawned at lunch. I frowned. “He has you out so late...it has to stop, clearly nothing has been found” I spoke picking at my piece of pizza in front of me. “Yeah, I think we've scared him off” he spoke. I nodded slowly and got up. “I'll tell him to stop ok” “I don't know Em, he's really hooked on finding this person, he won't lay off until he has them dead” he warned frowning. “This has to stop” I sternly spoke and I knew for a fact he'd listen to me.

“Here you can take the car back, I have homework to finish before PE” He handed me his keys. I nodded and headed for the main doors.
I officially called the Vamp house home. I had no worries their and I enjoyed it their even though the past few weeks were teary and miserable. I walked into the house and dropped my things off in the kitchen. “Hello?” I spoke out. I got no response.
I walked past the empty living room and walked upstairs. Everyone was probably still fast asleep. Jimmy had them running day in and day out trying to search for this, person thing.
I opened the bedroom door and found him sleeping away. Though he didn't exactly look like he was sleeping well. I sighed and sat next to him placing my hand on his cheek. “You're home” he grumbled eyes still closed. “Yes” “And Johnny didn't drive you did he” he spoke anger tinting his voice. “No, Johnny didn't drive me home, now relax, have you seen your friends lately?” I asked. “They're running around ramped like chickens with their heads cut off, Jimmy this, thing isn't around anymore, no one else is harmed because they aren't around” I spoke. “Yes, but that doesn't mean they can't return!” he snapped harshly at me eyes opening to reveal that they were pitch black. He sat up. “I will not stop until I find them, I refuse to give up now” he spoke through greeted teeth. I didn't flinch, move, or back away. “Really now, even if you kill all your friends first?” I asked standing up off the bed. He gave me a dark look. Usually I wouldn't piss him off this badly nor would I stick up and continue to feed the fire.

“Emily, they're fine, I'm more worried about protecting you than anyone else in this house!” he stood up staring down at me. “Really, because the last time I remembered, they were my family, and yours too!” I snapped and spun around storming out of the room. He ran past me and stood in front of me in the hall. “Don't walk away from me, and don't fucking tell me what to do” he seethed. I glared at him. “Don't you fucking order me around, I don't fucking care what you are, you don't fucking stop me now move!” I yelled. He glared down at me and moved. I walked past him and past all the opened doors with faces looking out them. They all glared back at Jimmy as I moved past them. This wasn't where I wanted this to end up. I needed my family their for me. I wasn't in any mood to conquer a war before hand.