Sequel: Chasing Claudia
Status: FIN... again!

Goth & Donut

It's Raining Men

I woke up from my room, wondering if someone else was there with me. I felt it the whole night. All I can remember was saying good night to Claude before heading to sleep. We were watching “Troll 2” from my laptop to entertain ourselves after what happened at dinner. Maybe I should’ve stayed and suck it up but the sight of Brittany and Drew getting all mushy around me was sickening that I had to get out of there. I’m not jealous of Brittany at all. I’m sure she’s a great girl. But I still don’t have a boyfriend. It’s not that I don’t want one, at least for now, but I feel that I’m not datable for a guy. Guys want a pretty girl, in which I am not. Yeah I have the pretty hair and all but I’m not WAG material, let alone girlfriend material. What happened a few years ago was a reminder of that. While I appreciate Luke, Claude, and Steven’s complements, deep down they wouldn’t want be caught with a girl like me.

After taking a long hot shower, I sort out what I was going to wear. Drew and the boys were at the ballroom beginning Hell Day and Claude drove back to Ottawa to start off-season training. I was left with only Brittany to spend time with but even she wasn’t great company if she’s going to talk about how great Drew was in bed. Luckily, I knew someone in town I can pay a visit to.

I’ve finally found what I was going to wear. I found a hot pink tank with some dark blue skinny jeans to wear. It felt uncomfortable to wear my Converse sneakers, so I wore flip flops instead. I’ve made sure I had my knee brace on before putting those jeans. After getting dressed, I looked myself in the mirror. I remember what my grandmother told me a couple of weeks ago before Prom. Were Drew and Abuela right all along? Was I trying to hide my true self? I remember how it was in Grade 8 in Quebec; the teasing, the whispers, the looks. Everyone knew what happened the summer and I was sent to the stake by everyone.

Getting the past off my mind, I left my room and headed to the elevator. Just when I was about to go in, I see Brittany enter. She looked visibly upset.

“Hey, Brittany.” I said as I pressed the lobby button. “What’s wrong?”

“Drew never came back last night.” Brittany pouted. “He said he was going to get some ice but he never came back to the room.”

“I’m sure he did but didn’t want to wake you up.”

“But he’s my boyfriend. He supposed to be with me, not with those guys.” Brittany continued to whine about not having Drew in her bed. I don’t understand these kind of girls; the needy, possessive types. I’m sure she’s a nice girl and all but one thing Drew doesn’t like are clingy girls. “At least I’ll see him later. Where are you going?”

“Visiting my friend Rene in town.” With that the elevator door open and I walked out. “If you see Drew or the boys before I do, tell them I’ll see them later.”

I’m walking down the streets of Church Street in Toronto to find the building number. Rene just moved into his new home very recently and I wanted to check it out.

“Well hello, Tinker Bell!” Rene said, looking fabulous by the door. It may be 11 in the morning, but Rene always had to look his best regardless what time of the day is it. “Come here, baby girl!” Rene took me in with a hug and led me inside. His apartment had plenty of costumes. He was always into costumes, even as kids. When Rene, my other friend Pricilla and I were kids, he would join us as we play with Barbie and Candy Land. I have always known he was gay but he’s “coming out” moment to me was when we were watching Canadiens game and told me how hot Sheldon Souray was. Then again, I don’t blame him having a crush on him. “So anything to drink for the princess?”

“What do you have?” I sat down on one of his plushy couches. Despite all the clothes around the apartment, his place is neat and nicely done.

“I have some orange juice, cranberry juice, blowjob shots—“

“Too early for shots. I’ll have some OJ.”

“But if the gloves don’t fit, we must acquit!” Rene laughed as he quoted the famous Johnny Cochran line. “Orange juice it is.” He returned with a glass of orange juice and we sat on the couch. “So what brings you to Tee Dot?”

“My friend Drew is here for the NHL Combine and is cheering him on.”

“Oh that Drew.” Rene interrupted. “The hockey player you texted me about going to the Prom with you? Gold medal winning Drew?”

“If you put it that way, yeah the same one.”

“Oh goodness he’s a cutie! Did you sleep with him yet?”

“Oh hell no.” I spat half my juice out. “He has a girlfriend. Plus he’s my friend.”

“You know there is a thing called ‘friends with benefits’”.

“Shut it, Rene. Anyway, I didn’t come here not to talk about Drew. I came over to give you an answer.”

“If it’s about blow job advice, sorry I play for the other team.”

“Actually, I gave a lot of thought and I hope the offer stands on finding a roommate.”

“Of course I would love to have you here.”

The rest of the afternoon, Rene showed me around the neighborhood and where he works at. We caught up with everything, including what was going on back home. Sadly, I didn’t want to think about home, at least for the rest of the day.

Once I came back to the hotel, I see Brittany checking out what was going on at the Combine. Her eyes were glued to what there’s to see from the door. I thought I should join her.

“Peeking?” I startled her as we both look on. “Wow, pretty intense stuff.”

“Yeah. They’re torturing my poor Drewy.” Brittany whined as we continued to peek. “I have to admit one of his friends is very hot.”

“The one with the Romeo face?” I asked, referring to Luke.

“No, the really blonde one Steven.” Brittany signed as I looked at Steven. He does have a nice body but I don’t see him as a hot guy anymore. I see him now as a new friend. “Look at those muscles, the hair, those legs.”

“Hello, there’s Drew.”

“Yeah he’s a chubby bunny despite the weight lost.” Brittany then pointed out Michael Del Zotto, who looks a bit like Drew but with shaggier hair. “Now that’s an Adonis.”

“Brittany, remember. Drew. Boyfriend.” I whispered as I looked at the guys in the room. For some reason my eyes were glued on Drew. I’ve never seen him without a shirt and thought he doesn’t look fat at all. As a matter of fact, he looks healthy. He’s not as buff as Steven or has the prettiest face like Luke, or an Adonis like Michael but he’s got a great body. My focus went to the other prospects. Tyler was very tall, so tall he should join the NBA instead. Michael does have a great body as well. Same goes for Zach, who I’ve heard might be competing for the 2nd spot in the draft. “You have to admit Drew is keeping up with the other guys here.”

“Yeah but seriously look at Michael. I hope he doesn’t go to the NHL right away.” Brittany laughed I continued to look. “Oh you didn’t know. I’m only with Drew because the sex is great.” My mouth dropped at that confession so before I would grab her hair and beat her senseless, I just started to walk away. Drew doesn’t deserve that at all. But it’s not my relationship to get in the way or to question. Even if I tell him, he probably won’t believe me over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to bring up Del Zotto because that boy's body is sick!