Sequel: Chasing Claudia
Status: FIN... again!

Goth & Donut

I Can Get Any Girl I Want

*6 months later*

“Wayne, stop beating me.” I told my friend and roommate Wayne as we’re playing a game off the Xbox.

“You know you can’t beat me.” He laughed as he got up and raised his arms up like a champion. I knew Wayne Simmonds since World Juniors and now that we’re sharing a house in LA, it was like old times. “Any luck of talking that girl?”

“I haven’t spoken to or seen her since All-Star Weekend.” I put my controller down and grabbed a bottle of Gatorade. “It sucks but she said she needed to find herself before giving that to someone else. I feel like I fucked up our friendship over that because since then I all heard is that she’s with her relatives and whatnot.”

I had that kiss replayed in my mind for the past several months. It was everything I could hope for. Yet, it was bad timing. She shared with me plenty of details about her past and I felt I used that vulnerability to gain a kiss out of her. I’m not surprised that she doesn’t want to speak to me.

“Guys! Guys!” Jack Jackson walked into my living room. Jack is visiting from his off-season residence in Michigan to look for a house. For the past couple of years he’s been living in an apartment and now decided to upgrade. “Guess what?”

“You got Evan Lysacek’s autograph?” Wayne laughed, referring to the reigning World Figure Skating Champion who trains in the same facility.

“No. I got a date!” Jack smiled as he reached for the bag of nachos. “I met her at the local Jumba Juice in Manhattan Beach. She’s cute.”

“Well, good for you!” I rolled my eyes as took a sip off my drink.

“You’re still bummed out about that high school friend, Dewy? That happened months ago.”

“Don’t ask, Jack!” Wayne interrupted. “Drew, it’s okay. There are plenty of hot girls to go through in this beautiful city.”

“You’re right, Wayne. I shouldn’t be worried about it. I’m 19, young, hot, can get any girl I want.” I wasn’t going to let Janelle’s rejection get the best of me.

After bullshitting with Wayne and Jack, I went to the beach in Santa Monica to clear my head. Every time I tried to call her, all I got is that she’s with her grandparents in Quebec or visiting her maternial uncle in London. It seems like I never seem to catch her. Even when I stopped by Guelph, she wasn’t there. Just as I was sitting down, I took out my phone and talk to the only person who I feel would know what is going on with her. Luke.

“Hello?” Luke answered, breathless.

“Luke? Are you okay? You sound like you’re out of breath.”

“Sorry. It’s just I was… well you know.” Luke laughed as I heard some kissing sounds from his line.

“Okay. Sorry to disturb you and make me feel bad about not hooking up.”

“It’s okay. What’s up?”

“I was wondering about Janelle. Been thinking about her lately and thought you know what was going on.”

“She haven’t told you?”

“Told me what?”

“She moved out of Toronto after we came back from All Star Weekend.”

“You’re kidding me. She went back to Guelph? Quebec? Her uncle’s place?” I was beginning to wonder where she was.

“No. Your own backyard!”

“Come again, Schenn!”

“She moved to California! I’m surprised she didn’t tell you. I promise I won’t tell you because she said she needed to get settled first.”

“What?” My phone dropped to the floor as I wonder if this might be another chance to make it work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Characters
Wayne Simmonds
Jack Johnson