Watch You Cry

O O 2

The parking lot held no noise. The morning sun was slowly turning into a noon shine as Declan Slade passed car after car. Her classic Mustang could only reside at the very back of the area due to her lateness, but she didn't mind. She enjoyed the walk.
The large school building made Declan feel miniscule in comparison as she entered through the red double doors.
"You're quite late, Miss Slade." Miss Toovey sighed and shook her head playfully, before 'shooing' me out of the front office with a late pass in hand. Even through the young teacher's smile, Declan could see the sympathy in her eyes.

• • •

Declan's hands curled into her lap as she sat at an outside lunch table. Her skin was warming to the sun and she could feel her eyes growing heavy. As she made her way back to her black vehicle, she could feel the eyes on her. She could only assume that their thoughts centered around the fact that she had only attended fourty-five minutes of the school day, but she tried to avoid it.

• • •

Alex Gaskarth listened half heartedly to one of his friends' stories, but his mind was elsewhere. To his right, he could faintly hear shoes clacking briskly in his direction.
"Now that's just not right!" Alex's bestfriend, Jack, exclaimed while throwing his arms around dramatically.
"What, dude?" Alex questioned with a chuckle, dodging Jack's swinging arm.
Jack nodded subtly towards the tall blonde he was referring to as she reached closer to the group.
Declan Slade.
From what Alex had heard about the girl, he knew she was very quiet and kept to herself. She was also a notorious skipper, not really involving herself with the kids attending Dulaney High.
Alex didn't quite understand Declan Slade. It wasn't as though she looked like an outcast or anything, in fact, it was oddly the opposite. The girl walked around on long legs that boys had stared at for more than the appropriate time, she had long, wavy, blonde hair. She dressed nicely, too, usually sporting cut-off denims and fashionable tops, even pulling off the odd flannelette shirt.
"I swear, she wasn't in homeroom, and now she's leaving. I don't think she even gets detentions!" Jack's rant brought Alex back to the current conversation.
Declan had by now already pulled out of the parking lot and sped off away from the High School, while the group's conversation went back to it's previous topic, like the blonde girl had never walked by. But Alex continued to stare at the spot where the old mustang had been, thinking about the quiet girl who now seemed extremely interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
What is this? A 30 minute gap between updates? Too good.