Watch You Cry

O O 4

Alex leant on the hood of his car, watching students pulling into the parking lot and scurrying off to class. The lot was slowly becoming more deserted as the minutes ran by, but the boy didn't move.
When there were only the various latecomers hovering around, the sound of shoes briskly clacking to the pavement finally came.
Declan Slade walked confidently towards the school building, not even acknowledging the few people around her. Her demeanour didn't come off as snobby at all, she just appeared absent minded.
Alex watched as her waves of golden locks flew by effortlessly. Slung from her right elbow was a leather bag, not appearing to be holding much contents, and one notebook and an old, worn-leather journal clutched loosely to her chest.
Alex just didn't understand her, no one did.
But the fact that she rarely spoke to anyone or that her grades were most likely slipping due to poor attendance didn't seem to bother her. In fact, Alex couldn't recall Declan expressing any form of emotion at all. She was just... Careless.
She was Declan.

• • •

Declan sat quietly in the white plastic chair, trying to listen to the teacher from her position at the very back of the classroom.
Her hands lay lifelessly in her lap and her legs crossed neatly right over left. The day was still relitively early, but Declan could feel herself wearing thin.
The bell rang, startling the blonde slightly. She rose from her seat and began the walk to her car, passing by the locker hall and toward the front entrance.
On her way to the large, red double doors, she passed a group of about five or six, it was hard to be accurate through peripheral glances. The group was laughing rather loudly, something Declan hadn't done in quite some time. She averted her blue eyes from the doors ahead and looked toward the group.
They were all smiling brilliantly, they were all so happy. Her eyes caught a pair of chocolate brown ones, a pair she was sure belonged to a boy named Alex, though she couldn't be certain, considering the class she had with him, she rarely attended.
His large smile wore down to a kind, toothless grin, and it was directed straight to Declan.
She studied his warm gesture quickly before offering a small, half-hearted, lop sided smile of her own, knowing it would have come off as hesitant and unsure. Just like everything else in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was planning on updating very late tonight, around one in the morning actually, but I realized I was going out. That, and I just really like updating this story.
Don't be quiet.