Status: New, comments much appreciated (:

Baby Steps

Cold Showers And Pancakes, Must Be Elli.

I woke up at first dawn finding myself alone again. That’s all I seemed to wake up to anymore. I was lonely a lot anymore. I should have known the feeling by now and gotten used to it after his disappearance, but every day seemed to be harder to come to greet. And I was reaching the point where I would do everything in my power not to wake up, not wanting to greet another lonely day of cleaning and cooking in a already spotless, fragranced house.

Pulling myself from the bed I made my way towards bathroom, turning the water as hot as I could. Hoping maybe scolding my skin could breathe some life back into me. I didn’t used to be like this. I used to be a happy guy, willing to give anything and everything to the people I was around.

The rush of cold water lifted a rather girly scream from my lungs as I scrambled out of my shower to find Elli doubled over, in the midst of a giggle fit with water pouring from the sink faucet. I glared, tugging a towel around my waist and turned off both water sources. “What gives?” I growled, only managing a half hearted angry look.

Elli stopped her laughing by biting her lower lip and holds her arms out. “I wanted to see my big bubu,” she smiled innocently. It was obvious that she was trying overly hard trying to get back into my good graces. Rarely did she need to use both innocent looks and hugs to get me to forgive her. One or the other sufficed.

With a heavy sigh I picked up Elli and held her in a tight hug, feeling a little more like myself. “Thanks for coming over Elli,” I smiled. “I really appreciate it.”

Elli smiled. “So you wont mind making me some chocolate chip pancakes?” she suggested, winking at me.

I laughed. “Of course,” I said. “Of course you would want something after ruining a shower for me.”

“B-but I’m you’re little sister, it’s my right to ruin your showers,” Elli pouted.

“Uhuh. And its my right to withhold pancakes if you do so,” I said in response, walking from the room to get dressed.

“Does that mean you’ll make me some?” Elli called, clearly haven taken the door that lead into the hall from the bathroom.

“Shut up and go lay everything out,” I yelled out to her as I tugged on a shirt.

Elli let out a shriek of excitement and stumbled down the stairs in her hurry to get to the kitchen. I chuckled, finishing dressing and running my fingers through my hair before following Elli’s loud bangs in the kitchen.

“You’re out of chocolate chips,” Elli said in distress the moment that I walked in.

“Well then I guess I can’t make pancakes,” I said, pouring myself some coffee.

Elli gave me a puppy look and I rolled my eyes. “Let me get my coat and I’ll run to the store,” I said.

I barely had time to set down my coffee before Elli had her arms around my neck. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she cheered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it.

I know this is kind of… fast, lol, but I kind of like it.

Here is a picture of Dev’s sister Elli (Elizabeth).

You’ll find she’ll pop in and out :]

She is very important to Dev, and they have had one hell of a past together.

Rate, Comment, Give some kind of feedback.