Moment Of Truth

Don't you dare

“John.” I mumbled and hit him softly on his arm. I kept my eyes closed and snuggled up closer to him.

His snores just got worse. I hit him harder and he woke up with a jolt, pushing me away. “What?” He sat up, looking around the room confused.

“Stop snoring.” I simply said and turned my back on him and snuggled up with the pillow instead.

“Oh, for god’s sake, what time is it?” He laid back down again and sighed.

I looked at my phone seeing it was just after six in the morning. We had gotten less than three hours of sleep. “Six. Go back to sleep, but be quiet.”

“I don’t snore on purpose.” He said grumpily. I turned around to look at him and smiled.

“I know, it’s usually bearable but when you’re drunk it’s ten times worse.”

“Sorry.” He looked at me sheepishly. I couldn’t stay mad at that face.

“Let’s go back to sleep.”

We slept for a few more hours until we both woke up hungry. We made a silent agreement that I would cook food. John was never that good with cooking, especially when hang over and tired. He instead went into the bathroom and I could hear the shower starting.

I walked into the kitchen, still in just John’s shirt and my underwear. The shirt went to my mid-thigh and I wasn’t worried about John seeing me in so little. He had seen me in less.

I put on some coffee and started to make pancakes. It was just after eleven and we would probably spend the rest of the day on the couch eating.

There was a knock on the door and I thought about ignoring it, as John was still in the shower. I don’t know what demonic possession made me go open the door. But that was my first mistake.

On the other side of the door stood Anna, it was like I had completely forgotten about her since we came back to John’s last night. She had a shocked look on her face as her eyes travelled up and down my body. I looked down, suddenly becoming very aware of what I was wearing.

“It’s not what it looks like.” It just slipped out of my mouth like I had no control over it. That was my second mistake. I just made things a whole lot worse with that sentence, judging by the look on her face. Her eyes went wide in shock and her jaw clenched in anger.

“Where’s John?” She asked in a demanding voice.

“He’s in the shower.” I said. I just wanted to slap myself, that would not make the situation any better either.

“What?” She just looked at me before storming past me into the apartment. I slowly closed the front door and followed her into the living room, where we just awkwardly stood staring at each other just waiting for John to be done in the shower. I would have gone into John’s room and got dressed but I feared that confirming that we slept in the same bed would make things even worse.

So I just stood there.

After what felt like forever the shower was shutting off and we heard John come out of the bathroom. I had hoped we could prolong the situation a bit longer but Anna was not on the same note.

She called his name loud and clear, making me cringe inside in fear of what was to come. She and John had obviously had a fight last night, but I didn’t know what it was about or how serious it was.

John showed up in the doorway with just a towel hanging around his waist, not exactly helping the situation. He had a confused look on his face as he carefully stepped into the room. I felt bad for him, having to deal with the mess I accidently made.

“What’s going on?”

“Why don’t you tell me?” Anna asked coldly, eyes narrowed as she watched him.

“Um, I don’t know.” John said. He gave me a panicked look as if I could help him in this situation.

I just shrugged in response and tried as quietly as possible slip out of the room. I went back to the kitchen, leaving them alone in the living room. I poured myself a cup of coffee as I heard their raising voices. I tried not listing in, but it was unavoidable when they started yelling at each other.

“Did you fucking sleep with her?!”

“No! We’re just friends! How many times do I have to tell you that?”

“Why is she in your shirt? Did she sleep in your bed? It sure as hell looks pretty suspicious to me!”

“We were just passed out drunk, ok? We didn’t do anything. And would you rather she was shirtless?”

I cringed at his words. He was not making it easier on himself.

“You are the worst boyfriend ever! I hate you!”

Even I was shocked at the words she screamed at John. I never would have expected her to say something like that. How much of a bitch she even was, she used to always be sweet to John, no matter what he did.

I heard her stomping footsteps and then the front door slamming shut, leaving it eerily quiet in the apartment. I wondered if I should go to John or leave him alone and just wait for him to come to me.

I didn’t know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, hello there. It's been a while. And this is short and rubbish and I apologize. I just need to get back into writing again and it's hard.

If your reading my Alex fic, that one will be updated before this one again. Sorry.