Status: Comments Are Welcomed :D

White Roses for Mary

Ben

Slowly I walked behind Zak into the room, I watched Ben carefully. Zak stood in the center of the room before starting to speak.

“I heard you like to hurt people,” he started. “Well come on and hurt me!” I jumped at how powerful and loud his voice turned.

I looked over at Ben who appeared by his side in no time, a sneer on his lips as he inched closer to Zak. Oh no, he’ll hurt him.

“Come on, I dare you,” Zak yelled at nothing. Ben lifted his hand and slashed it on Zak’s arm; I jumped back slightly, losing my bravery.

“What the hell?” Zak then turned his camera towards himself and began into talk it. “My arm is burning like crazy,” he reached into his back pocket for a flashlight and faced it towards his arm. “Oh my god, there are three scratch marks. Hey guys, come here!”

Ben reached his hand up to hit Zak and I was finally able to move again.

“No!” I screamed before covering my mouth. Ben’s eyes shot towards me and his glare made me freeze.

“What the hell?” Zak whispered before turning back to his camera. “I just heard something,” Ben started to walk towards me and I couldn’t move.

At the corner of my eye I saw the guys rejoin Zak but Ben didn’t pay attention, he was focused on me. His yellow teeth showed as his lips turned up into a growl, his hair clung to his face in a greasy mess, while his pale hands balled into angry fists. He stopped in front of me and grabbed my wrists; a whimper escaped my lips as his grip tightened.

“Stop,” I begged, yeah one thing about being a ghost that hasn’t crossed over, you can still be hurt by other ghost.

Ignoring my plea he slammed my back against the wall. Another whimper escaped as I let my head fall down not wanting to meet his glare. He let go of my wrist and grabbed a handful of my hair, tugging it he dragged me towards the center of the room, he was moving too fast so I tripped over my feet and was forced to crawl quickly after him. My breath came out short and fast as I followed him. He stopped when I was just below Zak, who was talking to Nick and Aaron unaware of me being hurt right next to him.

“Do you want me to let go?” He hissed into my ear, a chill went down my spine as I nodded.

“It’s either him or you,” my eyes widened as I realized he wouldn’t let me free until Zak left. I couldn’t be free unless I allowed him to hurt Zak.

“Me,” I whimpered as I let my head drop. I promised myself I would help Zak, protect him, this was me keeping my promise.

Ben grabbed my arms and dug his dirty fingernails into them, I bite my lip holding back a scream, I didn’t want to risk Zak hearing me. Ben unhitched his nails from my arm and I let them drop, tears slid down my face, I didn’t know I could still cry…

Ben raised his hand and slapped me across the face with so much force I fell onto my side and put my hand against my cheek.

After a moment Ben kneeled down beside me and cocked his head to the side.

“Why are you doing this?” He hissed; I looked at him confused.

“Why are you helping one of them,” he spat out the word. “They just use us, they don’t care about us, and they just come into our home disturbing our peace.” He hissed I sat up feeling my courage and shook my head.

“He’s different,” I whispered in a hoarse voice.

Ben chuckled darkly before answering.

“They are all the same,” just then he disappeared, leaving me on the hard ground in pain.

“I want to know who scratched me!” Zak yelled above me. I looked up wishing he would leave before Ben returned. I couldn’t blame him; he didn’t know that Ben had just been generous enough to release us.

“Zak we haven’t gotten anything I think it’s gone,” Aaron said.

“Yeah we should go,” Nick answered. After a moment Zak nodded leading the way out.

I sighed relieved as I took a second to gather myself up.

They went into the recreational room where we used to listen to the radio and play music. I smiled remembering the dances we held every Sunday.

Once we entered everyone still in there dancing stopped and looked at the guys curiously. Some looked frightened, some upset, and some just vanished. The music remained on and I wondered if they would hear it on the recorder they had just turned on.

I noticed Rose had appeared next to me, her eyes big with worry and fear.

“Ben hurt you,” she stated, how did she know already?

“Yeah but I’m fine,” I assured as I waved her off.

“This wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t been following him around,” she hissed, I looked down at her shocked she would ever get this angry.

“Zak has nothing to do with this, you know how Ben can get,” I defended starting to get upset.

“You never would have gone into his room if he hadn’t. No one goes into his room,” her hands were sitting on her hips in an angry manner, if I weren’t so mad at what she was saying I would have laughed.

“Rose you don’t understand, you’re still young,” I sighed trying to calm myself.

Young? Just because I died young doesn’t mean I am young. I’ve been around for 60 years!” She started to raise her voice and I did the same.

“If that’s so why do you insist on acting like a child?!”

“Guys do you hear that?” Zak asked looking in our direction.

I looked at him with wide eyes, he heard us? Rose vanished leaving me there.

“What did it sound like?” Nick asked.

“It sounded like two girls yelling,” Zak explained.

I stood there waiting for their next move when they left it alone I remained still thinking about what the other patients had told me.

They are all the same. He can’t love you. Their words echoed in my head.

He’s different. I repeated to myself again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really unsure of this chp, I feel like it's all worng *sigh* I don't know I just feel out of sync today, ignore me. Comment and tell me if this is all worng, I feel like it is... also fun fact: It's the 5th story I updated today and 2nd Zak Bagans story I updated today!
-Neche