Status: Comments Are Welcomed :D

White Roses for Mary

Attach

The guys started to yawn.

“What time is it?” Aaron asked; Nick grabbed a flashlight and looked at his watch before answering.

“5:30,” he answered.

“Guys I want to go into Mary’s room,” Zak said causing me to smile.

Now’s my chance to help them out with the investigation.

The guys followed Zak into my bedroom I stood behind them impatiently as I waited for them to enter. Finally they stepped in and I stood by Zak watching over his shoulder I saw him take out another bulky device, one I have not seen before. He turned the camera towards himself and started to talk into it.

“This is a device that scans through radio stations quickly so that a spirit could speak to us through the white noise,” once he finished he looked back up and glanced around the room. “Mary if you’re here can you speak to us, use this device.” He held the device up making sure I could see it.

I smiled at him and moved towards it.

“Yes,” just as I answered I heard myself through the device; I jumped back slightly, I was shocked to hear my own voice.

“Oh my God. Did she just say ‘yes’?” Nick asked.

Zak wore a smile as he answered.

“Yes, that was a female wasn’t it?” Zak asked.

“Yep,” Aaron answered.

“Mary, Sweetheart, is that you?” I couldn’t help but smile when he called me “Sweetheart”.

“Yes,” I answered again.

“Oh my God,” Aaron said making an ‘o’ shape with his mouth, Nick looked the same while Zak just smiled.

“Guys, I want to stay in here alone,” Zak said looking up at them.

They nodded and left. I watched Zak take a seat to get comfortable.

“Mary could you come here and sit with me?” I walked towards him and slowly slid down the wall beside him.

“Whoa,” he breathed before turning the camera onto himself. “It just got really cold on my side.” I watched him a moment, unsure of what to do.

“Are you sitting next to me?” Zak asked.

“Yes,” I said into the device just like before. Zak took a second before continuing.

“Mary, do you know what year it is?”

“Two thousand ten.” I remember hearing the year from another investigator. Zak gasped before smiling and speaking into the camera.

“That shows that there is an intelligent spirit here,” he looked back up.

“Mary,” his voice changed and I knew he was going to ask a hard question. “How long have you been in here?” His voice sounded sad and I put my head down.

I didn’t want him sad, even for me.

I took a moment before answering.

“Sixty… years,” I tried to hold back the sadness in the answer but it showed through the device and I could see Zak’s expression change in the dark.

“Man,” he sighed as he turned the camera back on to himself. “Can you imagine being locked in a mental hospital for sixty years?” I sighed next to him suddenly feeling very depressed.

That wasn’t all I felt; I knew he would leave soon and I’d be all alone again.

I didn’t want him to leave; I wanted him to stay with me. I could feel my emotions become more powerful as I tried to hold back tears; why couldn’t Zak just stay with me like I wanted?

“Hey guys?” Zak called out; he sounded tired; not like before, this time was different. This wasn’t a physical tired but an emotional one; if that even makes sense.

“What’s up?” Nick was the first one in and Aaron followed him, filming everyone.

“Dude I don’t know,” Zak put down his camera and rested his head in his hands.

“I just feel really; sad and…” he searched for the right word. “Isolated?”

“Isolated? What do you mean?” Nick asked.

“I don’t man… I feel alone.” He sighed before looking back up. “Mary is this how you feel?” I froze looking at him.

I had caused him this pain? I felt guilty; I didn’t know how in tune he’d be… Normally investigators didn’t take such an emotional approach like these guys did.

I didn’t say anything; I couldn’t think of anything to say. Reaching my hand up I hesitated before touching his hand. He snapped his head to look at it before opening his fingers inviting me to continue.

“Are you holding my hand right now?” he asked while his eyes remained on our hands.

Again I didn’t answer I just continued holding his big hands in my tiny ones. The feeling was nice; weird and different then like when I was alive but nice all the same.

“Guy’s I think she’s holding my hand,” Zak looked up at his friends.

“Zak oh my God,” Aaron gasped.

“What?” Zak asked slightly alarmed.

“Dude there’s like a white mist by your arm.” He explained.

“You can see it on camera?” Zak asked.

“Yeah dude, it’s crazy.”

“She’s holding your hand dude.” Nick explained.

Zak looked down at our hands for another moment and I slowly let go. I didn’t want to but I had to.

I slowly got up and walked away from Zak, I knew he had to leave soon anyway. I stopped outside of my room so I could see the rest of their investigation but not contribute to it anymore.

“I don’t feel anything anymore,” Zak stated.

“Yeah I think she’s gone,” Nick noted.

With a sigh Zak stood up.

“Guys, I think we’re done here,” the others nodded and left my room; Zak however stayed behind.

“Mary, I just wanted to say thank you for participating, it meant a lot to me.” He stated to the air around him before leaving too.

I watch him walk down the hall heading to the front where he’d soon be let out. Soon he’d leave this place, he’d never come back, and he’d leave me.

Looking down I felt like I wanted to cry again before an idea popped into my head.

It was small at first then grew within seconds.

I’ve heard of it done before. Other sprits have left so why couldn’t I?

What if I left with Zak? Went home with him and stayed there forever?

I liked the idea very much.

I’m going to do it…

I’m going to attach myself to Zak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, now the real plot thickens... Comment? Subscribe? Banner?... That last one would be freaking sweet!

Also I hope 'm doing a good job at writing like the guys like how they'd react to that stuff really happening. Hopefully I did good. Let me know?
-Neche