Status: Finished! Sequel coming soon

I Miss You, I'm So Sorry

Six

Image

Another month passed and Delilah was slowly opening up to Alex. They weren’t really friends, but they were starting to be. They talked a lot more during lunch and even hang out a few times outside school and the coffee shop where Delilah worked and Alex still spent every Friday after school was done.

I was Friday and Alex couldn’t be happier weekend was just one school day away. He waited at Delilah’s locker, like he did every day, but she didn’t show up. Maybe she’s already at Spanish he though. But when he came in, as one of the last ones, she wasn’t there. Christina, who was also in their Spanish class motioned to the empty seat next to Alex where Delilah usually sat. Alex shrugged and mouthed an I’ll-call-her-later to her.

As soon as the bell rang Alex pulled his phone from his pocket and called Delilah. “Hey D. What’s up. Where are you?” “Oh hey Alex, I’m sick.” “You’re okay?” Alex asked, worry clearly audible in his voice. “Relax Alex, it’s just a headache, I’m fine, don’t worry. I’ll be back at school tomorrow.” “Uhm D, it’s Friday. There’s no school tomorrow.” “Oh yeah, you’re right, guess I’ll see you at the coffee shop tomorrow then.” And she hung up.

“So where’s Delilah?” Alex jumped when Christina appeared next to him. “She’s sick, headache. She said she’ll probably be fine tomorrow.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah was laying in bed, it felt like her head was going to explode. She was almost asleep when someone knocked on the door. Well knocked, it sounded more like the person was trying to break it down. She stumbled out of bed to see which idiot was keeping her from her sleep. “I’m coming, I’m coming!” She yelled and opened the door to see… “Alex? What are you doing here?” She asked surprised when she saw him. “I have your homework, notes from all our classes and I just wanted to make sure you’re okay.” She didn’t say anything but held the door open so he could come in. “You look horrible.” He stated. “Why aren’t you in bed? You should be sleeping.” She looked at him like he was crazy. “Well I was in bed, about to fall asleep when some idiot got the idea to break down my front door. Considering I’m the only person here I had to get up to open the door.” Alex blushed a little in embarrassment. “Oh, uhm, yeah, sorry, I forgot about that.” He said sheepishly. “Come on, let’s get you back to bed.” He said and pushed her through her open bedroom door.

Delilah crawled back in bed. “You’re okay? You need something?” Alex asked. “Could you get me a glass of water?” He nodded and left the room, a few minutes later he was back with a glass of water. “Thanks.” She took a sip and put it on the nightstand next to the bed. “Thanks for bringing all that stuff.” She smiled at Alex. “You don’t have to stay you know, I’ll be fine.” Alex nodded and seat down on her bureau chair. “I know, I’m just making sure you’re okay. Just go to sleep.” Delilah did what he said and quickly fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

She woke up a few hours later to see Alex sitting on her bedroom floor, books and papers surrounded him and a pencil in his hand. “Alex? Why are you still here? And what are you doing?” She asked a little confused. Alex’s head shot up when she spoke. “Oh hey, you’re awake. You’re feeling better?” “Yeah, a lot better, but again, what are you still doing here?” Alex smiled and held up her calculus book. “Making your homework, I know you’re working this weekend and since you’re sick I thought I’d help you out a little.” Delilah looked at him like he had two heads, before smiling. “Thanks Alex, you’re the best.” “It’s alright, glad I could help, you might wanna check those though, it’s been a while since I made any calculus homework.”

Delilah giggled and tried to get out of bed, but Alex stopped her. “Where do you think you’re going?” He said sternly. “Uhm.. to make dinner. I need to eat you know.” “No you’re not.” Alex stated and push her back onto the bed. “You’re just gonna stay in bed, I’ll make you dinner.” “Alex, I just have a headache, I’m not dying!” But Alex was already in the kitchen. “Is spaghetti okay?” he yelled from the kitchen. “Yeah that’s fine.” She replied. She could hear Alex chuckle. “Good, because I can’t really make anything else.” Delilah laughed and walked to the living room where she plopped down on the couch.

------------------------------------------------------

After Alex had made dinner they sat down at the kitchen table. “Wow, this is actually pretty good.” Delilah said after the first bite. “Why do you sound so surprise? I’m hurt.” Alex said in a serious tone. “Oh, I’m sorry Alex, I didn’t…” She began, but Alex just laughed. “It’s okay, I’m just kidding.”

After they’d finished dinner they sat on the couch and just talked. Playing twenty questions, talking about school, their friends, the weekend. “You know, this might sound weird, but it feels like I’ve known you forever.” Alex confessed. Delilah nodded slowly. “I know what you mean, and no, it doesn’t sound weird.” She was silent for a while before speaking again. “You know Alex, you’re not that bad. I had fun today. Thanks for coming over.” Alex felt a big grin spread across his face. “You’re welcome, so….. does this mean we’re friends?” Delilah chuckled. “Yes Alex, we’re friends.” “Yay.” He cheered and scooped her up in a big hug.

Delilah laughed at his ridiculous behavior, something she had gotten used to in the past month and even had begun to like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Alex, can I ask you something?” Delilah looked over the each of her bed to Alex, who was laying on an air mattress in Delilah’s room. He’d refused to leave, still worried about Delilah. So after bickering for 30 minutes Delilah had given in and Alex had called his mom the tell he was staying at Delilah’s. “Sure what you wanna know?” He answer and sat up so he could look at her. “Why are you seeing a therapist?” Alex looked away. “I don’t really wanna talk about it.” He mumbled, he looked back at Delilah who was smiling a little. “That’s okay, it was a really personal question, I’m sorry.” “It’s okay, can I ask you the same thing?” Alex said softly.

Delilah tensed up and looked down at her bed, a tear rolled down her cheek. Alex immediately regretted asking. “Hey it’s okay.” He crawled into the bed next to her and pulled her against his chest. “Don’t cry. It’s okay. We’re both not ready to talk about these things, it’s okay.” He hugged her closer and Delilah wrapped her arms around him as she cried softy. Alex pulled her down on the bed with him and they fell asleep in each other’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm trying to thank everyone, but I'm kinda busy so I'm sorry if I haven't.

This is pretty much a filler to show you how they became friends. I promise the next chapters will be better and things will finally become clearer.....

I have a few questions and I really hope you guys can help me.
1st: I feel like starting another story (probably ANOTHER (sigh, I know) AWG story (sorry guys, it's the only thing I really LOVE writing). So here's the question: Would anyone read it?and I feel like doing a co-write. Is anyone interested in writing a AWG story with me??

Love, Felicia