Status: Done :)

Too Good to Be True

The End.

Iona's POV

"And to do what exactly?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She seemed to pause for a minute, and licked her lips.

"To take the Brooklyn shortcut," it wasn't even a second before she had spun round, slamming the door behind her. I heard the girls mumble in confusion.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lozza asked, just as the sound of car engine starting sounded outside.

"She can't be serious, it's like, 1am!" I partially blocked out the girls thoughts, as I tried to rack my brain for an explanation of what she'd said. It was familiar, but couldn't remember exactly...

The truth came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks.

I pushed down the door handle with my elbow and butted the front door open, to see Hailey sitting - looking very uncomfortable might I add - watching TV.

"You alright love?" I asked, dumping the bags on the kitchen floor.

"Another one," she sighed worriedly. I popped my head in to see what she was watching, and gasped at the headline.

Third Brooklyn Bridge Suicide This Month

"Why?" I breathed, and sat next to Hailey. She shrugged and sighed again.

"Around 35 people try to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge each year, most because of broken hearts" she replied, in quite a monotone voice. I whistled, and looked at her. A horrible thought popped into my head.

"Wait, you're not getting any ideas are you?" I cried, feeling worry begin to build. She shook her head slowly.

"I don't see how these people could do it too, but. It's just..." she sighed, shaking it off. "..Just another one taking the Brooklyn shortcut I guess."


"Oh my god," I whispered quietly.

"What's new?" she asked, and I pointed the remote at the TV. She gasped as she saw the familiar headline. "Are you kidding!?"

"Nope."

"That's like, the 7th person then?"

"Yup!" she looked back in shock to see, once again, the picture of the Brooklyn Bridge. I saw her gulp, and I did too, realising the actual thing was now a hell of a lot closer to than it was a few days ago....


"Holy shit," I breathed again. "Holy shit!" The girls started to look at me strangely. "HOLY SHIT!! SOMEONE GET THE FUCKING CAR!"

"WHAT?! WHAT'S GOING ON IONA!?"

"SHE'S ABOUT TO FUCKING KILL HERSELF!"

~*~

It's all just a dream, and i'm going to wake up....
It's all just a dream, and i'm going to wake up....
It's all just a dream, and i'm going to wake up....


I tightly clenched the steering wheel, stopping at a red light. I could feel my entire body shaking. I couldn't believe I was actually about to do this....

It's all just a dream, and i'm going to wake up....

Ok...it's all just a dream.

The traffic began to move again, so I drove out onto the main road. I had went over the directions in my head, but still had them written down in front of me in case I forgot. I glanced in the rear view mirror once more to check if anyone had caught on and was following me, but thankfully I was safe. I figured that by now i was in Jersey City, due to the signs, and my eyes widened, it finally sinking in that I would be driving through New York City. I wished it could've been on better terms, visiting the place i'd always wanted to for the first time, but I guess it wouldn't be the same, since my main and only goal was getting to that bridge. And plus, it was around one in the morning and pretty dark.

The sound of Famous Last Words came from my phone, signaling that someone was phoning me, but there was no way in hell i'd be answering any calls from them. They would try to talk me out of it.

Hah. They couldn't.

~*~
3rd person POV

"Ok, i'll drive you guys, I know the way!" Camille said quickly; everyone was rushing around.

"If we leave in the next few minutes, we might make it in time," Lozza informed them, looking up from her laptop.

"I'll go with Cam. I've known her the longest and she's most likely to listen to me. Is that ok?" Iona stated, grabbing her phone. Everyone looked at each other, and nodded.

"Good luck!" Lozza and Lena shouted as the two sped out the door and to Cam's car.

"Hey! I just got off the phone with Gee! They're doing a secret show in New York right now!" Elena shouted, running in from her bedroom. Lena and Lozza turned around.

"Like, rightnow!?" Lozza exclaimed.

"Well, they're just finished. The venue guys won't let them leave until they do a few things, and then they're going to speed right over." Everyone nodded, and the girls looked at each other for a few minutes.

"I think we should go too." Lena voiced.

"I second that!" Lozza exclaimed.

"Me too!" Elena shouted, bouncing over to the door. "But guys, there's no cars. Hailey took Ray's, and Camille's got hers." The girls remained silent for a moment.

"Taxi?" Lena suggested.

~*~

Iona's POV

"Come on! You stupid pieces of crap!" I screeched at the drivers around the car. Idiots! Could they go even slower!? I sunk back into my seat, my hands running through my hair. It was a mess, but I was sweating badly, and I was in such a rush I didn't even care about it. The only thing that mattered was getting to Hailey before I lost her.

"Any word from her yet?" Camille asked from beside me. I shook my head, and tried calling her for the fifth time since we'd left.

~*~

Hailey's POV

"Shit," I breathed, seeing that the bridge was closed off. Wait, isn't this a good thing? Means no one can see me, so no one can stop me. I drove past the cones, going a bit onto the bridge. I looked at it, from the window of my car. The metal railings built up and around the road would be easy to climb, but...I just...

I didn't know what I was doing.

Yes you do! You just can't deal with it!

Urgh! God! All this arguing with myself was driving me crazy! My head thumped, and I gasped, clutching it in pain. Before I knew it, I was getting dizzier, and dizzier, and dizzier...

~

"Hailey!" I shot up at hearing my name, Getting out of the car, I immediately recognised Camille's car.

"Shit," I breathed, and ran further onto the bridge.

"Hey, Hailey! WAIT!" I got out of breath, but I soon got to a point on the bridge where it was only water below, and no land. Looking up, I heard thunder, and drops of rain began to pour on my face. The sound of running footsteps reminded me why I was there, and I began to climb the railings. It was mere seconds before I was on top, on the outside, and looking down at my fate.

"Oh my god..." I whispered, seeing how deep the plunge was. It was a fact that i'd be dead, one step off the bridge.

"Hailey! Stop! Please!" I slowly turned around to see Iona on the road below, and Camille running up to us.

"Iona! Just let me do this! Please! I've waited my whole life to wake up, and now here I am! This is all just a dream!"

"It's not! Hailey! Look at me! By jumping off that bridge, you're not only gonna kill yourself, but me! Frank! Even Tommy! What would he think!?"

"Tommy isn't with me anymore!" I shouted back.

"But he's still your brother." Her words stopped me, and I gave up, turning back around.

"Hailey! Please don't do it." Turning back around once more, I looked Iona straight in the eye.

"Around 35 people try to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge each year, most of them because of broken hearts," I said, repeating the quote. Her eyes widened, seeing into mine. "Glad to know i'm not alone!" I shouted, before letting go.

Letting go of the railing, and letting go of everything. Of Iona; of the girls; of Frank; of the boys; of Tommy; of my parents; of my past; of Derek.

Letting go of my life.

Further I fell, down, down, into never ending darkness...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Boys and Girls,
I give you, the end of Too Good To Be True.

There are soooooo many things i'd love to say right now, but firstly, i'm going to ask you something.

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE.

Ok, now onto the speech...

Thank you. Just....thank you. If you're reading this right now, imagine me right beside you right now, giving you a big massive hug. I love you. I honestly do. This story....has changed my life, in so many ways. And do you know who's to thank for that?

You.

You, the reader. Because without you, there's no point in me writing this story. A special thanks also, if you have commented. Even if you've only commented once, know that you have made a girl smile. A lot of you have actually cheered me right up on a shitty day, and even brought a tear to my eye. Hear that? You made someone cry tears of happiness.

Anyway, I thought you all deserved an individual thank you, so here you go :)

The biggest thank you to all of you people who commented once or twice:

XCyanide_SuicideX~Stay Forever Young.~Vengeance_foREVer~ThingsJustGotWeird~VampirePanda~a promise to burn;~DieAgainToday~xomady152~CelticMoon~Xmarksthespot99~
courtneeey_~CamplightCalamity~We'llBraveThisStorm~Noorriiss~lipsyncXlulliby~imNotOkayTrustMe17~Star Angel~PoisonedDetonator~CannibalsDemise~Alysabethh03

A VERY special thank you to these amazing people, who commented quite a number of times!:

LizzieLaceration - 3 times.
AtomicIero - 5 times.
rachemical - 7 times.
Alexandrias Nitemare - 9 times.
Miss.L.W.Revenge - 5 times.
Violent-Violen - 11 times.
Kissing_Coffins6661 - 16 times!
KayCBA - 4 times.
aep59454 - 3 times.

Woah...just. Oh my god, guys, look at the amount of comments. You guys, I just...xD I love you. This has really touched my heart how much you guys have loved this. It means everything, just one comment. Just, thank you. Thank you so much :')

However, there are four people that I just wouldn't be here without. From 7 months ago, to a mere 2 months ago, these amazing people came into my life, and not only inspired this story, but supported it more than anyone. As people, they've given me more love and support than anyone else(other than my family of course). This story is dedicated to these 4 amazing people -

Lyzsi - (KyLilly_Kid) - (Commented 16 times)
Out of all the girls, i've known you the least amount of time, but that sure as hell doesn't mean I love you any less. You have such a kind heart, and you're so damn positive!! Everytime I see your name on msn, i'm already smiling xD in fact, I imagine you smiling everytime i'm talking to you :') the amount of times i've been in a really shitty mood, and within a minute of talking to you i'm already crying tears of joy (like, an hour or so ago, as an example). You are one of a kind, for sure :') And your talent, GOOD LORD. You are one out of two of the best authors i've ever come across. Give Me A Reason To Believe, it's just....agh...it's perfect, it really is. From the moment I read the first chapter, Scarlet going to that gig, having to write down the setlist and getting too carried away (xD) I was thinking to myself - "this is already one of my favourites!" and it still is :D i'll be looking for more soon. I love you Lyzsibee, I really do :')

Elena - (Obviously23) - (Commented 11 times)
ELENA! You know, know have got to be one of the kindest people i've ever met. You're such a kind person, and you've been such a good friend to me this whole time, I have to thank you for that :') And to think, all that time ago, that one question on twitter - "who wants to be in my story?". I remember how touched I was that you replied right away, and even now, i'm so glad that you said "MEEEEE!" because this story wouldn't be the same without you. Even I wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for you. It was always you that would encourage me to write more, and more. I wouldn't be on the last chapter if it wasn't for you - the amount of times i'd wanted to just give up, but then you'd be there, begging to read more, and I knew I couldn't let you down :) I love how you are so determined, especially with your English. You are so good at it! I mean, you even started writing (which I think you should do more of). You are just amazing Elena :')

Lena - (ImFromMars) - (Commented 22 times)
Lena...oh my god, i'm in tears right now from reading your email. It's just the fact that you actually took the time to email me, because I wasn't online...it's just...i'm so touched :') The email, the letters! Oh my god, the letters. I can remember walking home from school, and reading a text from my brother saying "You've got a letter from Lena", and bursting out crying, before running home as fast as I could. And then reading that line from Disenchanted (which i'm listening to right now, by the way, because it reminds me of you) and crying even more. You've touched my heart in a way no other person as. You make me feel...like i'm worth something. I don't think i've ever had a friend that has said the things you've said to me. I can't thank you enough for that. The support for the story...oh god, don't even get me started. The comments - 22 COMMENTS! You've commented the most out of anyone on this story! Can I just hug you for that!? *hugs* This story wouldn't be the same without you. Oh my god, the prom chapter. I can remember writing it, and accidentally saying "Shanice" instead of "Hailey" more than a few times :') I remember pretending it was real one night, and waking up in the morning in tears because I realised it was a dream. And then there's London, when you told me you'd be in London, I felt like I had a chance, that I could finally meet you. For a few weeks, I wanted nothing more than to go down and hold you in my arms. But no, my goddamn parents had to stop that. There's still a piece of my heart that's broken, and won't get fixed until I finally meet you. Jag älskar dig så mycket Lena, med hela mitt hjärta :')<3

Lozza - (deathXbeforeXdisco) - (Commented 20 times)
..... :')
I can't even put it into words. I really can't. There's so much to say, so much to thank you for. I hope you already know most of them :')
You....are....my other half. That's the best way to put it. I would be nothing without you, incomplete. Hell, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. The things you've stopped me doing....anyway, you are honestly like no one i've ever met before. You're incredible. But the biggest part is? You're the other of the two best authors, ever. And I geniunely mean that. These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me...that story...is my favourite story on this website. Hell, it's my favourite story. It's got to the point that whenever i'm listening to Famous Last Words, I immediately think about the story, and think about you, causing me to smile and suddenly forget about all the shit that, but 's going on in my life. Not only that, but there wouldn't be such a thing as "Too Good To Be True". Without you, without that story, I wouldn't have wrote this, I wouldn't have met you, I wouldn't have met Elena, Lena or Lyzsi, and I sure as hell wouldn't be the person I am today. You've changed my life, Lozza Brearley :') You are the sister I never had. You're the sister I want. God, I would give anything in the world to be with you, to meet you. Next December better hurry the fuck up :')
I love you Lozza, more than anything in the world. Not only are you my best friend, but you're my idol. You're my inspiration. I owe my life to you :')

To those of you reading this, wether you've been following me the whole time, have just discovered it a few weeks ago, or you're reading this in a few months time (HI FUTURE PEOPLE! :D) I seriously hope you've enjoyed this :')

It's been amazing. Probably one of the best things i've ever done.

Jag älskar dig,
Ich liebe dich,
I love you.

So long and goodnight :')