Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Gabriel Saporta

"What do I wear?" Jenna asked Sharon as she looked around the room she shared with Jesse.

"Something nice but not flashy; we’re just doing dinner but we're going to a nice restaurant." Sharon then stood up and walked over to the closet. "Let's just do this." She reached in and pulled out a bunch of dresses, shirts, skirts and shoes and shoved them in a bag. "Okay. Let's go back to my place and we'll get you ready over there."

"Okay," Jenna agreed and nodded her head. They left the apartment moments later.

* * * * *

As Jenna brushed her hair, she casually brought the date up. "So, who's this guy?"

"Gabe," Sharon said.

"Gabe who?"

"Saporta."

Jenna looked at her with wide eyes. "The one that used to be in Midtown and is now the lead singer of Cobra Starship?"

"That's the only Gabe Saporta Travis and I know...actually he’s the only Gabe Saporta I’ve heard of period."

"No freaking way! That's...this is...wow."

"Okay. All right, calm down. Take a deep breath," Sharon said and laughed before fixing her eyeliner. "Look at me," she said to check Jenna's.

"Gabe's here," Travis said standing in the doorway.

"All right, we’ll be there in a minute," Sharon told him.

"Okay," Travis nodded his head and walked away. The girls walked into Travis and Sharon's bedroom. They both sat on the bed and put the shoes on that they picked out together. They checked each other one last time and headed to the living room.

"Hey Gabe, this is Jenna," Sharon said and pushed Jenna towards him. He extended his hand out to her. She took it.

"Hey," he said and flashed her a smile.

"Hi," Jenna said and looked at the floor. Sharon moved closer to her and elbowed her. "What?" Jenna whispered.

"Be yourself."

"Ready?" Travis asked.

"Yep," Sharon almost shouted. "I mean, yes." Travis and Jenna laughed at her. "Shut up!" Travis opened the door and motioned for them all to get out. Everyone got into Travis's Land Rover and they left to go to the restaurant.

* * * * *

"Oh shit!" Jenna said and ducked behind Gabe and Travis. They all started to look around since they didn't know why she did that. Then Sharon saw Jesse with his arm around another girl. He made eye contact with her and held it. Sharon wasn't about break. Fuck that. Just because he smacks Jenna around that doesn't mean he can do the same thing to me. Sharon held her glare until the girl next to him pulled his attention away.

"Don't move," Sharon told Gabe.

"Why not?"

“Jenna's boyfriend's here."

"Okay...wait. Didn't you say he was working?"

"I guess I lied. But then again, he lied."

"Let's just get her inside," Travis suggested. "I'm not really in the mood to fight with him tonight." Everyone went inside the restaurant and asked to sit in the back. They could see Jesse and his "date" from where they were sitting. Sharon looked over at Jenna who was staring at them. She could see that Gabe felt like he shouldn't even be there, that they were just using him.

"Hey Jenna, go to the bathroom with me," Sharon said standing up.

"But I don-" She gave her the look. "Oh, all right." The girls walked to the bathroom.

"Gabe."

"So what about him?" Jenna asked leaning against the counter.

"Pay attention to him, not your cheating boyfriend. You haven't talked to him at all."

"This just doesn't feel right."

"You saw Jesse with that other girl, right?"

"Yeah..."

"You know just as well as I do that when they leave here, he's going to take her home but he's not coming straight home to you."

"True..."

"Travis and I are doing this because we really care about you. Gabe's doing this because he cares."

"Gabe doesn't know me and maybe you and Travis need to mind your own business." She walked out of the bathroom. Sharon sighed and followed her out. You can't help those who don't want to be helped.

* * * * *

By the end of the night, Jenna felt bad for the way she treated everyone; especially Gabe. Knowing that your boyfriend cheats on you is one thing but actually seeing it for yourself is another. Jenna was now at home watching Friends reruns waiting for Jesse to come home. She didn't know why but she was. Maybe she was hoping that he would come home and say he was at work and actually not be lying about it. That everything that just happened was a figment of her imagination. Wishful thinking, I know. He finally came home at the end of the second episode.

"What are you doing still up?" he asked while closing the door.

"I was waiting for you."

"You knew I was working late."

"I know. I just wanted to be up when you got home. I really missed you," Jenna lied about that last part.

"Sure. Got to bed, I'm going to go take a shower." Jenna nodded her head and followed him down the hallway. When they walked into the room, he went to the dresser. To get to the bed, she had to pass him. When she did, she noticed the hickey on his neck. It was still bright red. The other woman’s perfume was still on him. He walked out of the room a couple seconds later and Jenna cried. She quickly got over it and picked up her cell phone. She opened a new text message and addressed it to Gabe.

"I'm really sorry about tonight."

"Don’t worry about it."

"Let me make up for it next weekend."

"You don’t have to do that."

"Yes I do. I shouldn't have done that to you. Everything will be on me."

"You saw your boyfriend with another girl. I can understand. Seriously, dont worry about it."

"Too late. I'm already worried about it. You're not getting out of this. I'll meet you at Sharon's Friday night."

"Well if you insist."

"I do. I have to go before Jesse gets out of the shower."

Jenna then went through and erased all the messages so Jesse wouldn't see them. As soon as she put her phone on the nightstand, Jesse walked into the room. He threw his clothes in the laundry basket and got into the bed next to her. He pulled her over to him once he was in bed. She felt disgusted. Somehow he sensed her repulsion and pushed her away from him. Since it was her lucky night, her phone vibrated. As soon as she picked it up, Jesse took it from her.

"Who's Gabe and what's Friday night?" Jesse asked after reading Sharon’s text.

"I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"Worry about yourself," Jenna blurted out. That was the wrong thing to say; so the wrong thing to say.