Angel, Put Me Back Together Again

Hypocrite

Franks POV

"Hello, Frank?"

"Hmmm... what?" I shook my head and looked up from the doodle I had started on the back of my notebook. Her eyes were boaring into mine. How's that expression go... "If looks could kill..."

"Well what do you think it is?" She crossed her arms over her chest. I straightened up and looked around the room to see that several pairs of eyes were starting to turn my way. I didn't even have my book open. I swallowed and shook my head.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"You don't know?" She repeated, angry yet amused. I slumped down in my seat a little more as more eyes turned to look at me then back at Christine. I stared right back at her, neither one of us backing down. She gave me a sadistic smirk and crossed her arms over her chest. For one brief moment I forgot about everyone else in the room. I gave her a pleading look which she appeared to not want to acknowledge.

"If you won't pay attention in my class, then don't waste my time. Leave."

"What?" I sat up straight at these words.

"You heard me." Her voice was steady as she continued to shoot daggers at me with her eyes.

"Christine--"

"Mrs. Parker." She corrected. I sighed and shoved my notebook in my back pack. I stood up and slowly made my way to the front door. I stopped next to her desk and turned to look at her.

"Why can't you just forgive me?" I knew people heard me, and I didn't really care that they didn't know what I was talking about. She didn't even turn to look at me.

"Goodbye, Mr. Iero." She held her head a little higher, clearing her throat. I gritted my teeth and walked out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind me. I let out an audible groan as I walked toward the exit of the building.

I didn't feel like sitting through anymore classes. I didn't feel like doing anything. I checked the clock on the wall to see that class would be out in 15 minutes anyway. I changed my mind and began walking to Christine's car instead of mine when I was outside. I let my mind wander to the other night, over a week ago. The night I went out with Christine.

She had me pressed to the chalkboard. I can't deny how hot it was. Her on her knees, practically begging to do anything to me. Then I don't know what happened. She was kissing my tattoos along my hips, undoing my pants at the same time. That's when I reached down and pushed her away from me. I didn't need to see her face, but I could feel the tension start to seep into the room. She stood up, clearing her throat nervously. She hesitated before leaning forward and planting a kiss on my lips that I couldn't return. After an awkward moment, she pulled away from me and just stared. It was hard to make out in the darkness of the room, but I knew her face was burning crimson. I could almost feel the heat off of her. I groaned as she took a step back from me and grabbed her shirt from a nearby chair, my erection still throbbing from how close it was to feeling pleasure. So why couldn't I feel any? She started to grab her pants when I finally found my voice.

"Wait." I stepped away from the board, running my hands through my hair. I heard her drop her shoes with a thud on the tile.

"For what?" Her voice was shaky. Was she crying? She's definitely pissed off. I reached down and pulled my pants back up.

"I don't ... I don't know what happened. I didn't mean ..."

"You know, you knew where this night was headed. All you had to do was say something instead of making me look like a fucking idiot!" I heard her jacket snap as she ripped it off of whatever it was laying on.

"That's not what I was doing. I want to... trust me, I fucking want to, I just ...."

"Save it, Frank. You're just making it worse." Her voice cracked. Now she's crying. I groaned again. I had to squint as she threw the door open, letting in the light from the hall. I couldn't see to find my shirt so I just ran out after her with just my pants on.

"Christine, will you just listen to me!" I yelled as she was already halfway down the hall. She turned to look at me, her arms crossed. Her face was pink with a slight sheen of sweat on it. Mostly from being drunk I'm sure, but she's definitely sober now. "Look... I like you a lot. You're so awesome, you're attractive, but... there's a girl..." I scratched the back of my head. I had never told anyone about Angela. I never had a reason to. I saw the look on her face go from humiliation to disbelief.

"A girl? Are you fucking kidding me!? Now I'm a home wrecker!" She yelled as she turned and kept walking out the building.

"Will you fucking wait!?" I ran back in the room, grabbed my shirt, jacket, and shoes, and ran after her. She was well down the sidewalk as I quickly pulled on my shirt and jacket, slipping my converse on at the same time, trying not to trip. I quickly caught up with her as she walked fast paced back in the direction of the bar, her arms crossed over her chest. I caught a glimpse of her face and realized she was crying. I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"There's a whole other sidewalk you could walk on you know?" She said through clenched teeth.

"Please listen to me." I was begging at this point. She didn't answer. "Look, You don't have to say anything, just listen." I gave her another look. She didn't bat an eye. I took a deep breath as I launched into the story of Angela and what happened with us and what I've dealt with the past year. When I was finished an even more awkward silence fell over us again. "Say something, please." At this point we had arrived back at the bar. She walked up to her car and violently shoved the keys in the door. When she went to pull her door open, I quickly shot my hand out and shut it. She turned to glare at me.

"What, Frank? You're hung up on a girl. I got it."

"Why are you so pissed? I told you everything."

"So why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Lead me on like that?"

"Lead you on?" I shook my head in confusion.

"Frank, I'm not stupid. The way you talked to me, the way you looked at me. I thought I'd give it a shot. So if you knew how you felt about her this whole time, why did you do that to me?"

"Cause I just want to get over her!" I said it before I could stop myself. On cue, she reached out and slapped me across the face, the cold air making it that much more intense. Her glare was colder if that was even possible. "I-I'm sorry.." I stammered.

"You know, that Angela girl was really stupid for getting with you, but the smartest thing she did was leave. You said she's in California right? I guarantee she's sleeping with someone right now. I don't blame her. You're an asshole."

"I said I was sorry! Why don't you get that? I stopped you because I don't want to hurt you!"

"When you come up with something better than that bullshit, let me know. I have to go." With the she climbed into her car. I didn't stop her this time as she quickly left the parking lot.

That was over a week ago. The first class after that she had cancelled, and every class since then has been hell. She wouldn't look at me or address me, and when she did it was to attempt to humiliate me, but she had gone too far this time. She had never kicked me out of class before. I looked up to see a few people walking out of the building. Class must be over. A few moments later I saw Christine walk out, digging around in her messenger bag and not paying attention. When she was a few feet from her car, she looked up and saw me and promptly stopped in her tracks.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her hands frozen on her keys.

"We need to talk."

"No we don't. You already talked remember?"

"So why are you being a bitch to me? I was honest with you."

"Excuse me?"

"No, you are being a bitch and you know it. I explained everything and you still treat me like shit. What's your deal?"

"It's none of your business."

"Yes it most certainly fucking is my business. You just kicked me out of class."

"I don't have time for this." She tried to push past me to get to her car but I wouldn't let her. She shoved me harder so I grabbed her by the shoulders. Her eyes widened in disbelief. "Get your hands off of me." She seethed.

"Not until you answer me."

"Frank--"

"Christine."

"Why do you--"

I didn't let her finish her sentence. I did the first thing that popped in my head. I kissed her. Hard. She was completely stunned under my hands for a moment, then her body finally relaxed. Then I felt her shudder. I pulled away only to find that she had tears in her eyes. I softened my original approach and stared at her with concern.

"What? I thought that's what you wanted?"

"No..." She choked as a tear slid down her cheek. I let her arms go as she quickly reached up and brushed it away.

"What did I do now? Why won't you just--"

"I'm married." She looked up at me through tear stained lashes. My mouth hung open, unable to respond. She took in a shaky breath and fell against my chest and began to cry openly. I let my hands slowly wrap around her. I wasn't able to do anything else but just hold her stunned, confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, did you see that coming? Sorry for the delay on updates. I'm really trying to keep this moving as much as I can. Let me know what you think. Cheers.