Angel, Put Me Back Together Again

Awake Me From My Nightmare

Angela’s POV

I checked my bags for the third time in the last hour, making sure everything was there and ready to go. I sighed out in defeat as I fell back onto my bed. This was it. I’m ready to fly back home. Closing my eyes, I inhaled the scent of the room that I had called mine for some time now. Not my dorm room, but Zack’s room. I hadn’t been to my dorm in months, and I didn’t really care. College didn’t seem to fit me well, and I didn’t see myself going any further with it but I had other reasons to stay. When I opened my eyes, I yelped when I saw Zack leaning over me, a smirk playing at his lips making his piercings glint. I had to bite my own lip from attacking his and just smiled up at him.

“What?” I suddenly felt very shy lying underneath him, like I hadn’t been here a hundred times before. He reached a hand out to brush the hair out of my eyes, letting his hand linger on my cheek. I sighed and my eyes closed once again as I leaned into his calloused, yet soft hand. I jumped as I felt his lips lock onto mine, crushing them with more pressure than I had anticipated. I began to find a rhythm with him, but froze when I noticed something was missing. Something didn’t feel right. The lip rings. There was only one. I let one eye sneak open before both of them almost bulged out of my head. My eyes fell right on the scorpion tattoo just inches from my face. I tried to push him off of me as I began to gasp for air. I was able to disconnect with him only for a second.

“Frank!” I choked out, reaching up to push him away. An evil grin smeared across his face as he returned to his assault, his hands holding mine firmly to the bed. I tried to kick and scream for help but it was no use. The harder I fought, the harder his grip became, making me yell only for it to resonate against his lips on mine. His mouth moved from my lips to my neck and bit down hard, making me cry out in pain. I felt a tear escape and run down the side of my face and into my hair. I took in a long jagged breath and managed to cry out.

“Zack!” I yelled as loud as I could, making my ears ring as the sound bounced off the bedroom walls. Frank shot up and looked me right in the eyes, his own blazing with a rage I had never seen in him before.

“Do you love him?” He growled. It didn’t even sound like him. I whimpered. “Do you love him?!” He barked once more. I began to sob, unable to answer as he continued to taunt me with the same question over and over, all the while his body grinding into mine.


I gasped for air as I shot up in bed. There was a layer of sweat covering my body. I looked around the room, my breathing uneven, my hands shaking against the covers. I took in a shaky breath and looked at the other side of the bed. I couldn’t stop the audible sigh of relief when I saw Zack laying there, his chest rising and falling at a much slower pace than my own. I ran my hands through my hair, still trying to shake the feeling of what just happened. It was just a dream. Or a nightmare. This wasn’t the first one I have had since that night at the restaurant a few months ago and I doubt it will be the last.

Light was starting to pour into the room from the windows. I glanced at the clock on the night stand to see that it was only seven in the morning. I slid out of bed, doing my best not to wake Zack up. I paced the room over to the window and looked out at the view of the neighborhood. The sweat began to cool me down and a shiver ran up my spine, or maybe it was just the thought of the dream I just had. I didn’t want to think about it anymore as I wrapped my arms around myself. There was a little bit of truth behind my dream. My bags were packed and ready to go back to Jersey. It was the end of the semester and whether I wanted to or not, I had to go back and assure my family that I was still alive. I had fought with the idea of bringing Zack back with me, but I hadn’t talked to him about it yet. I’m sure if I asked, he would go, I just wasn’t sure what was going to happen once we got there.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and I almost screamed, but was able to stop myself. I spun around and Zack looked down at me with a sleepy smile.

“Woah, chill. It’s just me.” He said, stifling a yawn. I managed to smile back, but he had my hands shaking again. “Why are you up so early?”

“Couldn’t sleep.” I managed to say as I calmed down once more, leaning into his naked chest. He hugged me tighter to him and yawned again.

“Well I’m not ready to get up yet. Wanna lie back down?”

“Sure.” I laced my hand in his as he led me back to the bed, pulling me into the sheets with him as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. I finally felt completely calmed as I began to run my fingers through his hair. He started to drift back to sleep but startled himself awake.

“Shit, you leave today.” His eyes were suddenly wider as he looked up at me. I frowned slightly and nodded my head. “Are you sure you want to go alone? I can come with you”

“I know. I want you to come it’s just … I don’t know what’s going to happen when we’re there you know? And I don’t know how long I’ll be staying…” I rattled off some reasons to him, but in my head I was weighing the pros and cons of him coming with me or not coming with me. He looked a little upset as he wrapped his arms tighter around me.

“I could come with you for a few days then fly back. You can stay as long as you need to. I won’t go if you don’t want me to, but just say the word, and I’ll get some shit together. I want to be with you but I understand if it’s too much for me to go…” He was trying to guilt trip me without straight up saying it. I closed my eyes and sighed. He gave me a few moments of silence to run it all through my head before finally answering.

“I want you to come with me. Just not right now. Let me go down by myself for a while, and then I’ll tell you when it’s ok to come down. I want to have time to get used to the transition and … the shit I’m going to have to deal with.” I choked on my own words, unable to even say his name. I chose something less hurtful.

“It’s whatever you want babe.” He smiled as he leaned up and kissed my neck, causing me to shiver once more. Since that night at the restaurant, I had asked me to stop calling me Angel. It just hurt too much to hear it anymore. Now he opted for the generic pet names, and I was ok with that. My plane didn’t fly out for a few more hours, so I took what time I had left with him and focused on that as I curled up into his chest, taking in a deep breath of his scent, savoring it as I fell back into a much easier sleep.

When I awoke the second time, I was much more refreshed, but just as uneasy. It was hard to think of leaving Zack, but it was only going to be for a little while. I gripped his hand in mine as he drove me to the airport. I ran my fingers across his knuckles, memorizing the way they felt and the tattoos engraved into the back of his hands. I barely took my eyes off of him, wanting to remember every part of him. His concerned look in tight traffic, his relaxed look on the open road, the way he smiled and I knew it was at me though his eyes never left the road. When we stepped out of the car at the airport and began to retrieve my bags, he surprised me when he took the bag from my hand, sat it down and took me in his arms, kissing me deeply and passionately, not caring that people were staring. One arm was secured around my waist while the other hand had a firm grip on my backside. I blushed but kissed him back, loving the feeling of him holding me this way. It brought me back to so many nights that he had dominated me in this way, in his room, the stair case, the kitchen. No room in that house was sacred and I loved that. My skin pricked with delight at the thought that he would take me right now against the car if he really wanted to. He didn’t need to tell me, but I could feel it pressed against me and I groaned against his lips, wishing we had more time. He smiled against me and pulled away slowly, his face slightly flushed knowing exactly what we both wanted in this moment. I bit at my lip, trying to control myself in public as I watched him look at me with his lust filled eyes.

“I’m really fucking bummed your leaving.” He let his hand come up from my back to my hair and pushed it out of my face.

“It’ll only be for a little bit. I’ll call you every day and let you know when you can come down.”

“I know … It still sucks.”

“Yeah …” I looked down, not wanting to be the first to say goodbye. We sat in silence, neither of us wanting to make the first move to leave. He pulled me against him, pressing his face into the side of my neck the way he always did, making me sigh.

“I love you.” He whispered, kissing me just below my ear and I shivered.

“I love you, too.” I was trying my hardest not to get upset, but hearing him say that made it that much harder. I was about to let him go when I heard an announcement over the airport. My flight had been delayed due to an electronic malfunction. It was going to be about another hour now. Zack looked down at me and a Cheshire smile crept up on his lips. “What?” I asked as his infectious smile began to spread on my face.

“Bathroom?”

“What?” I asked feeling confused.

“Bathroom?” He asked again, raising his eyebrows and pushing his hips against mine suggestively. My face flushed and looked around the airport like someone might be listening.

“Are you serious?”

“Is that a yes?” He bit his lip and I felt my insides melt. Unable to form words, I laughed nervously and shook my head. “That’s a yes.” He said as he reached down and grabbed my bags, throwing them back in the car before leading me to the nearest family restroom. I tried not to look suspicious as we slipped into the bathroom and locked the door behind us, not bothering to turn on the light as his greedy mouth found mine for one last adventure before I was Jersey bound.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day. I know this one doesn't have a lot of depth, but I wanted to show the time that had past. Hope you enjoy it. Cheers.