I Need Him, My Gerard

Gerard's dad

I get all my school books and stationary packed into my rucksack, and get changed and have a shower, because I didn’t bring a spare change of clothes for the surprise trip. At about five in the evening, I phoned Gerard.

“Hello?”

“Oh, hi Mr. Way, is Gerard in?”

“Is this Frank Iero?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t want you seeing my sons anymore. You turned my son gay, and I never want to see you in this house or near my sons, I won’t have you poisoning Michael as well.”

“Erm, I didn’t TURN anyone gay, I’ve been with Gee for months, I’m sorry, but he asked
me out.”

“Goodbye.”

There was a sharp click as he hung up. I thought I was going to cry, I was so shaken up. I didn’t think Gerard’s parents were homophobic. Mind you I had never thought about it before. Gerard hardly ever spoke about them, and Mikey was often upset by them. I was a little worried, should I stop talking to Gerard and Mikey? No of course not, I love them, and nobody can change that, or stop me being with them. I hope Gerard calls me, because there is no way I can call there again, his dad might be waiting to answer and shout at me again.
I lay on my bed. It was so unfair. Why did he have to have such awful parents? They don’t deserve such a wonderful son, that’s for sure. I let a tiny tear fall onto my pillow. My mum came up and knocked on the door.

“Go away,” I said, but I knew she wouldn’t.

“Sorry, Gerard’s at the door, don’t you want to see him?” I sprung up, wiping my eyes gently.

“Does it look like I’ve been crying?” I asked her.

“No sweetie. Shall I send him up?”

“Yeah ok.”
I heard my mums muffled voice downstairs, and then I heard heavy footsteps
Coming up the stairs. My door creaked open, and Gerard stepped inside. He came and sat next to me on the bed. “I thought you were going to call.” I thought about whether or not I should tell him what happened. Secrets break up relationships, so I decided to tell him what happened.

“I did phone.”

“Oh. I was in all night though.”

“Yeah, your dad picked up.”

“Oh, what did he say?”

“He told me I turned you gay and that I wasn’t to see you or Mikey ever again, in case I
poisoned him.” I had gotten over it, but I started crying anyway.

“Oh Frankie, I”m sorry,” he whispered.

He held me in his arms, and I just held him back.

“My dad is awful, I never meant for you to meet him. Please don’t take any notice of what he said; I don’t want to loose you because of him.”

“I’m not, I love you way to much, but it shook me up a little bit, you know.”

“Yeah, I love you too.” We hugged, and he kissed me softly, as I held him, wanting to be with him for ever, I cared so much about him.

“I have to go baby, but me and Mikey will meet you on the corner tomorrow at eight ‘o’ clock. Please don’t be late though baby, I really don’t want to miss school.

“I’ll hurry, for you. In fact I’ll even set my alarm earlier.”

He laughed. “Frankie, the day you get up before half past seven will be the day that I take P.E seriously.”

“Oh. You better get your gym kit together then,” I said, laughing as his eyes widened.

“I don’t think so. I’ll see you tomorrow baby, I have to go shout at my dad now.”

“You can do that?”

“Yeah, he’ll hit me a bit, but it’s worth it, I have to show them you need to be treated right, because you’re the one who saved me. I started crying again.

“Oh Gee, that’s an incredible thing to say.” He kissed me, brushed me cheek, and went to the door.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Morning, ok?”

“Yeah.”
Then he left, and I flopped down on my bed, worried about Gerard, wondering if his dad would beat him up, and if he does on my account, I would never forgive myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry, i'm having a slow time with this story, but it will pick up soon, and i'll still write each day, so keep looking
thanks to all my readers and commentors, you keep me writing
please comment and tell me if the chapter works