I Need Him, My Gerard

School

I got up an hour earlier, so I wouldn’t be late to walk to school. Hey, maybe my schoolwork will improve as well. It’s unlikely though, really unlikely. I had a shower, got dressed extra carefully and did my hair and make up carefully. That took me like forever. But it’s worth it; I have to be really hot to be Gerard’s boyfriend. I left with ten minutes spare so I could be early for Gee. Am I really sad? Rhetorical question. I got to the corner and leaned casually against the wall, waiting for my best friend and my boy friend.
“Frank!” shouted Mikey, running towards me.
I studied him, was he looking mad or happy? I couldn’t tell. He hugged me, and then slapped my head really hard.

“Hey! What was that for?”

“You made Gerard get into a fight with my dad. He couldn’t win that.”

“Oh. Where is he?” I asked, panicking.

“There.” he replied, waving his hand backwards.
There he was, huddled over, staring at the floor; his hair messed up and screwed over his face. I ran to him.
“Gee, I knew this would happen, baby, what’s wrong?”
He mumbled, and lifted his head to look at me. I gasped in horror. His face was red, his lip was broken and his eye was purple and swollen. He had an obvious cut on his forehead.

“Oh Gerard. Please forgive me.”

“You haven’t done anything wrong babe. I had to fight for you.”

“But your dad hurt you. It’s my fault.” I kissed his cheek and ran my hand lightly through his hair.
“I love you so much,” I whispered.
He smiled, and winced as his lip broke open again, spilling a little blood onto his chin. I licked it off, tasting him.

“Are you ready to go to school?” I asked him.

“Yes, but, could you hold my hand? I think I’d feel a little better, and a whole lot braver.”

“Of course I will baby. But if it helps you still look hot.”

He smiled, but a small smile, and I grabbed his hand. He had skin and blood under his nails, but I didn’t ask about it. I knew Gerard could hold up a fight if he had to. Mikey came over and slid his arm through mine, liking us into a row of three. We walked purposefully in time towards the school building, ready to face another year of ridicule and we would probably get a new nickname when they saw us together. I have my first two lessons with Mikey, a double period, so I don’t have to worry, and we’re meeting up with Gerard for lunch.

“Bye Gerard, see you at lunch on the steps right?”

“Right.” he said.
I turned around to go, and he shouted,

“Frankie, wait,”
I turned around, as did many people, because he shouted quite loud. He strides up to me and kissed me hard on the lips, sticking his tongue in my mouth momentarily, and then he left in the opposite direction. I shrugged, trying to ignore the whispering and pointing and dirty comments thrown in my direction. I saw Mikey, and quickened my pace, until I almost broke into a run.

“Mikey, what’s up dude?”

“Nothing. I’m going to class and you’re coming with me.”

“Yeah,” I said, walking along beside him.

We got into class about two minutes early. I had never experienced this before. I guess Mikey is often early or at least on time for lessons. I’ll follow him around today. We sat down.

“So dude, what happened last night?” I asked Mikey. He flinched.

“Gerard came home and walked straight into the front room, where my parents were watching T.V. He said. Dad, did you have a conversation with my BOYFRIEND Frankie
Earlier?”

“No,” he smirked.
“I had a conversation with a lousy fag called Frank.”

Then Gerard got really mad and just lunged at my dad, punching him hard in the stomach. Dad grabbed him by the hair, and Gerard clawed his face. That was the last shot Gerard got in, and then he was just swearing at my dad, and having the crap beat out of him.

“That’s it?” I asked.

“Yeah. He got beaten up for his boyfriend’s dignity. A love story to remember,” he said
Sarcastically.

“Look, I didn’t ask him to fight for me; I just told him what happened.”
“Yeah, but Gerard is the sort of guy who that kind of thing really matters to.”

“I know. Next time do you think I shouldn’t tell him?”

“Erm, tell him, but don’t act all bothered about it or cry,” he laughed as my face fell.

“I honestly don’t know why I cried, I’d gotten over it when I told him. It all just came out.” He laughed, but shook his head.

“Do you really love Gerard?”

“Mikey, do you want to know the answer?”

“Yes, I can handle it. Gerard answered the question.”

“He did. What did he say?”

“Tell me your answer and I’ll tell you his.”

“OK I love him, with all my heart and I never loved anyone more and I never will.”

“That’s sweet, but Gerard’s was sweeter.”

“Tell me what he said,” I asked eagerly, hoping his answer was that he loved me too.

“You’ll have to ask him, it will sound better coming from him.”

“Mikey, you really are an incredible biatch,”

I said. He gasped in mock horror. Suddenly the bell went, and it was time for lunch. Two hours went fast.
“Yay, lunch.”

I grabbed Mikey and dragged him off to the steps, not listening to his complaints. Gerard was already there when we got down, and I swung Mikey round and down onto the ground with me.

“Hi baby,” he said, pecking me on the cheek.

“Hi Gee, good morning?”

“No, everyone pretended to be concerned about my face, then someone brought up that little kiss we had this morning, and then everyone went back to pointing at me and calling me dirty names.”

“Aww, poor baby,” I said, kissing him on the lips. I stroked his tender cheek.
“How does it feel?”

“Kind of painful, but OK.” He put on a brave smile.

“Hey, it was only about ten minutes ago that I realised you sort of drank my blood this morning.”

“Oh yeah, it was dripping off your lip very seductively, did it freak you out a bit?”

“Erm no, quite the opposite actually, it kind of turned me on.” I grinned and kissed him. He grinned back, forgetting the pain of his broken lip.

“What have you got for lunch today Gee?” I asked him, thinking back to the first time we ate lunch together.

“Erm, nothing. My parents wouldn’t give me FOOD after last night; my dad practically threw me out of the house.”

“Where did you sleep?” I asked him, worried all of a sudden.

“I went to stay with James; he recently got a new place with his girlfriend. When I showed up crying and looking the way I did he let me stay. He doesn’t care that I’m gay.”

He said that last bit rather quietly.

“Why didn’t you come to me?” I asked him quietly.

“I didn’t want to freak you out or impose, besides, James’ house is closer. Don’t worry babe,” he said looking at my upset face, “I would go to you if James wasn’t there, and I thought about you when I was there, I thought about you the whole time last night.”

“Oh Gerard, I thought about you all night too, I was so worried about you.”

“Don’t worry about me Frankie, I’ll always survive, right.” He kissed me.

“You’re having half my lunch,” I said, not caring what lame excuse he would make up to get out of it.
“Yeah, and half of mine,” said Mikey.

“Thanks guys, I have the best brother,”

He said, squeezing Mikey’s shoulder,

“And the best boy friend,’

He said, kissing me and shoving his tongue in my mouth, not bothering to ask permission to explore my mouth,
“In the world.”
He finally finished, before going in for another kiss. I giggled and was very aware of people staring at us, but as the kiss got more intense, I moved into it, and we heated up, touching each other, until Mikey shoved Gerard over and it was broken. I looked up, as did Gerard, to find about fifty kids watching us. They looked angry, and disgusted, but for the first time ever I couldn’t care less. Gerard was wavering though, so I squeezed his hand supportively, and he smiled and glared back at them with me and Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter took me ages.
comment please, i need them to improve
love you all oh faithful readers and lovers of Frerard