I Need Him, My Gerard

Valentines day at last

Finally it’s Valentines Day. I’m looking forward to Gerard coming over tonight. He didn’t say what we were going to see, but he promised there was a nice jumbo bag of skittles involved and the back of the cinema, so I’m happy. I don’t mind what we see, but I really don’t want to see an R rated horror. I’m a wimp, I scream like a girl and I’m worried that I wouldn’t get into one because of my size. That would be majorly embarrassing. I reckon we’ll see a comedy.
Only six hours to get ready for tonight. I think I’ll see what my mums doing today. This will actually be the first date I’ve had on Valentines Day.
Surprise, surprise my mum is staying at home like she has every year since dad left. Usually we spend the night watching movies and eating ice cream and skittles. I felt guilty for abandoning her, but not too much, I was still really excited about actually going out tonight. Besides, my mum is just as excited as I am, she’s hopping around and shoving piles of clothes at me, fussing with my hair and stuff. She rewrapped my presents for Gerard, saying the paper was too plain and my wrapping was terrible. Fair point. I was actually shocked when she brought it back. It was in glossy paper with swirly glittery ribbon. Gerard is going to love it.
Only four hours until we go out. I did my hair, chose my outfit and flopped down on the couch next to my mum.

“Nervous?” she asked, smiling at me.

“No, it’s just Gerard,” I said coolly.

“Right. I’m proud of you Frankie.”

“For what?”

“Growing up right.”

“Mum, growing up isn’t an achievement, it just happens.”

“I know, but still, I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks mum,” I said, grinning and kissing her on the cheek. There was a knock on the door. I got up and went to the door.

“Gerard, you’re like an hour ear…” He kissed me, bringing his hand to my neck.

“I went almost a whole day without seeing you, I couldn’t survive.”

“Aww, how sweet. Do you want to hang out for a bit?”

“Yeah ok.” We went inside and slumped on the sofa, just like it was a normal day. Then we kissed, and he pulled me up.

“Come on Gee, what is it?”

“We have to go. I have a restaurant reservation.”

“You got a reservation. That’s a first.”

“Shut up you.”

“I’m sorry baby.”

“Don’t worry.” We got to the restaurant. We sat down and ordered our food and a bottle of wine. The restaurant was full of couples, straight couples, having romantic dinners together. We got a dirty look from almost every couple, until they just ignored us, or we ignored them. When we had our meal, Gerard payed, even though I got my wallet out, and we linked hands and left.
“Where to now hunny?” I asked, leaning against his shoulder.

“Cinema?” he asked, even though we had agreed to go before.

“What film did you have in mind?” I asked him.

“To be honest I don’t mind, I won’t be watching much of it anyway.” He said, grinning at me and kissing my neck.

“And why is that?” I asked, even though I knew the answer already.

“I’ll be focusing on you,” he said.

“Sweet. If it’s a good movie don’t expect me to do the same,” I joked. He laughed. I kissed him and dragged him into the cinema. Gerard bought tickets and I bought skittles and popcorn. We jogged to the back of the cinema and sat down. We giggled and chatted through the adverts. Then we shut up and I snuggled into Gerard’s shoulder as the film started. Through the film we had a popcorn war, and then Gerard tried to have a skittle war, which was not going to happen. I ate them and kissed him with them in my mouth, letting him eat a few of them. Then we settled down to make out and stuff for the rest of the film, watching a little of the film every now and then, but I would fail a quiz on the movie if I was asked.

“That was a good movie,” he said as we left, cuddled up close against the cold.

“Oh, so you were watching it the whole way through were you?”

“Yeah, it was about this boy who seduced me and threw skittles in my mouth and giggled at me.”

“Sounds cool. Was the boy hot?”

“Hell yeah, I fancied him like crazy, couldn’t take my eyes off him actually.”

“Should I be jealous?” I asked him.

“No,” he said, kissing me and taking me outside. I gasped as the cold air hit me, making my teeth chatter and my body shake. Suddenly I was draped in a warm heavy jacket. It was Gerard’s. I looked at him; he didn’t even feel the cold.

“You’re not cold?” I asked him.

“No,” he said, kissing me.

“Alright.” I said, pushing into him.
“I’m really tired, I think I’m going to go home Gerard.”

“What about my promised fun?” he said, pouting.

“You’re not only being sweet so you can get something are you?” I asked slyly.

“No. How about I kiss you now, and we will make love tomorrow?”

“OK, I will agree to that.”

“Shall I walk you to your door?”

“No, you go home, I don’t mind.”

“Alright. I love you Frankie,” he said, kissing me hard and stroking my hair.

“Love you too Gee.”

Nothing can be better in my life. Mum’s already in bed; and I’m leaning against the wall, grinning like an idiot. The phone rang. Who would be calling at this hour? It’s like one in the morning. I hurriedly pick up the phone so I don’t wake mum.

“Hello?”

“Hello Frank.” My world shook, and I think my heart stopped for a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think?
commentsxxx