I Need Him, My Gerard

Unmarked door

Sitting in this waiting room was driving me crazy. I just want to hit something. It doesn’t help that the doctor shut the blinds in Gerard’s room so I can’t even make sure he’s ok. Seriously, the minute Gee gets out of this hell hole, I’m going to take out my revenge on him, and it won’t be pretty or legal in fact. Besides, tomorrow is the last day of the Easter holidays, so if he wasn’t out by then I would have to go back to school, and he’d miss some valuable school time, which he badly needed if he actually wanted to graduate. Not that I’d mind if he got held back a year, which would mean I’d get more time with him, but it would really screw up his life, and I definitely didn’t want that.

“Excuse me, are you here for Gerard way?” I looked up to see some woman looking at me.

“Erm, yeah, why, what’s wrong?” I asked her, suddenly feeling panicked.

“He’s gone into a coma, due to a forced overdose of insulin.”

“How? When?” I stuttered out, confused and upset all at the same time.

“Well, you see, his doctor is against homosexuals, and we are very sorry, but, he tried to deliberately kill him.” She shuffled her feet, obviously feeling very uncomfortable with the whole situation.

“Why would anyone want to hurt my baby?” I said, more to myself than to her, but she felt the need to answer me anyway, which actually annoyed me.

“I don’t know, and I’m very sorry, Gerard is a very nice boy, I helped look after him the day he came in.” I raised an eyebrow. In the drunken state he was in when he came in there was no way that he was nice, more like aggressive and arrogant.

“Sure he was, but that is discrimination, and attempted MURDER, so what are you going to do about it?” I spat at her, obviously referring back to the doctors atrocious act of violence against my baby.

“The police have been called, and are on there way, he’s being held right now. What we need to know, Mr. Iero, is whether or not your going to sue the hospital.” She looked pleadingly at me, and no matter how angry I was, or how little I cared about these people, it didn’t seem fair to ruin a place that saves lives, and saved my baby, after all, it wasn’t the hospitals fault they had a homophobic doctor.

“No, of course we won’t sue the hospital, just make sure that homophobic scumbag rots in jail,” I spat.

“I’m sure he will, and rest assured sir, the hospital will testify against him in court, we do not tolerate behavior or views like his in this facility.” She nodded her head reassuringly, and gasped as she glanced out the window.

“The police are here, I’m Alicia by the way,” she said, smiling slightly at me, making me smile in return.

“Frank,” I said, following her down the corridor and round to meet with the police.

I leaned against the wall, overwhelmed by everything. The doctor just came past in handcuffs. He saw me and shouted some rude things, things a hell of a lot worse then the guys at school, worse then the things my dad said, and he tried to kill Gerard, might have succeeded for all I know, they won’t let me see him. That’s it. I went right up to the doctor, and nobody tried to stop me.

“People like you don’t deserve to be in the world,” I hissed, spitting right in his face. No one told me not to, and everyone gave me understanding looks. I stalked quickly up the corridor. If they wouldn’t let me in to see Gerard, I would have to find my own way in, because I just couldn’t stand around waiting when my whole world could be fading away somewhere so close by.

I looked at each door, reading the labels. Finally I got to the end of the corridor, and an unlabeled door. I assumed they wouldn’t have time to put a label on the door if Gerard was only just rushed in there, so I went in. I took one step in and fell on my knees. There was Gerard, smaller and weaker then I had ever seen him before. I swear if it wasn’t for the constant beating of a heart monitor, screaming at me to keep the faith, I would have thought he was dead. I crawled over to his bed, gripping his cold hand. I began crying, and I just couldn’t believe what was happening. My Gerard, lying almost dead because someone hated the way he was. It just wasn’t fair. Then again, nothing in this world was fair, and recently I had come to realise that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been a little while longer than i usually leave it, sorry guys, love ot my subscribers and commentors x