I Need Him, My Gerard

Mikey and...

“Oh Frankie, I’m so sorry,” Mikey gushed, flinging himself onto me and hugging me so tightly I thought I would suffocate, but I was glad to have the comfort.

“What for Mikes?”

“Just, everything.” He sighed and I felt really bad for him, he’d obviously been beating himself up about it.

“It’s ok,” I soothed.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I have to ask you guys to leave,” Alicia stood there apologetically, but we weren’t fussing over Gerard right now anyway, so I didn’t mind. I glanced at Mikey, who was checking Alicia out with sparkling eyes. I smirked, a new matchmaking project for me and Gerard, actually, a new matchmaking project for me.

“That’s fine. Alicia this is Mikey, Gerard’s brother, and Mikey, this is Alicia, Gerard’s nurse.” I introduced them, and Mikey took Alicia’s hand. I got up and went to the door, and turned round to see if Mikey was following. He was still holding Alicia’s hand, and they were staring at each other intently. I know I shouldn’t but I just had to.

“Mikey wants Alicia BAD,” I shouted, leaping out the room. I peered through the window, and they were holding hands, Alicia giggling. I rolled my eyes, they really didn’t need any time to get together.
Mikey and Alicia came out the room a few minutes later, hands clasped together.

“You two together now?” I asked, although the answer was already blatantly obvious.

“Yeah,” Mikey said, blushing.

“Though you would hit it off,” I said sadly, glancing towards the door behind which my true love was slowly fading.

“Hey Frank, I’ve got to sort him out now, and people aren’t allowed in, but if you want to sit by him, no one will know,” she said kindly, winking at me. I grinned back and crept back into the room, taking a seat by Gerard, and gripping his hand.

“Frank, you really don’t have to worry too much about him, his vital signs are wonderful, and I personally think he’ll be stable in a few days.”

Having someone like her reassure me made me feel better, because she probably knows what she’s talking about.

“Thanks Alicia, you don’t know what that means to me.”

“Thank you Frank for introducing me to Mikey,” she smiled at me. I smiled back at her, before turning my attention back to Gerard.

“I’m all done here, so you can have some alone time with Gerard?”

“Yeah, thanks,” I said gratefully. She nodded and left, closing the door behind her. I sighed back into my chair and stroked Gerard’s hand.

“Hey Gee. How many times have I sat here whilst you lay unconscious in a hospital bed? It’s not fair Gerard, you mustn’t keep doing this to yourself. You don’t have a purpose in life at the moment Gerard, and it breaks my heart because you are capable of so much. I love you Gerard, please wake up, not just from this coma, but from this stupid dream you’re in where you delude yourself.”

I gazed at him, and I could have sworn I saw his eyes flicker.

“Gerard, Gerard are you awake?” I asked frantically, gently probing his shoulder.

“Yeah…” came his weak and cracked reply. Who would have thought that the words of such a broken man would give me so much hope?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, sorry it's been a long time since i updated, and i just COULDN'T kill Gee off, the story is still young, much more frerardyness to go