I Need Him, My Gerard

Wake up

“Gerard, Gerard are you awake?” I asked frantically, gently probing his shoulder.

“Yeah…” came his weak and cracked reply. Who would have thought that the words of such a broken man would give me so much hope?

“Oh, Gee, I can’t believe you’re awake,” I gushed, leaning down and kissing his chapped lips.

“Frankie, I feel sick,” he moaned, his voice breaking slightly.

“I’m not really surprised; you’ve been in a coma for a few days now baby.” I said, stroking his face lightly.

“What? How did that happen, I was ok before wasn’t I?” He asked frantically.

“Yeah, but it was that doctor, you know the homophobic one that we hated.”

“What did he do to me?” Gerard asked, fear in his eyes.

“He gave you an insulin overdose.” I said quietly.
There was a long pause and Gerard just stared at the white ceiling and I stared at Gerard.

“Where is he now?”

“Prison.” I said, trying desperately to calm him down.

“Frankie, will you look after me now?” He asked, fear in his eyes.

Forever and ever Gee,” I said, and he sighed back into his pillow and closed his eyes. I smiled slightly and got up. His eyes shot open as I dropped his hand onto the bed.

“Frankie?” he said, staring at me.

“Stay here baby, I’m just going to get the nurse, I need to let her know you’re awake.”

“Don’t leave me.”

“Ok.” He was being overly clingy right now, and I didn’t mind, not after what he’d just been through. Because deep down inside, I know it’s my fault that this happened to Gerard. I got out my phone and called Mikey.

“Dude, I’m right outside, why are you calling me?”

“Gerard’s woken up now.”

“Seriously? That’s great news, can I come in now?”

“Yeah, and get the nurse.”

“Alicia.”

“Yeah, her.”

“Fine.” Then he hung up sharply. I think I annoyed him by calling Alicia the nurse. I don’t have time for that right now though; all I care about is fixing Gerard up and getting him safe. Mikey walked in a few moments later, followed shortly by Alicia.

“How long ago did he wake up?”

“About ten minutes ago.”

“Ok, well I’m going to need you to step away from the bed so I can get him sorted,” she said, and I got up, once again dropping Gerard’s hand.

“Frankie,” he moaned softly, then whimpered at the lack of contact.

“It’s ok Gee, I’m right here.” I said, and he sighed again.

“Fantastic, all his vital signs are up, he’ll be out in a few days,” Alicia said, seeming genuinely happy as she went over to Mikey and pecked his lips. I made gagging noises, and Gerard giggled.

“Hey, I NEVER did that to you guys when you were practically making out on my lap,” Mikey mumbled before kissing Alicia again.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been a while, and this is pretty crap