I Need Him, My Gerard

He likes me back

Just as I was about to hit Gerard very very hard, we heard Mrs. Way shouting
'Mikey's home, Mikey’s home.’ Gerard got up and grinned at me, then raced out of the room and up the stairs. I shook my head and sighed, Gerard is such a man whore, and went upstairs to see Mikey, for the first time in two weeks.
When I got up there, Mikey and Gerard were embracing in a huge bear hug, and Gerard nuzzled into Mikey’s neck, crying as he did so. I knew that it was brotherly love, but I couldn’t help feeling a little bit jealous of Mikey, because Gerard had never hugged me like that. Mikey finally peeled Gerard off him, and ran at me, throwing me in a hug against the wall.

‘Hey Mikey.’ I said, laughing at Gerard as he was clearly jealous of me,
because he hugged Mikey, Mikey hugged me. I smirked at Gerard, and wrapped my arms around Mikey.

‘I missed you so much dude.’ he gasped.

‘I have a present for you Mikey,’ I said, pulling the little box out of my back pocket.

‘Hey, you didn’t have to get me anything,’ he said, but he grinned and opened it all the same.

‘Wow, thanks dude, it’s perfect,’ he gushed.

‘Don’t mention it,’

I said, feeling guilty. Gerard had missed Mikey a lot more than I had, and Mikey was fussing over me. Mind you, I had to remind myself I was still mad at Gerard for being such a sexy git and incredible tease. So I blew him a kiss and pouted at him, then I hugged Mikey again.

Well, I’m glad you’re back, but I got to run or my mum will have a go. Catch you later?’

‘Oh, yeah how about me and Gerard swing by your place later?’

‘Erm, ok, around 6 ‘o’ clock?’

‘Cool, see you then.’

‘Bye Mikey,’ I shouted to him, because he was downstairs by now.

‘Bye Gerard,’

I said, slapping him on the butt as I went past, making him cry out. Before he could react, I ran out the door and pelted down the road. I grinned to myself as I walked home, remembering the look on Gerard’s face. I decided that now he knew I fancied him, I could flirt outrageously and maybe woo him into liking me back.

It’s five thirty. Gerard and Mikey will be here soon. I tidied up my room, hiding my comic strips and ‘Jersey Heroes,’ as I’m not sure how Mikey would take it that we did something that big without him. I get changed into something a little tighter and do my hair up nicely. I even put on a tiny bit of eyeliner to frame my eyes, I hope Gerard will notice. Five fifty. They’ll be here in a few minutes. I put the finishing touches to my look and my room. I don’t know why I’m making such an effort, is it because of Gerard coming or because this is the first time ever I have been given notice when they come over.
Five fifty five. This is so lame; I’m actually counting down the minutes until they get here. Five fifty seven. Standing in the front hall, hovering over the door. One minute past six. A knock at the door. I open it before they have finished knocking.

‘Hey Frankie, they say in unison.’

‘Hey guys,’ I say, ‘you’re late.’

‘By one minute Dude.’ I lead them upstairs to my room. Mikey walks in and sits on the bed, looking round. Gerard followed.

‘Holy Crap,’ he said.

‘What?’ I asked, confused.

‘I never saw your room look so tidy, where have you stash your porn and human
Remains?’

He asked a smirk on his face. Getting me back for my little act back at his
House I presume. Mikey looked puzzled.

“Whatever you guys, I’m going to get a drink, is that ok Frankie?”

“Oh, yeah sure Mikey, help yourself to whatever’s in the kitchen.” I said.
He nodded to me, and went out the room. Gerard sat on the bed looking at me, a bemused expression on his face.

“What the hell was that little insult for then Gerard?” I asked, in mock anger.

“Well, you grabbed my ass back there, very degrading.” He shook his head at me and sighed. I went and sat down next to him on the bed.

“Hey, the way I saw it, I was paying you a compliment.”

“How does that work?”

“Well, it proves you have an ass nice enough to grab doesn’t it?”

“I guess so but I already knew that. And as for the porn, I said that in all honesty.”

“Hey that is so untrue, and would you be referring to gay or straight porn because I take offense to…”

I trailed off because Gerard stopped me. He kissed me hard on the lips, and ran his hand through my hair. I put my hand on his leg, and pulled out of the kiss. Just then we heard Mikey coming back up the stairs. Gerard looked hurt, and I said to him

“Look I’m not falling for that trick again, I won’t let THAT happen again.”

“I’m going to get a drink,” said Gerard, storming out of the room. Mikey came in, a puzzled expression on his face.

“What was all that about?” He asked.

“Oh don’t worry Mikey, you missed A LOT at camp.”

“No I mean, I thought you fancied Gerard, why did you pull away from his kiss?”

“What? He was only joking right?”

“I’ve been talking to him today, he told me he thought he was falling in love with you, and that he thought you were in love with him. What you just did there, that was harsh,”

“What the hell? I have to go fix this ok.”
I said, and I raced out the room and down to the kitchen, not knowing what I was going to say to Gerard. I went into the Kitchen.

“Gerard?”

“What,” he snapped.

I walked over and kissed him hard on the lips, wrapping myself around him. He didn’t pull away, and neither did I. Eventually we ran out of breath, and had to stop.

“So,” I said, “you have a crush on me.” He grinned and kissed me again.

“Frank Iero, I don’t have a crush on you. I fancy you like crazy.”