Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

Epilogue

I stared out the window as rain fell. He left and he said nothing to the kids. He said nothing to me. I was pissed, yes, but I was also slightly depressed. My child, my biological child, had died and the father left with no notice. My hormones were still crazy, and I just wanted Valentine to hold me and tell me that I was feeling 'foolish', the word he would most likely use in his British accent that drove me secretly wild. I just wanted the only one that could understand what I was going through.
"Jen," I heard Carlos say from my door. I wanted to curl up, but I couldn't due to the mass amount of pain that would bring me. "There are a few people who want to see you." And they obviously didn't know I was Gwen. All the lying, I couldn't take it much longer.
"Gwen," I heard a hesitant, accented voice say. My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I got tense in hope, but I quickly relaxed and looked back outside. "Sorry," he whispered.
"Are you Joel?? I asked softly.
"Yes." He crouched by the window seat I was on. "Have you seen him?"
I just shook my head. I couldn't say anything, or I would cry. I heard a cry, but it came from the baby monitor, not me.. I sighed and got up slowly. Terence was awake. That had been how he woke up, crying, since Valentine left. He had also taken to calling him Daddy, which warmed my heart and broke it at the same time.
I walked to his room, the three strangers following me. I got to Terence's room to see Johnathan pick him up with his good arm. Terence looked at Joel and made grabby hands at him. Joel walked over hesitantly, taking him from Johnathan who looked hesitant to give him up. I nodded at him, telling him that he could give Terence to Joel silently.
"Not to be rude," I started. "But why are you here?"
"Daddy brother?" Terence asked, poking Joel's cheek.
"Yeah, baby," I said softly, taking Terence from Joel carefully. "Let’s go down stairs."
"You're gonna walk down stairs?" the only other girl asked with a high pitch to her voice that sounded odd. She was surprised.
"He didn't tell you about me, did he?"
"Not really," she said sheepishly, like it was her fault.
"More like she didn't listen," the last stranger said.
I nodded and made my way to the stairs, taking them slowly and carefully so I felt less pain than I had to with a child on my hip. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some Cheerios for Terence. He was taken out of my arms by Carlos who put him in his high chair and I poured some Cheerios onto the tray.
"Our father was worried about you," the girl said.
"Valerie, right?" She nodded. "I'm fine. You can thank your father for the worry, but I'm fine."
"You were staring out the window on a rainy day."
"A lot of people do that," I pointed out.
"He said you hated rain," the still unknown person said.
"Who are you?"
He got the widest eyes I've ever seen. I looked at Carlos. "Was that mean?"
"A bit," he nodded.
I looked at him. "I'm sorry. I'm cranky."
"I wuv you!" Terence said, throwing a Cheerio at me.
"Terence Jordan!" I scolded. "Do not throw your food."
He looked down, "I'm sorry mommy."
I just sighed and sat on a stool.
"I'm Jackson," he said. "The baby."
I nodded. "Sorry," I muttered. "We didn't really talk much about family."
"I know," came a new, non-accented voice. I looked up and saw their dad. He was leaned against the open way. "How are you?"
"Good, considering I was shot, lost my child and the father isn't here to talk about anything." I nodded my head slowly. "Pretty damn good."
"Wow," Johnathan said. "Bitter."
"You're one to talk," I said with a sickly sweet smile.
"Okay," Carlos said. "Let's let mommy have her melt down."
"Otay." Terence raised his arms and Valentine's dad picked him up instead of Carlos. Terence giggled and wrapped his arms around his neck. "Trev!"
"Let's go see what we can play with."
"LEGOs!" Terence cheered.
Joel and Jackson got up and cheered for LEGOs too. I looked at Valerie and she just raise her hands slightly and shook her head, silently telling me not to ask. Johnathan sat on a stool and so did Valerie.
"Are you the one that hit my mom?" Valerie asked.
"I cannot confirm nor deny that," I muttered.
"I'll take that as yes," she muttered back.
"Why did she hit you?" I asked.
"I wasn't a boy," she said hesitantly.
"I can kill her," I said.
She let out a laugh. "Maybe later." Silence surrounded us before Valerie broke it. "Do you know where my brother is?"
"I'm sorry, no." She nodded and looked down. "What do you do?"
"If you're asking if I'm a spy, no. I'm going to the uni to be a psychologist, and with my family standing, I'll probably be one for the government."
I nodded and smiled at her. "That's cool."
"Yeah," she said softly. "Do you love him?"
"More than I should."
"Are you gay?" she asked Johnathan, making me laugh than wince in pain.
"Wow, blunt."
"That's what you are, isn't it?" I teased.
"Bite me."
"I don't go for the gays."
"You lost your virginity to a gay guy."
"True," I admitted.
"Oh," Valerie said. "That's," she paused. "Dramatic."
I shrugged. "I was fourteen and not about to lose my virginity to someone I didn't know, let alone liked."
"I get it," she nodded, like she knew it all. Everything I was going through.
Did she really?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I have no idea when the sequel will be out. I have to move, and my mom decided that this move, we were moving our selves, I'm weak and she's lazy, so I have no idea how we're going to move two beds, a big freezer, a couch and love seat, and two big TVs, and other big, heavy things, by ourselves. I think she lost her mind, so I have to pack and we still have no idea where we're going, so I don't know when I'll be able to get everything set for a new story, but I will at least try to get things set up, but I won't start it until I am set up where we're moving to (Hopefully Florida or Colorado).
I will keep up with my other story, Needing And Wanting, though, since I have it, sorta, planned out and already started. I also have two other stories in the works. I'll post one when I finish Needing And Wanting. It will be the spin off to a story that I really need edit.
Please comment and tell me how you liked it and what you would like me to put in the sequel, I don't have it planned out. I just know how it will end and how it will start, what's in between is a mystery to even me.