Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

Fair Maiden of Tomfoolery

Friday came out to play and so were Mom and I as we watched the fifth film of Harry Potter. It was not that badexcept they cut-and-paste some parts. Really, it was good. Even it felt so weird to see Dan on screen being serious and then I will see Dan whenever being---all right! He can be serious but usually he is a fun loving' dude to me.

On our way home from the theater and mall, I took out my DVD camera to film the sights of London for my family and friends back home. Being my crazy self, I wore that black kitty ears I received from the Anime Convention back home and black-rim framed glasses along with the usual band tee saying, 'Nirvana', worn out ripped---at the knees---blue denim, and blue chucks.

Back to reality, Mom and I had a heated discussion on Harry Potter books and movies while I recorded the city.

"Okay but you can't blame the directors to make the movie for at least two hours and also please the audience," Mom pointed out.

"Come on, Mom. Avid readers of Harry Potter, like yours truly, understand that but they could at least put the movie in the right sequences. Though I should agree with you that the directors and crew do that in order to keep it within two hours and make sense throughout the film," I said.

Mom said with a smile, "You know it’s getting dark soon. Want to use Dee Dee?"

"What is a 'Dee Dee'?" I asked in bewilderment. She answered, "The Double Decker, I mean." I nodded and if someone had commanded the name 'Double Decker', oddly enough the red bus came.

"See Mom, 'Dee Dee' doesn't make the bus come," I pointed out along with my tongue. "Ha-Ha!"

"Bah humbug!"

"Don't be such a Scrooge. Everyone makes mistakes," I replied as we sat down at the top.

"Everybody gets that way," Mom, sang part of the lyrics of a song from Hannah Montana.

No! Not Hannah Montana! Please Mom! I begging you for no humiliation!

You are begging in your head you weenie!

I know you are, but what am I?

Me.

Damn!

You won thee battle but not thee war!

Shut up. You know you are also calling yourself a weenie since...we are the same person!

Roar!

"Mom, please."

"Fine."

After that, there was silence nevertheless good silence. Time passed by as the Double Decker zoomed around the lighted wonderland of a city. Suddenly, the silence of freedom came crashing by Mom's voice.

"Do you like Dan, Janie?"

I was in shocked at the question. "Is that a trick question?"

"Jane!" Mom growled. "You know what I mean."

I felt uneasy and my hands felt a little clammy. My voice went small and scared like a five year old, "I don't know." I felt I want to cry but I should not do that. Mom just asked a question. Just a small, simple question.

Then why that 'small, simple question' drained my usual happiness and clogged me with abnormal insecurity?

I squirmed to the silence of nervousness hovered over us until the bus stopped near the corner of our neighborhood. Looking up at the sun-setting sky filled with red orange, purple, and a tint of blue, I wondered if I do like Dan. My eyes landed on Mom in questioning. "Why did you ask me that question?"

Mom sighed and finally looked at me. "I thought that...from all the time you were with Dan, you would know." She smiled weakly at me and ruffled with my hair.

"Hey! And you know I do like Dan," I teased Mom but she did not know that.

"Yes!" She screeched.

"Yup, I liked him for how he looked so adorable in the first movie," I cooed while laughing.

Mom caught on and spoke, "Man! Stop teasing me on your feelings!"

I smirked. "Ha!"

Then we ran to our house from the bus stop. I won once again and did The Robot on the porch with the camera at hand. When Mom finally made it I screeched, "You lose! Yahoo!" I continued dancing on the porch.

Mom, acting parental, "Jane, gloating is a sin."

"Yeah but we all sinners," I answered, and acted like Sponge-Bob when he talked about his imagination. The tomfoolery ceased as a car drove on the Radcliffe's driveway and a certain family of three came out.

"Hey!" Mr. Radcliffe shouted. We waved to show he heard. "Hey Janie!" Dan shouted as well. Once he spoke out, birds flapped their wings in my stomach. However, I did not let my nervousness show. "Hey, Tennis Ball Eyes!" I replied. I went over to Dan, hugged him, and saw his bloodshot eyes. "I'll let you sleep since you suffered terribly through all the jet-lag of hell," I exaggerated. "Oh well, night Dan the---and weenie!"

"You're mean," he gasped.

"Yeah and you're famous. Life isn't fair is it?" I smirked.

"Yeah, Janie Weenie," he joked.

"Gasp! Danny boy had a comeback!" I was really surprise. "And I thought you were such a good lad."

"Well every good guy has a dark side," Dan smirked.

"Jeez, you might turn out to be like Anakin Skywalker."

"Fine. Until next time fair maiden of tomfoolery, sleep well," Dan, said finally as he headed for his door.

"Says the guy who has bloodshot eyes, sleep tight." I walked to my home and went inside to sleep.

Before I headed for my room, Mom was smirking at me in her robes.

What was she thinking?