Glitter

Chapter 11

I slowly lifted the spoon full of soup up to my lips. It was hot and good as it ran down my throat. After a little over a week of not being able to keep anything down I was savoring every bite. It had been 11 days since I'd last taken anything stronger than an aspirin. I had finally gotten my strength back and was feeling better than I had in a long time.

"Good?"

I looked up to see Max leaning in the doorway of the bathroom. He had just gotten out of the shower and was only in a towel. His wet hair hung in his eyes and dripped onto his chest and ran down over the planes of his abdomen. I bit my lip before bringing my eyes back to his.

"Mhmm." I replied.

"I was talking about the soup." he replied.

"So was I." I replied.

"Riiiggghhhttt...whatever you want me to believe." he said and dropped the towel walking over to me.

I laughed as he pulled the tray from my lap and replaced it with his body, his lips attaching to mine. He kissed me gently, his tongue pressing between my lips. However as soon as he did my phone rang loudly from beside the bed.

"Ignore it." he said nibbling on my ear.

"Baby I can't. I have to answer it eventually." I said and rolled out from under Max.

I hadn't answered the phone since the day Max found my pills. Ronnie had called billions of times as had all the other members of not only my brother's band but Max's too. I'd sent a few texts saying I was fine and such, never answering back. I had to answer today. This was the first day that my voice didn't sound like death.

"Hello?" I asked hitting the answer key.

"REGAN JOANNE RADKE!!! I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR SORRY LITTLE ASS!" my brother's voice accosted my ears.

"I-" I started but he cut me off.

"Don't you dare say you're sorry little girl! Where the fuck have you been?!? You haven't answered a single one of my calls, Nasty's calls, Jacky or Derek's!! Where the fuck have you been?!?" he replied.

"Ronnie! Calm the fuck down! I was at my friend's for a few days and the cell service is really fucking sucky!" I lied.

"And just who is this friend?" he asked.

"Her name is Jessie! I met her before I came back to Vegas! Now will you quit yelling at me?!? I'm a fucking grown ass woman! I can do whatever the fuck I please!" I spat.

I heard my brother sigh deeply, "Look Regan you can't just fucking run off and do this shit. You can't do this to me. I don't want to lose you." he replied.

"I know Ronnie and I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to not call you but I could only get a bar if that. Texting was easier but not much better with reception. Every time I sent you one my phone lost signal before I could say anything else to you." Damn I had forgotten how good I was at lying.

"Okay. Anyhow now that you're back in town how would you like to come pick your big brother up and go out to lunch?" he asked.

"Sure. No problem. Sounds great." I replied.

"Awesome so it's...10 now...11 okay? he asked.

"Mhmm. See you then. Love you." I replied.

"Love you too sissy." he replied and hung up.

"SHIT!" I yelled jumping out of bed.

"What?" Max asked looking at me.

"I have to get dressed!" I replied running over to the bag where I had all my clothes.

"Ronnie wants to meet me for lunch which means he thinks I'm at Dad's which means that he's expecting me to pick him up sooner rather than later and that means I have to fucking book across town. And why the fuck do I not have any shirts left?!?" I asked after having searched through my entire bag and not found a single shirt.

"I haven't done laundry yet. Lemme see if I have anything you can wear." he said and walked from where he'd been putting on boxers to his closet.

He rummaged around for a few moments before pulling out a shirt from the back of the closet and throwing it to me. I caught it and saw it was a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt. I looked at him.

"What? Do you want to go shirtless? I mean I personally don't mind but I think your brother might." Max replied.

I glared at him but pulled it over my head before pulling on my jeans. I found they were quite loose. I guess a week of not eating anything and purging the poisons from your system had that effect on your body.

Once my body was clothed I ducked into the bathroom and quickly ran my brush through the rat's nest on top of my head. After a few unsuccessful tugs I gave up and pulled it into a ponytail and smeared on some eyeliner. Happy with my appearance I walked back out and began to pull on shoes.

"So are you coming back tonight?" Max asked as I threw my things into my bag.

"Hmm...why don't you come round mine? I miss my bed." I replied.

"Sure thing babe. I don't care where we are just as long as you're there." he smiled and walked over wrapping his arms around my waist and pecking my lips.

"Thank you." I said when he pulled away and brought me closer to him.

"For what?" he asked.

"Taking care of me during all of this. For not judging me. I was a mess the entire time and you didn't leave me once. Most guys wouldn't have done half the shit you did. They wouldn't have put up with the mood swings, the insomnia...the puke." I smiled.

"Well that's what you do when you love someone babe. And I love you." he replied.

"I love you too. Now i'd better get out of here before my brother freaks." I sighed.

"Okay. I'll see you later." he said and kissed me one more time before I headed out.

I climbed in my car and gave a wave to Max who was watching me out of the window.

I hightailed it down the street and made it to Nason's in record time and somehow without getting a ticket. Ronnie was already waiting outside, a smile spreading across his face as he walk/skipped over to the passenger side of the door.

"Hey Sissy." he smiled as he got in.

I laughed at the childhood nickname before pulling out of the driveway.

"So...where do you wanna eat?" I asked.

"Anywhere with food." he replied.

"Good...I know lots of places like that." I replied.

We ended up at a burger joint not far from Nason's. I'd been there once or twice before I'd moved to Tucson. The burgers were huge and the fries were amazing.

"So what did you and your friend do?" Ronnie asked as we dug into our food.

"Nothing really. Just girly stuff." I replied.

"Like...?" he laughed.

"Nails, hair, scoping out guys. You know...girl stuff."

He nodded, "You listen to Cannibal Corpse?" he asked.

I looked down at the shirt, "Uh...no. It's Jessie's. I didn't pack enough clothes for the time I was at hers and she lent me this."

He nodded, "I was going to ask you what was up with it. Max used to play them and you'd cuss him until he'd turn it off." Ronnie smirked.

Something told me to tell him now...that I needed to do it.

"Ronnie I have to talk to you about something. I-" but he held his hand up as his phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

He nodded a few times and listened to whatever whoever was on the other line said. A huge smile stretched across his face and he hung up.

"Falling In Reverse has a show next week. We're doing Extreme Thing!!!" he said.

My jaw dropped, "Are you serious?!?" I asked.

"Hell yes! Look Regan I hate to cut this short but I gotta get back and practice." he said.

"Oh! No problem! C'mon let's get you back to Nason's." I said and stood up.

I when to toss the money for my food on the table when Ronnie stopped me and threw down enough for the money and a tip.

"You didn't have to do that." I said as we walked out.

"Yeah I did. I'm the big brother here." he replied.

I smiled and turned the car on. All the way back Ronnie rattled on about how great it was going to be and how much fun it would be to have me there.

"Oh what did you want to talk about?" Ronnie asked as we reached Nason's.

"What? OH! It-It's nothing. Look I gotta get back and do laundry so I'll see you later okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Later kid." he said and kissed my forehead before running inside.

I put the car into drive and made my way back to Max's. I knew I should've told him but I just couldn't pop the bubble of happiness over getting to play such a huge venue.

I pulled up to Max's place and headed inside, "Babe? You here?" I yelled.

"Regan!" Craig screamed running in from the backyard a moment later I was pinned under him.

"What the fuck?" I laughed looking up at him.

"I missed you!" he smiled.

"You're a retard." I said shaking my head.

"Craig what did I tell you about assaulting people?" Monte asked walking in.

Craig stuck his bottom lip out and stood up, "Sorry Regan." he said and helped me up.

"No problem." I replied.

"C'mon we're all out back." Monte said and the three of us headed to the backyard.

All the guys and Jessica were lying on lounge chairs talking. I walked over and plopped myself between Max's legs.

"Hey baby." I said.

"Same to you gorgeous." he smiled and kissed me.

"You're both disgusting." Robert grimiced.

"Please you and Jessica are just as bad." I replied.

"We are not!" Robert replied and Jessica smacked him

"Ignore my moron of a boyfriend. I do." she said shaking her head.

"So what are you guys talking about?" I laughed.

"The fact that we're playing Extreme Thing next week." Craig replied.

"Really? So is Falling In Reverse." I replied.

"Oh so I guess you're going to want to spend your time with them huh?" Max asked fiddling with a strand of my hair.

"No. I want to see you guys too. I'll just have to figure out someway to split my time between the two of you."

"Still haven't told Ronnie you're dating Max huh?" Monte asked.

I sighed and looked down, "No. I was going to tell him today but then he found out that they were doing Extreme Thing and I just...I couldn't do it. I didn't want to ruin how happy he was by going 'Oh by the way I'm dating the last person on earth you want me to' y'know?" I asked.

"It's okay Regan. Just tell him when you're ready okay? I'm fine with it." Max said kissing my neck and rubbing my shoulders.

I nodded and leaned back into Max. He wrapped his arms around me and the conversation continued. However I didn't pay much attention. I was too busy trying to figure out how I was going to keep the possibly the biggest secret I'd ever kept from my brother a secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long! comment?