Glitter

Chapter 12

"Sissy? Sissy...wake up! SISSY!"

I jumped a foot in the air before I tumbled off of my bed and onto the floor with an 'oof!'. Slowly opening my eyes to the bright morning light I saw my brother and his band mates standing over my bed all four smiling like a bunch of idiots.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room at...7 in the god dammed morning?" I asked glaring up at them.

"Did you forget what day it was Ray-Ray?" Nason asked.

"No but you could've called instead of barging in here! What if I was naked hmm? C'mon did you really think I would forget?" I replied.

"You are Ronnie's sister." Jacky smirked.

"Fuck you Vincent!" My brother and I said flipping him off at the same time.

"Anyhow you'd better get ready kid. We gotta be there soon." Nason said.

"Well I can't with you buffoons standing in here. Out! None of you are seeing me naked!" I said and shoved all of them out of my room slamming the door behind them.

Shaking my head at the fact they'd barged in my room this early in the fucking morning I started to get dressed. While I pulled on underwear I silently thanked god that I had talked Max out of sleeping here the previous night. I'd had a sneaking suspicion that my brother wouldn't just do something as simple as call to make sure I was awake. No...walking in unannounced was more his bag.

I knew that the Vegas heat was going to be insane that day so I dug around my drawers until I found a black tanktop with a skull on the front and a pair of denim shorts. I pulled them on before digging a pair of spiked black sneakers from the back of my closet. I slid on a bunch of random bracelets, a habit I had to hide the scars on my wrist, and a pair of Ray Bans on my head before running a brush through my black hair.

After quick swipes of eyeliner, and mascara I emerged from my room. I found the guys downstairs raiding the fridge.

"Thank god I made a trip to the grocery store." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yep." all the the guys said and continued to raid the cabinets.

I shook my head and ducked under Derek's arm to grab a Gatorade from the fridge, "Don't you guys have a show to go to?" I asked.

"Yeah but we thought we'd find out what you had to snack on first." Ronnie replied.

"Yeah but you woke my ass up this damn early so we're leaving. Now." I said and before anyone could say anything I grabbed the keys from Nasty's belt and hurried outside, snagging my phone on the way out.

"Thief!" Nason yelled and a moment later I was being followed by the four of them.

"Hey I may have stolen your keys but it got your asses moving didn't it?" I smiled and tossed the keys at Nason before climbing into the passenger seat of the van.

"And you automatically get shotgun why?" Ronnie asked.

"Because I'm adorable and you love me." I grinned.

"Yeah whatever you wanna believe kid." Ronnie smirked but kissed the top of my head anyhow.

We pulled out of the driveway and got onto the highway.

Ronnie, Derek, Jacky and Scott immediately began arguing in the back about something or another. I saw Nasty glance back at the lot of them before leaning over so that only I could hear him.

"So...I'm guessing you have yet to tell Ronnie about Max?" he asked.

"For what it's worth I tried." I said giving him a weak smile however he didn't respond in the same manner.

"Regan you do realize that Escape The Fate is going to be there don't you?"

I sighed, "Yes Nason I do. I've got it all worked out. I'm going to split my time between them." I replied.

"And you plan to do this how?" he asked.

"My friend Jessie is coming. I'll say I'm going off with her." I replied.

"And if Ronnie goes looking for you?" he asked.

"Then you're going to call me and tell me that he wants me and I'll make a magical appearance sans ETF."

"Oh so you're dragging me into this? What if I refuse?" Nason asked looking at me.

"But you won't and you know it. You love me like a little sister and you'd do this for me even if I didn't ask you." I grinned at him.

He glared at me and sighed, "Fine but you have to tell Ronnie about you and Max eventually Regan. I mean what are you going to do? Wait until you and Max get married and have kids?" he asked.

"Are you serious? We're a long way off from marriage." I replied.

He rolled his eyes and continued to drive.

We pulled up to the back of the venue a few minutes later and climbed out.

"Hey! I'm going to go find my friend!" I yelled grabbing my backstage pass and headed to the gate where I knew that Jessie would be waiting for me.

"Regan!" she yelled waving as I approached.

I flashed the security guard my pass and pointed Jessie out. He gave a short nod before motioning to her and letting her through the gate. She walked over smiling, her blond hair falling around her shoulders. She wore a pair of short black shorts and a black shirt that read 'Young & Reckless' with low pink Converse. Her blue eyes were hidden behind a huge pair of sunglasses and she wore pink and black jewelry with pink plugs in her ears.

Since the day at the diner Jessie and I had kept in touch. She knew everything that had gone down with my brother and Max and had jumped at the chance to help me out today. I didn't have many friends outside Max and Ronnie and their bands so it was nice to have someone around that had different point of view.

"Okay so what's the plan?" she asked as we made our way back to the van.

"Alright I wanna spend a little time with Max however my brother is against Max as you know. So you're going to be my alibi." I replied.

"Hold you head...hold it high...here's the the friends that were alibis!" Jessie sang at the top of her lungs.

"Oh my god you're a loser." I laughed shaking my head.

"No...just a fan." she smirked.

We reached the van where my brother and his band mates were unloading their gear.

"Gentlemen I'd like you to meet my friend Jessie. Jessie this is my brother Ronnie and his friends Nason, Jacky, Derek and Scott." I said pointing them out.

"Nice to meet you." Ronnie said and shook her hand.

"Same here." she replied.

"So do you guys need any help?" I asked looking around and knowing they didn't. Most of the stuff that had been packed into the van was already sitting around.

"Nope. Not really." Derek replied.

"Great then Jessie and I are going to go look around. Later bro!" I said and grabbed Jessie's hand and took off.

Escape The Fate was on the other side of the parking lot from where Falling In Reverse was parked. I had a feeling that the people who had set this up had done it on purpose and I was thankful. I considered finding out who had arranged the parking spots and sending them flowers.

"Regan!" Monte yelled when Jessie and I got close to the van.

"Monte!" I yelled back.

"Hey Green your woman's here!" Robert yelled into the bus.

"Hey! I am not his woman. I am his girlfriend. Don't make me sound like property Ortiz or you'll be missing a few jewels." I said looking at him seriously.

"Please no?" he said crossing his legs.

"Babe quit terrorizing my drummer." Max said as he walked off the bus.

"But it's so much fun!" I fake whined as he kissed me.

"I know. Oh hey Jessie." Max said smiling at my friend.

"Hola Maxwell." Jessie smiled back.

"So what excuse are you giving Ronnie as to why you're not over there with him?" he asked.

"Meet my excuse." I said putting my arm around Jessie's shoulder with a grin.

"You're her excuse?" Max asked.

"Yep. She called me, told me that she needed someway to keep Ronnie in the dark, I offered and here I am." she smiled.

"You're a god sent Jessie!" Max said and hugged her.

"Welcome." she said.

I opened my mouth to say something to Max when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey sis where you at?" Ronnie asked.

"Um...just wandering." I replied.

"Well we just got our slot time and we're up in 30 minutes. You wanna watch from the crowd or from the side stage?" he asked.

"Side stage duh! I'll meet you back at the van." I replied.

"Nah we're not even there. Tell me where you are and we'll meet you." he replied.

"No! I mean...Jessie and I will find you. Where are you?" I asked.

"Merch table." he replied.

"Okay be there in ten." I replied and closed my phone.

I gave Max a quick kiss before hurrying with Jessie to the merch table as fast as I could.

"There you are. We thought we were going to have to go on without you guys." Ronnie said as we walked up.

"Well excuse us for walking around. C'mon I thought you guys had to be on stage soon." I said and grabbed my brother's hand before pulling him in the direction of the stage.

"So how did you two meet again?" Nason asked Jessie and I as we walked through the crowds of people towards the stage.

"She stopped by the cafe I work at on her way back to Vegas." Jessie replied.

"How did you get back to Vegas?" Ronnie asked, turning to me a moment later.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"You said you got back to Vegas after that Garret douche left you but you never said how." Ronnie replied.

"Oh...my friend Alex drove me back. He was coming into town for something or another and offered to drop me off." I lied smoothly.

Ronnie seemed to accept it and went back to a conversation with Jacky.

"That was close." I muttered to Jessie.

"Well it's about to get a whole lot closer." she replied.

"What are you-" but she interrupted me by taking hold of my chin and roughly turning my head to face in front of us.

At first I was confused until my eyes locked with those of Max and his fellow band members. I saw Ronnie tense and Nason shoot a glance at me. I wish I could have said that I wasn't nervous about what was about to go down but then I'd be lying. My stomach was doing a trapeze act.

The group of us continued to walk towards Escape The Fate before stopping in front of them just as they did the same.

"Maxwell." Ronnie said curtly nodding.

"Ronald...mini Ronald." Max smirked at me.

Ronnie grabbed my wrist and pushed me behind him, "Don't even fucking look at her Green. You don't fucking deserve to after what you fucking did to her you asshole." Ronnie said through gritted teeth.

"You don't know fucking shit about what happened between the two of us Ronnie! You were fucking locked up for being a fucking druggie. You ever think that you should've been there for her? What about all those nights that you left her alone to go score huh?" Max spat back.

"You wanna fucking go Green? I'll wipe the fucking floor with your ass!" Ronnie yelled and instantly Nason grabbed hold of Ronnie.

"Dude calm the fuck down. You're on probation. You fucking get in a fight now you're going to get locked up and it won't just be overnight like it will be for him. You'll go away for a lot longer. Now I'm going to let you go and you're going to fucking walk away got me?" Nason whispered low in Ronnie's ear.

A moment later he let him go and with a final glare at Max he walked off. I sighed and matched Ronnie's glare at Max, which was admittedly was fake, and ran after my brother.

"Ronnie! Ronald Joseph wait the fuck up!" I called as I followed him.

He was only walking but was 4 inches taller than me giving him a distinct advantage. Finally taking off in a run I managed to catch up to him.

"Ronnie....please...stop." I wheezed. I really should think about quitting smoking .

"Sorry Regan I didn't hear you." he said finally stopping at the feeling of my hand on his wrist.

"It's okay just quit running okay? You're gonna kill me!"

He smiled, "Alright I will." he replied.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine....he just gets under my skin y'know?" he asked.

"I know. But look...what happened to being done with your old life? Can't you just leave everything that happened with Max in the past?" I asked.

Ronnie sighed, "I would but I can't Regan. If was just the shit he did to me then i'd consider it but this is you. If he hadn't hurt you then I'd be able to put it in the past but no. He hurt you. He's fucking dead to me."

"Ronnie...whatever. C'mon you need to be on stage." I said and grabbed his hand and began to tow him towards the stage.

The guys set was amazing. Ronnie was right on point and it made me smile to see my big brother back in form. I had missed him so much when he was away and now I had tears in my eyes as I saw him back where he belonged.

When they finished their last song Ronnie ran back stage and scooped me up in his arms. The biggest smile I'd ever seen was stretched across his face and he couldn't stop laughing.

"That was amazing Regan!" he smiled as he swung me around, nearly knocking over a sound guy and a couple of roadies in the process.

"I know! You were awesome!" I smiled kissing his sweaty cheek.

"It felt so good to be out there again! It was just....AH!" he laughed finally setting me down.

"Well I'm glad you had fun big brother." I smiled hugging him one last time before letting go.

"Hey we gotta go to the merch table and do a meet and greet. You gonna be okay wandering for a couple of hours?" he asked.

"Are you serious? Ronnie, there's at least half a dozen of my favorite bands here. I'll be fine. You just go meet your fans." I said.

"Yeah I know but Max-" he started but I cut him off.

"Max is not your problem okay? I'm a big girl. If I run into him I can handle it alright? Don't worry about me. Besides I have Jessie. She'll look out for me. Right Jess?" I asked turning to my friend.

"Totally. I will watch over her like she was my own flesh and blood." Jessie smiled.

"Okay then. Look you have any problems call me or one of the guys got it?" he asked.

"Gotcha. Now go bask in the love of your fans." I said and shoved him in the direction of the Merch tables.

I spent the rest of the day with Jessie and Max. Their set was amazing and Max had his eyes locked on me the entire time they played Gorgeous Nightmare. However soon the day came to an end and I had to bid Max goodbye. I kissed him goodbye and promised to call him the next day.

"So you managed to make it through the entire festival without your double life blowing up in your face." Jessie said as she walked into my bedroom in her pajamas, her blond hair pulled into two braided pigtails.

"I know. Thank Johnny Christ." I replied as I kicked off my froggy slippers and crawled under the covers.

"Do you think that you'll ever be able to tell Ronnie about Max?" Jessie asked kicking off her own SpongeBob slipper and joining me in bed.

"I don't know. I hope. I mean they're both important in my life and I don't want to have to choose." I replied.

"Well then you'll just have to get them to get along then." Jessie said.

"Easier said then done." I laughed and switched off the light.

Jessie's breathing became slow and even soon after. I thanked my lucky stars again as I started falling asleep myself. However little did I know that those stars...maybe they weren't so lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long! I've been super busy with my other stories!!!

Regan & Jessie