If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Fourteen.

Reaching the table that occupied Kellan, Zoe sat opposite the burly man that she had enjoyed four months with. Although it wasn’t a lengthy relationship, Zoe knew that it had been a fun one, filled with laughter. Almost immediately she felt a tremor running throughout her body; was she really making the right decision? Kellan stared up at her blankly, a small smile forming on his chiseled face. Zoe leant across the table, pressing her lips against his cheek. His smile grew slightly and he pushed the cup of coffee sitting neatly in front of him toward her, “I ordered you a latte.”

To this she smiled; would Rob ever be like this? Again, her heart felt heavy and she was unsure of what she was supposed to be doing. Always one to believe in fate and destiny, Zoe questioned whether or not this was the right path to take. She mumbled a slight ‘thankyou’, before feeling the vibrating of her cell. She excused herself and fumbled in her purse, pulling out her cell. The one new text message icon flashed dilligently on the screen , and as Zoe opened the text she was shocked by the recipient of the message. Expecting Billie’s reply, Zoe was shocked when the caller I.D. pronounced itself as ‘Rob’.

Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you :)

Zoe smiled, feeling her emotions flowing wildly throughout her veins. At that moment, she realised that what she was about to do was the right decision. Slipping her phone back into her purse, Zoe’s eyes met Kellan’s across the table. The small smile that had lingered on his face had dissipated completely. Zoe knew he was well aware of what was coming. She sighed, placing her hand across the table, and allowing Kellan to place his hand in hers.

Her heart skipped a beat as she opened her mouth to speak, however Kellan squeezed her hand. She looked up toward his blue eyes, and watched as his mouth opened, his voice drifting through the air.

“Zo, what the hell is going on?” His eyebrow arched as he looked toward her, “We had to have this big cast meeting to discuss Rob and Kristen’s breakup, and the director said that the wounds run deeper due to conflicting relationships between cast members. He kept staring at me.”

“There’s some things you should know,” Zoe’s head bowed as she spoke, “Before I met you, I was actually with someone for four years. I didn’t know you knew him when we got together,but it’s just gotten too weird.”

“Who were you with?” Kellan had released her hand, his jaw clenched slightlyas he looked up at her.

“Uh,” Zoe closed her eyes, hoping she could drift away from reality, “Rob.”

She heard Kellan’s breath getstuck in his throat as he processed the information he was recieving, “How the hell did you not realise that we worked together?!” His voice was hushed but Zoe knew he was pissed.

“I had never watched the Twilight movies. Rob thought I’d get upset over the ‘chemistry’ between he and Kristen. It was only once we got together that I realised that the two of you worked together. I’m so sorry Kellan.”

“Of course you’d have gotten upset over his ‘chemistry’,” Kellan raised two fingers on each hand for emphasised effect, “Considering they were fucking the whole time.”

“I am aware of that. But it’s just making everything awkward, Kellan. It’s causing fights between you and Rob, Rob and Kristen, me and you. I just can’t take it anymore. It’s weird and uncomfortable. I think you’re a great guy and I love spending time with you but I still have feelings for Rob and its just an uncomfortable situation.”

“So what? We’re just over like that?” He asked, his voice spitting out the words like venom, “Are you the reason Rob and Kristen split up?”

“No, I don’t think so. We’re not talking about them though, Kellan. I can stay in this relationship, and pretend that when we go to cast parties that I don’t see Rob and I don’t get butterflies, but it isn’t fair, Kellan. You know that, deep down,” Zoe sighed, patting Kellan’s arm softly.

“You want to get back with him?” Zoe knew she had gotten through to him, made him realise that it wasn’t worth the pain in the long run.

“I don’t know. I’m so sorry, Kellan,” she sighed, causing Kellan to look up at her with regret, “I really want to be friends though. I had the best time with you.”

“Obviously not the best,” Kellan shook his head, standing up and walking over to the banister,encasing the outdoor deck,

Zoe stood up too, following his footsteps and placing her arms around Kellan’s waist. Her chin pressed itself in the nook of his neck and she could smell the strong scent of his masculine cologne. Looking at his chiseled face, she saw him smile, “Kellan, Rob and I were together for four years. I don’t know if I want to be with him, but I’d like to have the chance again. You are such a great guy and you’ll find someone amazing, trust me.”

Kellan turned around, placing his thick arms around her shoulders and smiling, “If I’m such a great guy, why are you leaving me for Rob?”

“Because it isn’t fair on you, Kellan. I really hate this,” Zoe grimaced, placing her head on his muscular chest.

“Is he better in bed than I am?” Kellan asked, his eyebrows raised and wriggling.

Zoe snorted, her head shaking slightly, “Are you going to be okay?”

There was silence for a brief period, before Kellan squeezed Zoe tightly toward him and nodded, “I’ll be fine, babe. I just hope your making the right decision.” With that the two fell into a subtle silence, leaning themselves on the banister, Kellan’s bulky arms encircling her petite frame. At that moment, she knew from the lack of emotions in that embrace, that she was making the right decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be much appreciated :)