Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Caught Out

“Oh god Bailey you’re so gorgeous.” Mitch moaned as Bailey kissed his neck. Mitch had her pushed up against the wall of the study room.
“Mitch I have to go.” Bailey whispered pulling away and trying to make her way to the door.
“You’re not going anywhere.” Both their heads snapped to the door and Bailey’s eyes went wide.
“Vernon. What are you doing here?” she asked quietly.
“Is this why you said no to me?” Vernon asked. Vernon was in Bailey’s homeroom and last year they had flirted for about a month but nothing had come of it. Well Bailey had thought it was until Vernon had left a love letter in her locker.
“No Vern, I said no because I don’t like you anymore than as a friend.” Bailey said straightening her clothes and taking a step towards him.
“You said no because you’re fucking your study teacher!” Vernon spat.
“We’re not fucking.” Mitch said.
“Shut up! I could get you arrested you pedophile!” Vernon growled.
“What do you want Vernon?” Bailey asked.
“You. Same as I wanted you last year.” Vernon said firmly.
“What? No!” Mitch choked.
“Yes.” Vernon smiled. “And if I don’t get her then you, Watson, will get put in jail.”
“What the fuck man? Seriously what’s gotten into you?” Bailey raged.
“Well I’m sick of doing pretty much anything to get your attention and getting nothing in return.” Vernon snapped. “Last year I wanted you and you wanted me; that was obvious, everyone could see it. Then you went out with Lance and it pretty much broke my heart.”
“I’m sorry.” Bailey mumbled.
“I’m not finished.” Vernon hissed. Bailey shut her mouth. “As I was saying. You broke my heart then you broke up with Lance and I thought I might actually have a chance but then I find this.”
“Are you stalking me Vernon?” Bailey asked.
“No, I just happen to know where your classes are.” Vernon said his cheeks turning red.
“It’s illegal to stalk someone.” Mitch said.
“It’s illegal to sleep with a minor especially if that minor is your student!” Vernon retaliated taking a step towards Mitch who took a step towards Vernon.
“Stop it!” Bailey screamed. Both the guys looked at her. “This is bullshit! Vernon I’m dating Mitch. You can’t tell anyone. End of story.”
“I don’t think so Bailey. If you care about Mr Watson’s career and criminal record I suggest you meet me tomorrow at recess by the library. You don’t show and Mr Watson will never show his face in this school again.” Vernon smirked.
“Mother fucker!” Mitch growled. Vernon’s smirk only grew.
“Nope but I may be fucking Bailey before too long.” Bailey’s face grew hot with a mixture of embarrassment and anger. She step forward and punched Vernon straight in the nose.
“Don’t you dare talk about me like that; I would never sleep with you, not if you were the last person on earth!” Bailey spat.
“I think I’ve made myself clear. See you tomorrow Bailey.” Vernon smiled before walking out of the room. Bailey sat on the closest desk unable to stay standing. She looked over at Mitch who was standing there in shock.
“That just happened didn’t it?” he asked.
“Yeah it did.” Bailey sighed. “Why are relationships never simple?”
“If they were always so simple it would get boring.” Mitch said attempting to lighten the mood. Bailey smiled and a chuckle escaped her lips.
“You’re going to meet him tomorrow aren’t you?” Mitch asked quietly.
“Yeah, I will.” Bailey muttered.
“We’ll get through this Bails.” Mitch said wrapping his arms around her.
“I know.” Bailey smiled leaning back into his chest.
“I love you.” Mitch mumbled kissing her hair.
“I love you too.” Bailey whispered in reply.