Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

You'll Choose Me

Bailey lent against the library wall waiting for Vernon to show up. He'd told her to meet him there at 3:20. It was now 3:25. Luckily for her Sian was at home sick today so she didn't have to worry about the awkward conversation of why they had to stay late after school.
"I knew you'd show up." Bailey looked up from her phone and saw Vernon walking over to her, a huge smile on his face.
"Yeah well you didn't really give me much of a choice, did you?" Bailey spat.
"You're right, I didn't. And I'm not going to give you a choice in this either." Vernon said. Bailey gave him a strange look. What was he talking about.
"Judging by your expression I'm guessing you wondering what I'm talking about, yes?" Vernon asked.
"Wow, mind reader as well as a jackass, that's quite a combo you have there." Bailey said.
"I'm going to ignore that and move on to why you're here." Vernon smiled. "Now before I ask I just want to remind you of the leverage I have over both you and your pedophile. So now that I've reminded you of that small factor I'll move on to the actual asking part. Bailey Beats will you go out with me?" Bailey's eyes widened with a mixture of fear and disgust. He was really asking her out.
"How about no?" she suggested without a seconds thought.
"Do I need to remind you about the whole 'I can get Watson arrested' thing?" Vernon asked. Bailey wanted to cry but she refused to let this jerk see her at her weakest.
"Fine." she spat.
"So that's a yes?" Vernon asked.
"Yes, it's a fucking yes!" Bailey cried.
"I'll talk to you later then." Vernon smiled happily. "You have no idea how long I've wanted this Bailey. You'll see I'll be the perfect boyfriend and then you'll choose me over him." Bailey swung her bag over her shoulder and took a step towards the gate.
"How about a kiss? or at least a hug?" Vernon asked. Bailey glared up at him. This guy really had some nerve.
"Get the fuck out of my way." she hissed. He raised his arms in defeat and stepped aside.
"See you tomorrow my wonderful girlfriend." Vernon called after her. Bailey stalked to her car just as it started to rain, how cliche. As soon as she got in she slammed the door and broke down. What had she done wrong to deserve this? Just when she and Mitch were happy together something had to come along and ruin it. This time that something had been Vernon.