Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

First Day Back

Bailey parked her car and both the Beats girls sat in silence.
"We have to go in?" Sian questioned.
"Yeah." Bailey said sadly. If she had her way they would both be at home still thinking of ways to tell their parents.
"Come on, sooner it starts, sooner it's over." Bailey mumbled. They got out of Snuffels and grabbed their bags from the back seats.
"Bailey!" she didn't really feel like talking to Lance at that moment so she took her time locking her door.
"Hey." He said softly, stopping beside her.
"Hey?" she replied. The two of them hadn't talked since they had broken up.
"Are you ok?" he asked. The genuine concern in his voice made Bailey want to breakdown and tell him everything but she wouldn't.
"Yeah I'm fine." She smiled. "Thanks for asking though."
"You know I'm here for you, if you ever need me." Lance said touching her arm.
"Thanks Lance. You're a great friend, but I'll be fine." Bailey said patting him on the back. They reached the school and Lance went to her groups normal spot to meet in the mornings and Bailey followed Sian in the direction of their homerooms.
"Bailey!" someone yelled. She turned around to see Rex bounding towards her.
"You're alive!" he called pulling her into a hug.
"Yeah I'm alive Rexy." Bailey laughed hugging him back. As annoying as he could be, Rex was still her friend and she'd missed him.
"I'll see you later." Sian said.
"Yeah, find me if you wanna go home yeah?" Bailey said.
"Sure thing." Sian said with a smile before walking to her homeroom.
"I've missed my homeroom buddy Bails!" Rex said as they took their seats.
"Awww missed you too man." Bailey laughed.
"Bailey!" she turned around and saw Vernon walking over to them. He didn't look overly happy either, it may have been the fact that she and Rex still had their arms around each other.
"Hey Vern." Bailey said awkwardly.
"Are you ok?" he asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." Bailey replied offering a small smile.
"I've missed you, and you haven't returned any of my phone calls." he stated.
"I've been really busy. Sorry." Bailey lied.
"Too busy to even text me?" Vernon asked.
"Can we talk about this later, please?" Bailey asked.
"I'll see you after school then?" Vernon asked.
"It'll have to be recess, I'm busy after school." Bailey said quickly.
"Fine! I'll see you at recess!" Vernon snapped before walking over to the other side of the room. Bailey and Rex looked at each other before starting to giggle.
"He doesn't sound to happy with you." Rex laughed quietly.
"No he doesn't." Bailey agreed with a smile.
"He might just break up with you." Rex said.
"He may indeed." Bailey laughed hopefully.