Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Back On Track, Well It Was

The past few months had gone surprisingly smoothly in the Beats household and Bailey was feeling more relaxed about returning to school. She’d talked to Tilly the night before and told her how her parents had reacted to the news. Mrs Beats was going to talk to the principal that morning to organise how Sian would complete the year and Bailey had a good feeling that things were starting to look up.
“Bailey!” Tilly squealed jumping on Bailey to give her a bone crushing hug.
“Tilly!” Bailey giggled hugging her back.
“Time for study ladies?” a voice asked from behind them. They turned to see Lance walking towards them. Bailey smiled widely and nodded. She’d missed Lance. Since the week she was away Bailey and Lance had been talking almost every night. They were getting back to being how they were before.
“Then let me escort you.” Lance smiled offering them his arms. Tilly linked her arm with his and Bailey mimicked her. They walked through the corridors and past Vernon. Bailey felt his eyes burning into her back as she walked with Lance and Tilly but chose to ignore it. She had broken up with him the month before and felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Though she had been talking to Lance a lot she still hadn’t told him about Sian yet. She wasn’t sure if she was going to. Eva knew, she’d told her a month after she’d found out, but she was still a little wary of telling Lance, just in case he flipped one eighty and went back to Catherine. They had, however talked about that whole situation and Lance had agreed he’d let her get in the way of their relationship. Another bonus for Bailey was after Mitch had broken up with her he’d left the school, rumours were going around that he’d been offered a promotion somewhere at another school.
“And here we are; thank-you for the escort good sir.” Bailey said curtsying to Lance when they got to their seats. They were back to sitting together at the back of the classroom. Study had been enjoyable for the three since Mitch had left and was back to being one of Bailey’s favourite lessons. They pulled out their books, setting up for the double and started talking.
“Quieten down kids.” Bailey’s head snapped in the direction of the door and her eyes widened. There stood Mitchell Watson.
“I thought he left?” she whispered to Tilly.
“I thought he did too!” Tilly whispered not so quietly.
“Shh.” Lance hissed putting his hand on top of Baileys. Bailey blushed slightly and looked back to Mr Watson. She saw him glance up at her, as they met each other’s gaze the colour rose in both their faces. Bailey was the first to look away and kept her head down.
“Bails? You alright?” Lance asked quietly.
“Yeah fine.” Bailey mumbled.

The rest of the lesson Bailey kept stealing glances at her teacher. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t still love him, she did, she loved him so much. When the bell rang Tilly, Lance and Bailey quickly packed up their stuff and exited the room. Bailey could feel Mitch’s eyes on her the whole time until she was out the door. Bailey hadn’t had to think about what had happened between her and Mitch since he hadn’t been at school, now he was back she didn’t know what was going to happen.