Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Love Doesn't Change The Facts (Unfortunately)

“He’s your teacher?” Eva repeated after a few minutes of silence.
“Study teacher. There’s a difference, he doesn’t teach me anything, technically.” Bailey said quietly.
“I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it’s still illegal Bails.” Eva said sadly.
“I know.” Bailey sighed.
“But I’ve never seen you like this with a guy. Even with Lance you were nowhere near as excited as you are now. I condone it but I can also see it ending badly.” Eva said offering her an apologetic smile.
“I really like him Eve’s.” Bailey said hoping it would make up for all the things that were against their relationship.
“I can see that but unfortunately that doesn’t make up for you being seventeen and him being your teacher, no matter if he doesn’t actually teach you.” Eva said firmly.
“I know.” Bailey mumbled looking at her bed. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up at Eva. Her best friend was smiling gently down at her.
“I want to meet him.” She said.
“Huh?”
“If you love him this much I want to meet him and telling him I’ll kick his ass if he ever hurts you.” Eva smirked. Bailey laughed for a minute before she realised she never told Eva she loved Mitch.
“I never said I love him.” She said curiously.
“I can see you do.” Eva said shortly. “So tomorrow we’re going around to his place.”
“I’ll call him now.” Bailey smiled taking her phone out of her pocket. She dialled Mitch’s number and waited for him to pick up.
“Hey baby.” He greeted her.
“Are you busy tomorrow?” she asked casually.
“I have the kids and we were going to go see a movie. You wanna come?” he asked.
“I was wondering if I could pop in at some stage.” Bailey said.
“Of course you can.” Mitch said enthusiastically.
“When’s best for you?” Bailey asked watching as Eva eavesdropped on her conversation a smirk firmly in place on her lips.
“Come around in the morning and we’ll see where the day takes us.” Mitch said. “Say about ten?”
“Sounds good.” Bailey smiled.
“I’ll see you tomorrow then my love.” Mitch said.
“Indeed you will. Bye Mitch.” Bailey said.
“Bye Bails.” Mitch said before Bailey hung up. She put her phone back in her pocket and laid back on her pillow.
“So.” Eva smirked. “Tomorrow morning at ten then?”
“Bitch.” Bailey laughed. “And yes. So you better be awake.” Eva liked to sleep in and was always in a bad mood when she woke up.
“Now now Bailey what makes you say that?” Both the girls laughed just as Mrs Beats knocked on the door telling them there was lollies down stairs.