Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Snuffelufagus

Being woken up by an alarm was not Bailey's favourite way to start the day but she had to get up. The bag's under her eyes made her groan in annoyance.
"I guess that's what I get for not sleeping then." she mumbled before going down stairs and out into her back yard to let the animals out. She reached the chicken pen and opened the door. Her family had a few animals but not that many. Aunty Deb the red chook walked out and started scratching the ground looking for worms while the white chook, Dorry, decided she was going to have a stand off with Bailey.
"Seriously, didn't you learn yesterday? Just because you stand there and puff up doesn't mean I'm going to give you anything." Bailey said stepping around her. She let the rabbits out and watched as the two males started chasing each other around trying to impress the one female. Bailey laughed and went back into the house and looked for Spencer, their small kitten.
"Spencer." She called softly. Her dad wasn't awake yet and her mum was probably walking the dogs with her sister.
"Spence." She called again. The curtain moved and small ball of grey fur wobbled up to her.
"You are a goose cat." She giggled picking him up and taking him to the kitchen. She looked in the fridge and got one of the kitten food sachet's.
"Chicken today?" she asked ripping it open and putting some in his bowl. The kitten ate it happily and Bailey walked back into her bedroom. She grabbed her faded black jeans and her Paramore t-shirt. After a quick shower and she was back in her room pulling on her bright red converse. She grabbed her shoulder bag and the first hoodie that touched her hand and walked into the kitchen.
"You ready?" she asked her sister Sian.
"Yep." She said grabbing her pink backpack. Bailey grabbed her lunch box and drink bottle and shoved them in her back before grabbing her car keys and walking out the door.
"Bye girls, have a good day." Their mum called.
"Bye." Bailey called back.
"Bye mum! Love you!" Sian said waving at the front door. Bailey rolled her eyes. It was no wonder her and her mother always fought, when she was being compared to Sian and her always expressed love. She unlocked her door and got in before reaching over and unlocking the passenger door for her sister. Bailey loved her car. It was about 18 years old and was a little barina hatchback. She had named him Snuffelufagus after the mammoth thing on Sesame Street. The Beats family was fairly well off. Who was she kidding they were extremely rich. Her father came from old money but Bailey had never liked the idea of not working for anything. That was why she had gotten a job. It had taken her a little while to save up for Snuffles but it had been worth it. She was proud of him. As she pulled out of the drive way Bailey turned up the radio. She didn't really feel like talking to Sian that morning. It only took her five minutes to reach her sisters school. Bailey gave a small wave as she drove in the opposite direction to her school. When she got there she parked a few cars away from Tilly's car. She was still too scared to park right next to anyone. She got out and grabbed her bag before locking her door and checking Sian had locked hers.
"Hey Bailey." a voice said from behind her. She turned around and saw Lance getting out of his car.
"Hey Lance. How are you?" She asked waiting for him to lock his car.
"Yeah I'm good thanks. Ready for biology?" he asked.
"Not really. I'm actually really hoping we have a test." She said as they made their way into the school.
"Why?" he asked confused. Bailey hated tests and exams with a passion because she always did so bad in them.
"'Cause I don't think I can sit through another double of why we should date." she said.
"True." Lance said.
"I'll see you later." Bailey said making her way to homeroom.
"Yeah see ya." Lance called after her. It wasn't that Bailey had never thought about going out with Lance. It was more about the fact she was terrified that if things didn't work out then their friendship would be ruined. She looked at her timetable and saw she had double maths first followed by double study after recess. Bailey's eyes went wide. Double study. The events of the previous day replayed in her mind and she blushed thinking about the kiss. She really didn't want to go to study. She didn't want to see him again. She didn't know what to do. Taking a deep breath she decided that she would avoid Mr Watson and not talk at all in study. He couldn't move her if she didn't talk.