Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Is This Really A Good Idea?

“BAILEY!” Chelsea cried jumping into the teenagers arms.
“Hey Chels.” Bailey smiled hugging the child tightly.
“And who is this?” Eva asked curiously.
“This is my daughter Chelsea.” Mitch said with a smile.
“Your daughter?” Eva repeated.
“Yep.” Mitch said proudly. Bailey just looked at the ground. She hadn’t told Eva that Mitch had a kid, let alone two of them.
“Chelsea leave dad alone!” Max entered the room with a frown on his face.
“It’s fine Max.” Mitch assured his son.
“Bailey!” Max cheered. Since their first meeting Max had really warmed up to her and they were getting to be really good friends.
“How are ya Maxwell?” Bailey teased. He hated being called by his full name, much like his father.
“Good. How are you?” he asked rolling his eyes dramatically.
“Good. Long time no see.” Bailey smiled.
“You haven’t been here for ages Bailey! You don’t come around anymore.” He said sadly.
“I’ve been busy Max. I promise I’ll come round more often.” Bailey said extending her pinkey finger to him. He locked his with hers and a wide smile appeared on his face.
“Oh Eves this is Max. Mitch’s son.” Bailey said remembering her best friend was in the room.
“Hey Max.” Eva smiled.
“Hi.” Max said almost coldly towards her. Eva looked taken aback but kept a smile on her face.
“Why don’t you get them something to eat Mitch?” Bailey suggested wanting to talk to Eva in private. Mitch shrugged and got up before picking Chelsea up and walking into the kitchen.
“If you go into the kitchen you might get some of the chocolate that I saw your dad buy.” Bailey whispered to Max. The little boy’s eyes grew wide with happiness and he ran off after his father and sister.

“He takes a while to warm up to you.” Bailey stated sitting next to her best friend.
“Bails do you really think this is a good idea? Getting involved with a guy who has kids?” Eva asked her voice laced with concern.
“Eva please don’t bring this up now.” Bailey begged.
“Fine but we will talk about this. I’m not trying to talk you out of the relationship but I just want to see everything that is involved with it ok?” Eva said. She could be very mature for her age some times and this was one of those times.
“I know. You’re just worried for me and I love you for it but let just not talk about it here.” Bailey smiled.
“That’s fine with me.” Eva smiled. “Now let’s go see what that boyfriend of yours is feeding those cute kids.”